Why do so many people say marilyn manson isn't goth?

why do so many people say marilyn manson isn't goth?

Because he isn't. Manson's outfit is all about shock value, the more the better. Goth look isn't about that. And obviously the music is totally different.

Glam

>his outfit is all about shock value
He often embraces the macabre which goth is all about.

>music is totally different
His music isn't that different compared to Alien Sex Fiend, Sisters of Mercy, or Clan of Xymox.

Because he's secretly also Nick Cage

despite being a massive faggot he still isnt gay enough to be goth

Eighth grade is tuff amirite?

Don't you try and pollute goth with that faggot.

How the fuck is Peter Steele goth? His music literally doesn't sound goth at all. He just jumped on the 90's goth bandwagon and slightly changed his aesthetic. His music is thrash metal if anything.

Why wouldn't you directly ask the people who say it?

thats what goth is all about

I love peter steele

You are on Sup Forums arguing about what is and is not "truly" goth. It is impossible to become more of a loser than this.

Andy sixx is goth

Don't try and conflate carnivore with type o, nigger. Tell me that Christian Woman and september sun sound anything like male supremacy or jesus hitler.

Type O was goth my guy. Get over it.

Imagine being nearly 50 years old and still dressing like a huge faggot, either by choice or because of the brand you made for yourself.

This newfag is right

this is the worst one yet

grow up

Christian Woman and September Sun still sound like generic thrash metal songs from the 80's or 90's, they sound nothing like 80's goth music. Woods of Ypres is not goth either, it's closer to doom metal.

Just pair those two Type O Negative tracks against anything from Sisters of Mercy or Siouxsie and the Banshees.

Because he's a homo-sexual.

If Chad Kroeger was able to cut his hair short and change his style to resemble his age, then Manson should be able to do the same instead of pretending he's in his 30's with that goth make up and look.

Just like kiss
Take away the theatrics and the music sucks

Who cares? His music sucks, his live shows are even worse, and his fanbase is so fucking cancerous it almost makes me sick. Old fat fuck needs to just quit.

The last rock star in earth

He is a faggot

the only people who care are music snobs and they're all immature faggots

>this is true goth
>this is pure metal
>this is real music
>this is popular so i hate it

who fucking cares, if you like it, you like it. it's truly retarded to be past high school and only listen to music if the people making the music don't dress like you do.

then when you actually talk to real musicians they're into a variety of styles in their own time and mix random genre into their songs. goths are into hip hop, rappers listen to the cure. but meanwhile suburban kids hate on classmates who like dr. dre and talk shit while shopping at hot topic.

could you be more of a faggot? music is objective you stinky pleb