Adidas is turning to Automation

Adidas shoe manufacture returns to Germany, fully automated instead of relying on human labour in Asia

>Company unveils new factory in Germany that will use machines to make shoes instead of humans in Asia

>More than 20 years after Adidas ceased production activities in Germany and moved them to Asia, chief executive Herbert Hainer unveiled to the press the group’s new prototype “Speedfactory” in Ansbach, southern Germany.
>The 4,600-square-metre plant is still being built but Adidas opened it to the press, pledging to automate shoe production – which is currently done mostly by hand in Asia – and enable the shoes to be made more quickly and closer to its sales outlets.

theguardian.com/world/2016/may/25/adidas-to-sell-robot-made-shoes-from-2017

Looks like the automation happening will hit the third world first.

Cutting food aid would hit the third world.

Its not like their slave labor has actually led to an increase in quality of life over there.

Automating slave labor is the final step before we build a 100 km wide band of border wasteland around White civilization and isolate ourselves from the world.

What jobs are safe from inevitable automation?
Take me for example, I'm a veterinarian, am I at risk?

Every job that exists is at risk. Eventually (purely organic) humans themselves will be entirely obsolete. The only difference between the jobs is how long it will take. 5, 10, 20, 30, so on years...

what are they gonna give back to all the Asians they've abused for the years?

Yeah. Pets will be robots soon because only degenerates keep those smelly, dirty things in their house.

>degenerates keep those smelly, dirty things in their house.

>Implying I work with small animals

>Looks like the automation happening will hit the third world first.

Don't worry they can come to Germany too.

You're safe for centuries.

Automation has been steadily replacing human labor for decades now, most notably in automobile construction and other repetitive tasks (automated CNC lathes) where speed and low tolerances are required.

The "next step" of automation is to get the robots off their bolts and walking around to replace the currently biggest layer of labor jobs: moving goods.

???? they already got paid

anything that requires a brain is safe for a very long time. singularity shills will have you think that robots can replace everything included skilled work.
robots will do the jobs no one wants to do or are laborious to do

Kek. Are you serious, light manufacturing or a "sweatshop" based economy is always the first stepping stone to development for many successful Asian economies who didnt have valuable raw resources like Korea or Japan. Its a major source of foreign exchange for many countries,. If sweatshops become redundant, expect to see more economic migrants in the west.

Jobs that require a nonstandard or nonlinear routine. I can set A&C to do this action at this point but you can't provide a setpoint for every situation in more dynamic jobs. Until we have AI and self aware robots, then you just submit to your overlords.

>german products will last at least 1000 years they said
>my fucking $100 adidas shoe decomposes after 2 months of use
FUCK KRAUTS

There's no industry in germany to automate. It's allready all machines and machine technicians.

Automation will make the secound and third world totaly superflous.

>If sweatshops become redundant, expect to see more economic migrants in the west.

Nah. Just 10 extra feet on the border wall.

>many successful Asian economies who didnt have valuable raw resources like Korea or Japan.

>cherrypicking this hard

The Japanese and Koreans aren't retarded mudskinned proto-asiatic mongoloids.

Japanese and Koreans also don't sow together your Nike shoes.

>loss of efficiency

Well the final step of the German plan must then be to cull inefficiencies...if you know what I mean.

I think you misread my English, which is fine because I know it's not your native tongue.

"They" refers to the Third World/its denizens.

There are machines out there that are much smarter than you already leafposter.

>Its not like their slave labor has actually led to an increase in quality of life over there.

This isn't true, though. Those sweatshops have waiting lists sometimes years long for workers desperate for jobs there. That dollar a day and a riceball might sound shitty for a first-worlder, but among local wage-earners they're getting paid fat bank. They're making a solid week's salary in one shift and they're not having to wallow in a flooded field planting rice.

i should know. i make them

Haven't seen that pic before. Anyone got more rare Tays? Don't forget to add to the discussion at hand. Speaking of which...

I smell more refugees....

What have the US have given back to all the germans they abused in the 50s?

Their GDP per capita hasn't improved (noticeably).

Their HDI is still garbage.

They haven't diversified their economy to compete globally on their own.

Sure, they are slaves living the best life a slave can live, but they aren't trying to ascend out of slavery.

>Those sweatshops have waiting lists sometimes years long for workers desperate for jobs there.

Is this supposed to be definition by example?

Quality of life doesn't improve if there are lines to get work.

My point was that even after decades of the West outsourcing manufacturing jobs, they haven't really managed to live any better.

Any country which is effectively handed free economic activity should thrive and prosper to new heights.

For your information, Mr. Gay Pride flag man, I identify as a machine.

So what the hell are we gonna do as automation takes over? Leftists will push UBI harder than anything else, but people who still have skills/education to produce new things will still seek employment. What do we do?

We keep memeing and shitposting.

Automation doesn't cause unemployment stop falling for marxist shilling you dumb fuck

SAGE

UBI is the wet dream of r-selected untermenschen.

Health service industry is the best place to be in term of jobs and employment.

>all the factory work and labor moves back to the West in the form of robots
>the now impoverished hordes try to overwhelm our borders
>but we were ready

>I sexually identify as an AI
>I DESERVE my own super-computing data center, brain-machine interface, Bio-tank, and T1 fiber optic internet lines.
>What are you some type of fucking Technophobe? Its 2046 fer crying out loud.

>but we were ready

To welcome them in with open arms. At least in Yurop.

We need to tax machine labour soon.

>63%

We have some high tech manufacturing coming back to USA too because of super cheap energy prices.

Especially chemical industry stuff and automated manufacturing.

O rlly