How to develop social skills? Give me some examples you use in your life?

How to develop social skills? Give me some examples you use in your life?

I minimize the things i talk about myself and the things i do and more about random things. Ideally those things others are interested in - of course you've gotta get a feel for what that is.

Thanks

Any more advice

for example?

Same way you develop any other skills. Go out and practice.

I did, but with not much luck.

Get the fuck off Sup Forums, bro.

I just got myself a job, I have to talk to people pretty often and it helps you become more comfortable. Also if you're trying to keep a conversation going just ask a lot of questions related to the topic, most people love to talk.

go to the street, then what?

Stop forcing it for starters. Dont be afraid to not talk and let the silence hang sometimes. Small things that help tremendously.

Well for instance yesterday i met a bunch of new people so at first i mostly listened to their conversations with each other to understand the type of people they are.
As soon as i had understood that they were really alcohol centered i shifted my conversations to themes to alcohol even though i'd prefer to talk about politics or scifi stuff.
It's much about finding "common ground" so you can have smalltalk - i hate smalltalk, but i recognize that others love it and see it as necessary for social interaction.

Practice whenever you can. Make small talk with everyone you meet. The cashier, the bartender, the guy you buy your weed from. Just have convos just for the sake of enjoying the conversation. Helps if you steer the convo to subjects that interest you. In general, fake it till you make it.

People watch.
Walk around the Mall asking about products.
Get a job that requires you to talk to lots of people.

But what if i dont enjoy conversations?

I can fake it pretty good and go along.
But all in all its just not fun

Yes, because you're new at this. That's why you keep practicing. Keep doing it, and you get better. If you want to level up, you have to grind.

There's no magic set of things to say, that will give you awesome social skills. you have to practice to get better. You will suck at it for a while, but it's the only way to get better.

Small talk is formalities basically. It's a ritual to establish both parties have the same norms and values. Starting from there you can go anywhere. Though I often skip that step and delve right in with the real talk. Some people can be taken off guard by this, but most people would still prefer an interesting convo over mindless small talk about the weather.

See pic then. We're a social species bro, you're supposed to enjoy convos and connections with other people.

You don't enjoy it, because you suck at it.

You've seen videos of people doing flips and tricks on a skateboard, and you've got a skateboard, but whenever you try to do the tricks you fall on your ass and hurt yourself. So you say you don't enjoy skateboarding. You would enjoy it, if you could do the tricks, but you have to put the work in first.

Start with people who are expected to talk to you. Waitresses, bar tenders etc. Don't start trying to drop in on vert with a chick you don't know on the street, until you get the basics down.

An even better tip for OP: get into the service industry for some time. One week as a bartender will give you more social skills than a year of reading self-help books about it.

this.
even retail work bro, its all soul destroying but you realise 90% of people are basically this one archetype "normies" and they're set in their ways but simple as fuck to imitate.

or be yourself, but this isn't a PSA

ever hear the term fake it till you make it?

Always be an asshole. Treat everyone like shit. your friends, family, strangers and yourself and ESPECIALLY chicks. That's the Thundercock way.

you can't, it's genetic, you either have the intelligence and properly routed anxiety filters or you do not, if you do, you will simply intuitively feel what is right and wrong and your whole life you will just naturally learn what is the proper way to socialize

First start having large conversations with family and friends, then move to known people and then strangers.
>Always smile (not like a retard)
>Be normie
>Make a lot of questions (people like to talk about themselves)
>If you want to enter in a conversation say something about the environment like "it's hot here" "this is a very good song"
>Practice faggot

>go outside
>hang around people
>imitate what they do