Get fucked. They were good

Get fucked. They were good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZY2nl2CwLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

great post! stick around, you'll do well here!

Every song sounds the same CORE

Only if you're in highschool maybe.

If you only mean Bon Scott AC/DC of course they were good
Brian Johnson AC/DC is some of the most overplayed, overrated dadrock of all time tho

Maybe if they didn't sing.

Bon Scott was a great prog singer who did it for fun in AC/DC
Brian's just your old yobbo chad

stripped down formulaic bands like ac/dc ramones, motorhead are great
but they have to know when to stop
when you treat your music like a formula, making tunes becomes a mathematical problem not a creative one, so the # of good variations will dry up

Bon Scott and prog? Please continue.

Both are correct.

pratically pop music

this desu

I've always found it hilarious how all their critically well regarded stuff is Bon Scott with the one exception being Back in Black which is in turn their most acclaimed and popular album ever

Like if it was actually that good, why does nobody care about their later work? Perfect example of acclaim automatically going to the next release or most recent release after an artist dies young.

are you kidding me, he was a well-known professional singer before ac/dc
youtube.com/watch?v=hZY2nl2CwLc

because cool rock music =/= chad rock music, and ac/dc perfectly demonstrates this with its two eras

Huh, this is weird.

Bon Scott AC/DC is still some of the best rock out there.

There is some pop music that is actually good, this shit fucking sucks.

back in black (the song) is playing on the astral plane as we speak man.

I can leave most ac/dc behind tho

Nobody disputed this. AC DC were good but have a certain place in the music scene and stick to that only. They (Brian Johnson and arguably Bon Scott) only stuck to pop hard rock and never pretended to be anything else

Christ, look at that beard

The Bon Scott stuff had more variance although 90% of people have only heard their hit singles which are all pretty samey.

After BIB, they really pretty much stopped trying. They had a bit of an early 90s revival with The Razor's Edge.

I think it didn't help that Brian Johnson destroyed his voice early on trying to sing the back catalog which wasn't designed for his vocal range.

Back in Black [Atlantic, 1980]

Replacing Aerosmith as the band of choice for heavy machinery-admiring primitives, these Aussies are a little too archetypical for my taste. Angus Young does come up with some killer riffs, although not as often as a refined person like myself would hope, while newly-recruited singer Brian Johnson sings like he has a cattle prod at his scrotum, just the thing for fans who can't decide whether their newfound testosterone is agony or ecstasy. Songs like "Given (sic) The Dog A Bone" and "Let Me Put My Love Into You" contain all the unimaginative sexual acts you'd imagine, while "What Do You Do For Money, Honey" has fewer answers than the average secretary would prefer. My sister is glad they don't write poetry, and if you're female, feel free to share in her relief. Brothers are more deeply implicated in these matters. B-

For Those About To Rock...We Salute You [Atlantic, 1982]

Brian Johnson fully takes over and makes the band into his own, substituting Bon Scott's old-fashioned raunch for an anthemic grandiosity more fitting of their precious heavy metal status. Myself, I'd appreciate some indication that Johnson knows the difference between his dick and the light tower. C+

Who Made Who [Atlantic, 1986]

The soundtrack to Stephen King's "Maximum Overdrive", this collection works well by keeping the sexism muted and emphasizing songs (of the 9 tracks here, Bon Scott appears only once, on the tired "Ride On"), while two of the three new tracks are instrumentals. I only wish that their one true masterwork, the drum-hooked fucksong "You Shook Me All Night Long" wasn't buried on side one the way it's buried on side two of Back In Black. But this is their most presentable collection nonetheless. B+

Blow Up Your Video [Atlantic, 1988]

The brutal truth is that sexism has never kept a good rock-and-roller down. From Muddy to Lemmy, lots of powerful rock has objectified women in objectionable ways. But rotely is not among them. I mean, these guys have never known how to throw a party. Sure, their costumery was good for a laugh, but Brian Johnson's voice has grown hoarse with the encroaching years, and Malcolm Young has always been stingy with the famous killer riffs. Their reunion with Vanda and Young no more signals a desire to return to good albums than does Elton John's reunion with Bernie Taupin, it signals desperation and commercial panic, and unlike Elton, they're unlikely to reverse their long-term downward sales trend. I look forward to their retirement and the inevitable best-of that follows. C+

Distinctions Not Cost Effective [1970s]: No sexual preference implied

Everything Rocks and Nothing Ever Dies [1990s]

I like the Bon Scott AC/DC. Sure, their songs get kind of samey but they have a very distinctive sound (that is ti say, no other band sounds like Bon Scott AC/DC) and I like it.

The Brian Johnson stuff I don't really care for.

They're like the McDonalds of rock and roll. It's basic junk food without much nutritional valve, but it's enjoyable from time to time.

Dadrock of the worst kind

Why do you keep posting christfag reviews

Lyl he hates masculine "Chad" bands like AC/DC because they remind him of his old enemies from high school.

I kinda like Dirty Deeds when it's on. I'll probably never sit down and listen to their stuff but if it's on the radio in someone's car I won't complain.

Christgau is a faggot.

>be scrawny nerd kid who gets beaten up by football jocks
>can't let it go
>spend the rest of your life trying to take down masculine music that people like your old tormentors from high school listen to

>be in store the other day
>see some balding dude in his 30s with a "Rock or Bust Tour" T-shirt
Was that the Axl/DC shows I thought? Lyl.

AC/DC's original frontman was kicked out of the band for "creative differences" with the Young brothers. They had auditions for a new frontman, and Bon Scott comes in, and so basically the Young Brothers are these little 19-20 year old kids and Scott was in his late 20s. They got a kick out of him and joked that he was too old to rock. Scott found them charming though and thought they needed an older, experienced hand to guide them.

This means prog is chadrock now

Back in the 70s, normies all listened to AOR. Styx, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult. It was all just rock. Punk and New Wave was for the small group of snarky, ironic hipster kids.

The Bon Scott stuff was a lot more Australian-flavored, starting with HTH Mutt Lange decided to make their songs a little more "international" flavored and remove some of the Australian-ness from them. This was fully completed on BIB when they just became generic stadium rock.

>They (Brian Johnson and arguably Bon Scott) only stuck to pop hard rock and never pretended to be anything else

So did KISS for that matter.

That's funny because Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley were also two scrawny nerds who decided to start a band so they could get rich and have sex. They weren't real rock badasses like Lemmy or Axl Rose, it was very calculated in a way.

So they were kind of like Christgau in some ways, but completely lacking his idealism and instead just viewed music as a cynical way of getting rich and having sex.

They're almost a decade younger than him, they were shaped by the cynical 70s more than the idealistic 60s.

BIB is just a bunch of totally generic (but ridiculously catchy) stadium rock tunes.

I know, makes me laugh when normie rock fans dismiss pop while praising this shit.

Here. Christgau explains in this column why rockists disliked pop/EDM.

Kind of but I think the issue people have with pop music is that it's inherently corporate product and top-down, it's not grassroots like country or rock or hip-hop. I mean, how can you respect or take someone like Ariana Grande seriously? She's a product of Disney.

>it's not grassroots like country

Maybe 40 years ago. You're not gonna tell me that Florida-Georgia Line is anything but product.

What the fuck how did I not know this

They literally wrote 100 of the same songs

>that one balding dude in his 30's who thinks he has good music taste because he listens to acdc and hates rap music
are you that OP

Already saw him.

Dude...there's plenty of real country music if you care to look for it. My sister has a large collection of the stuff on her iTunes.