I'm drinking alone and about to listen to pic related for the first time

I'm drinking alone and about to listen to pic related for the first time.

Should I listen to the Glow Pt 1 first or can I head straight in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=13vBLFtb7EU
songexploder.net/the-microphones
youtube.com/watch?v=tmKYtm731m4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can head straight in, or listen to It Was Hot beforehand. This is a much darker album that feels even heavier when you have the context of the happier album that came before.

just go for it

never heard this band, but is there a glow pt 1? wtf

Get a good buzz going first so the sadness hits harder

id start with pt 3 first

I'm knackered and already feeling pretty depressed and I just poured a quadruple instead of a double by accident, it won't take long before I can start listening.

what are you all drinking tonight? It's the Kraken and coke for me.

The lady singing at the end of I want to be cold gets me everytime. It soumds like such a catchy tune and then she just gets cut off.

>I'm drinking alone
cheers m8 same here listening to some triple six mafia

>band
>asking questions when there is google
die

alcohol should be poured in the shitter not the body

still falling for that old trap? LOL

are you literally retarded? kys

I prefer drinking alone 8 times out of 10 to be honest. It cuts out all the bullshit and the having to deal with drunk cunts and just gets down to your music, your thoughts and your feels. I'm never more honest with myself than when I'm pissed.

What are you drinking tonight?

>pt 1

>implying the glow and gleam aren't songs on it's hot we stayed in the water
>implying they named two songs pt 2 for shits and giggles

come on now user

got some jameson, how about you?

Kraken - the goatest of dark rums.
I've tried getting into whiskey but I just can't help but feel I'd rather be having rum, or even a bourbon

The Glow pt.1 is really just a song from his previous album It Was Hot, We Stayed in the Water. It's a really good song (and album), that's worth listening to, but isn't really necessary at all to understanding the Glow pt.2. But you should also listen to It Was Hot, We Stayed in the Water. It's just as good as The Glow pt.2.

OP here my blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood fucking sent shivers down my spine

>rum

favorite part of the album for me

triple six, triple six, triple six smoked out now i'm high really high mane i'm about to shout

I'm not sure listening to this drunk and depressed was a good idea

There is no The Glow Pt 1

youtube.com/watch?v=13vBLFtb7EU

there literally is

I really fucking liked the first few songs but the last half seems kind of... meh.

I love the album but I'll admit that the last half is not as immediate. Give it a few more listens sometime and it'll grow on you as one larger whole.

And once you finally feel like transcending your earthly form, give Mount Eerie (the album) a listen.

Im drinking wine and reading some HP Lovecraft

loser

IIIIIII TOOooOoK MY SHIRT OFF, IN THE YARD

this. op it's way more abstract after the first 3 songs so you just need to hear it more.

>most people don't know it gets up to the glow pt 7

Now Im Hi Pt. 3

there's a part one??

That's Mirah.

Yes, fuck sake. There is.

Whisky here, m8. I can rarely listen to The Glow Pt. 2 anymore because it reminds me too much of my ex.

>tfw you will never listen to the glow pt2 for the first time again

I love this album so much...
I even bought the dutch cookbook from the 30s which is the cover art for this album

Post pics? Where did you buy it?

What is the deal with that tiny snippet of a different song at the end of I want to be cold and why can't I hear the rest of it REEE

t. fag who thinks the microphones was just Phil

it was mostly Phil. as far as I know he made almost the whole album by himself. of course he had a band when playing live

I bought it on some dutch bookstore's website
Im living in the netherlands at the moment and im pretty sure you can only get it here.

It was just Phil. Anyone else were brought in as guests. Mostly vocal guests

everyone who loves this album should listen to this
Phil explains his process of recording very well here

songexploder.net/the-microphones

So fucking cool. Thanks for sharing

I've been looking for this. Thanks.

When you finish it listen to Mount Eerie

this song is also pretty neat
youtube.com/watch?v=tmKYtm731m4