Is there a better example of completely changing up a sound for a new record and having it go better than expected?

is there a better example of completely changing up a sound for a new record and having it go better than expected?

yes

This seemed like the logical progression that the band was making from the Bends, to OKC to this. It wasn't that sudden, it was pretty gradual. I think Talk Talk's leap into more experimental music was more sudden than this

Naw CoS was a pretty massive hint

Primal Scream pulled it off at least two times, with pic related and XTRMNTR (three times if you ask me, I liked Vanishing Point)

Soundtracks for the Blind

Currents

not completely changing sound. not even close lmao

i think

This

MBV always had a slow progression of sound

*ahem*

of Montreal's discography

I can't even imagine having been a fan of theirs in the 90s and then hearing this for the first time.

Previous two albums were pretty similar, Pet Sounds was just the perfected culmination of the sound

I love brand new, but they did not change their sound very much.

THIS

was about to post this
>going from making one of the best BM albums of all time to one of the best electronic albums of all time
Literally nobody has ever done this before, not even Varg with his dungeonsynth meme albums (that are actually p good).

You gotta admit it, it's quite different from Exmilitary

Portishead

For which album? The newest one is complete garbage

Massive Attack with Mezzanine

This so much

yes. the original kid a

anything dean blunt

Mumford and so- pahahahahahahahahahaha