Why did 90s suck so bad at music? All we had was meme grunge rockers and (c)rap in 90s?

Why did 90s suck so bad at music? All we had was meme grunge rockers and (c)rap in 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms
youtube.com/watch?v=v3yA0xXXVCw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are you talking about moron.

The 90's was the peak of music diversity.
Grunge, pop punk, black metal, thrash metal, gangsta rap, bubble gum pop, neo soul, industrial, IDM, electronica, ska, trance, happy hardcore, drum and bass, britpop, nu metal, trip hop, new jack swing, g-funk, pop punk, that 90's singer song writer girl pop Alanis Morissette, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple shit, boy bands, girl bands, big beat, post britpop, post grunge.

HOLY SHIT CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE LIVING THROUGH THOSE TIMES AND HAVING TO BE ALIVE IN THIS SHIT ERA WHEN THE ONLY MUSIC IS POP AND POP RP

FUCKKKKK ITS FUCKING MADDENING

retard

Tori Amos put out a new album yesterday

remember in the late 90's when people were all like "i guess we'll have a swing music revival now"

I think this sometimes. Then I remember how lucky I am to live in a time where all this music has already been made and it's more readily available to me now than ever. Also, a lot of those great artists are still around and still making music but the majority of them have already released their best work.

The 90's were the peak of musical diversity, there was something for everyone, everyone was happy. This isnt even le wrong generation. I was there. Young people dont even know how good it could be.

>Grunge, pop punk, black metal, thrash metal, gangsta rap, bubble gum pop, neo soul, industrial, IDM, electronica, ska, trance, happy hardcore, drum and bass, britpop, nu metal, trip hop, new jack swing, g-funk, pop punk, that 90's singer song writer girl pop Alanis Morissette, Tori Amos, Fiona Apple shit, boy bands, girl bands, big beat, post britpop, post grunge.

most of them are not even real music. boy band? oh great. trip hop or nu metal? yeah breathtaking. pop punk? best music ever. idiot. go edit your rym profile now

back when you rented movies, back when you bought music from a store, back when there were no smart phones, back when there was no texting, back when nickeldeon still showed cartoons and not teen girl sitcoms, back when video games were a niche teen boy hobby not ruined by feminists, Back when you had to wait a week for the next episode to come on tv.

So much has changed

people dont take risks anymore, its why music is so bland, been whittled down to just pop and pop rap. The 90's was an era where kurt cobain, trent reznor, thom yorke, tupac, biggy, snoop dogg , marylin manson, aphex twin, and the back street boys all exist at the same time
Oh what do we get in the teens, 10000 sound cloud rapper clones, taylor swift, and despacito
MUSIC

You fuckers know there is a god damn reason why people feel they were born in le wrong generation!!!!!

>8/10 excellent bait

I say this with complete non irony and non trolling. Music from the 90's was higher quality and had better variety.

you're a surface area kind of guy, OP

>tfw even the 90's one hit wonders were better

youtube.com/watch?v=NI6aOFI7hms

I wanna go back, guys. Take me away from this place

Few images make me want to laugh and cry simultaneously this much

>not liking the only good decade of rap

epin

>muh clever nursery rhymes over cool beats

it's ok gramps

You missed the point, jackass.

90s is the absolute best era for dance/club music and i dont mean that IDM shite

hey, psst

you can listen to old music in 2017 too

I liked it better in the 90's when normies didnt like electronic music and called every electronic song techno.

Dude, how do you need an answer to this? The 90s were the nightmare decade. Nothing knew what it wanted to be in the 90s. Grunge rockers thought of themselves as punk at that time, to put it in perspective. If you grew up in the 90s, the theme from "Full House" is your goddamned theme song, and sonic the hedgehog is your spirit animal, whether you like it, or not. I hated being alive in the 90s. Pop culture at that time had me convinced that life was crazy and awful, but with foam-padding on the corners.

t. someone born in the second week of 1990.

>muh solution is to accept that modern music is garbage and listen to old music

God, fucking kill yourself

WHY, WHY CANT MODERN MUSIC BE GOOD TOO AND RICH IN VARIETY, FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

>normies
damn youre an insufferable cunt

>im such a le 90's kid
>born in 1990
>i was 8 when the 90's ended lel

Americans still do...silly americans.

No, americans have turned electronic music into the abomination known as EDM

>Missed the part about how I hated the 90s.
You don't understand the "le 90s kid" meme, do you?

If you're saying you were in your teens in the 90s, though, my condolences

I miss when rap stations played rap instead of R&B

I miss when rock stations played metal at night instead of selling out to christian "contemporary music"

I miss when 70s/80s radio stations played classic rock, synthpop, disco and new wave instead of just modern pop

I miss when NPR played classical instead of endless talk shows

I miss when jobs didn't regulate what music was played instead of mandatorily piping in a slowly updated top 40 playlist from corporate that plays on endless repeat

Which they insist is techno.

t. someone with american friends

>blaming americans
Damn I guess we're responsible for Eurodance, Italodisco and Eurobeat too huh

Oh shut it you cretin.

>Listing Fugazi and Brainiac but ignoring Unwound's GOAT 93-96 streak
You know this is an 18+ board, right?

>NIN
>Massive Attack
>Sonic Youth

More than enough for me

And others thought the 90s were ultra-futuristic with their electronic music and Designers Republic aesthetics, others thought it was an extension of the 80s with commercials featuring 80s stock music and whatnot, others thought it was the end of history as we knew it with plenty of japanese OVA having apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic themes plus movies like Fight Club and The Thirteenth Floor and Hackers and The Matrix and whatnot.

As if the whole decade had actual variety. Crazy huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=v3yA0xXXVCw

You can still rent movies, you can still buy music from a store, you can lead a simpler life by not constantly having your phone on, you can emphasize spending more time with loved ones, I can't really defend modern nickelodeon, video games are still fun as fuck & you can ignore all the feminist bullshit, you can still wait for weekly episodes.

These things you say are gone still exist.
But yeah I can't really vouch for Nick. Shit sucks now, senpai.

eurodance and all that shit is actually meme tier in europe now, only 90's normies like that

>back when video games were a niche teen boy hobby not ruined by feminists
I've literally never heard someone irl complain about feminists ruining videogames it's all in your fucking head

back when we had geocities instead of tumblr and facebook and bbses were the bastions of meme culture instead of imageboards and twitter

Unironically mobile posting. Sad!