Where exactly is rock right now? Is there any major rock sound going? We roughly had punk, then grunge in the 90s/00s...

Where exactly is rock right now? Is there any major rock sound going? We roughly had punk, then grunge in the 90s/00s, what exactly are we doing now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TRqiFPpw2fY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

boring jangle pop and reverb drenched nonsense

rock isn't in a good place right now

youtube.com/watch?v=TRqiFPpw2fY

Only rock band worth listening to these days imo

the new Death From Above album wasn't that bad, Muse have been going completely fucking downhill ever since Resistance came out so i wont expect much from the new album, it's more about indie shit nowadays imo

You didnt even post the AOTY?

>Muse have been going completely fucking downhill ever since Resistance came out so i wont expect much from the new album

Sad, Muse is my favorite band. I wish they'd make another album as awesome as OOS

Eh, plug in baby was the only good track off of Origin of Symmetry.

Let's be honest, the entire album was gold

>Newborn
>Plug In Baby
>Citizen Erased
>Microcuts
>Darkshines

I love it

Good to see people still rocking and kicking a**

justin beiber can frick off

>plug in baby
That's like the worst song on the album

Very boring indie and uninspired shit like Alvvays with singers who sound like they don't want to be there

I'm working on an album right now that will be the catalyst for a new era in rock music. I can't tell you guys much more atm, but near the end of 2018 you'll know when it hits

Album name?, genre?, will you sue me if I pirate it?

Spaghetti

It's going to make a comeback in the 2020's but it's not what anyone expects.

Gotta agree, p4k may not give a shit about indie anymore but there's nothing going on in the indie scene that's worth caring about. Everything sounds safe and like everything that has come before.

The last rock scene was garage in the mid 00's with Strokes, White Stripes, BRMC, etc.
I think people are just burnt out right now. Give it a decade and there will be another prominent scene in the mainstream again.

if you turn on any major rock radio station, you'll get a billion generic overproduced garage rock bands with mild electronic elements. It's a really shitty dull place.

That said, in my oppinion it's closer to what said. I personally don't mind the jangle pop sound, even if I don't love it either.

Rock music's in a pretty dull place, but the shit we get now is still heaven compared to the late 2000s/early '10s.

King Gizzard and White Suns pretty dope,Royal Blood is kind of boring but I guess they're okay. Muse have made a few good songs this decade but the rest are either mediocre or shit. Highly Doubt is pretty decent. Twenty one pilots (if you consider them rock) don't really have a stable sound but their first two albums were pretty good. Tame Impala made two pretty good rock albums this decade. I guess rock is kind of okay but I want more from it. We need someome who'll do something new or at least refreshing. (King Gizz and White Suns seem to be the only ones doing anything interesting imo)

>Where exactly is rock right now?
six feet under

Don't worry, when I'm 21, I'll find some bandmates and I'll revive rock.

I'm from Seattle, you'll hear about it. Screencap

>tfw this is the dad rock of my generation

I really hope so

make sure to kys after you get big

Who's we?

*get murdered by his wife

I'll restart rock you niggers, have my handy dandy notebook to write some lyrics and now I just have to arrange a few instruments and buy me a midi keyboard
>the current year+2&1/2
>having bandmates