ITT: The resurrection of Empires

In this thread post pictures of empires or empires that have existed in the past and why or why not you would want to see this empire again. What was great about the empire? Does it deserve to come back? etc.

For me, the Greek (Hellenic) Empire. This empire spread Greek ideals of philosophy and culture across the world and is one of the founding pillars of western civilization. I wouldn't mind seeing it come back at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless self-bump with manifest destiny

Another bump. Carolus Rex.

One more bump

P-pls... r-re-respond...

You can't bump your own threads, man

Sad... Like a dog licking it's balls

>this whole thread
kind of pathetic desu

On topic, the British Empire should come back. You yanks put us on the path to decline

One day you will make a popular thread :)

WE

What if he offs himself?

WUZ

bump

3 greeks here great

It's not an Empire but I want the Mycenaean and Minoan greek civilizations to come back. They were very advanced with some systems on par or above the egyptians, they created some of the first organized cities and had some really good organization. If they could have kept going I think even more amazing empires would have been birthed.

UMAYYAD EMPIRE WHEN?

WHO READY FOR AL ANDALUS

KANGZZZZ N SHIET

You smell newfag from miles
Stop acting like a dumb puppy and lurk some more before posting

Αλλιώς;

ΜΗΝ ΑΝΤΙΜΙΛΑΣ REEEEEEE

αλλιώς τι ρε φίλε
αkούς εkεί νιουφαγk εγώ που είμαι εδώ 1.5 χρόνια

Manifest Destiny was a mistake

>Jefferson was right

That empire existed for ~10 years. And your map should also show the Greek states and colonies and polises of the western med. and black sea if you want to discuss culture.

Minoans weren't Greek in all likelihood. Too much continuity on the island and religious practices that aren't seen anywhere in Greek history (mycenaean or antiquity). But we don't know for sure.

Where did everything go so wrong?

They left so much to Greeks that they might as well have been Greek. The palatial system, some of the pantheon, the linear and hieroglyphic writing on which the Mycenaean all based themselves off. And much more.

malta,sealion,blau,typhoon......

Minoan language definitely wasn't Greek. Some say Minoans were the infamous "Sea People", but it seems more likely that they assimilated with the Myceneans, much like the Etruscans and the Romans. Certain elements were certainly kept from Minoans, like _some_ religious practices and Linear B. I also remember reading a recent study that claimed Cretans are the closest living group to the Minoans.

Speaking of the Etruscans, it is theorised they were related to the Minoans linguistically and genetically.

:3

Soon(tm).

it was a good empire, a happy one with the kosakos and everything

>1600
i am pretty sure czechs are here for some more time buddy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

GET OUT MUSTAFA

Delet this.

None of that makes them honorary Greeks. And the mycenaeans probably didn't invent linear b it seems likely it was devised by Minoans for the mycenaeans.

Also, the Greek pantheon is a cluster fuck and apart from rhea and europa there are no fixed Cretan deities. Apollo and Artemis may have been worshipped on Crete but Apollo was also luwian and his origin is disputed.

hahahaha our good old sex slave gayreek. say hello to your master

u ok?

>Clan Dulo originates from Attila.

Gtfo, Turk

There's a lot more in common than than. Demeter might have been from minoans too. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demeter

The main problem IHMO is that we can't read Linear A and the Cretan Hieroglyphic, well even with that we'd lack documents, but surely we'd find how much in common these civilizations have.

They even lived together in Crete for a while, and the Minoans had a lot of the relationships with their neighbors -- including the continent. Surely that had to have had a huge impact. We're talking about a world where this was close to the only contact they could have since information traveled rather slowly.

>all this retardation
>see flag
Makes sense.

Minoan could have been anything and it's likely hieroglyphs and linear a weren't even the same language.

Minoans were cretans... At no point was the island repopulated so why wouldn't the genetics match?

And yes the Minoans were obviously assimilated to a degree.

There no connection between etruscan and Minoan, if you say there is no Greek connection. I haven't seen any articles about an etruscan translation. At least some words exist in both Greek and linear a like toponyms and theonyms. There have been no cognates suggested with etruscan....

Hello fellow kebab, what do you think of the Armenian Genocide that your folks are responsible for?
Pls respond.

Sure there was contact, but contact doesn't retroactively make them Greek.

I think the popular theory now is that hieroglyphs were luwian or related to it. They're younger than linear a so could represent some form of trade, but the hittites don't mention Minoans or Crete so. Who knows.

Don't blame us, ffs. Why did you keep fighting the Germans? Anyway, I'm all for a joint-anglo recolonization effort.

Minoans were levantic, we had similar language and alphabet even though they are both considered language isolates

Look up the proposed Aegean language family.

Quite a random and baseless attack. I guess you have some bias and I somehow have to pay for it? Can't imagine what you may have thought of as retarded in my post.

There's been no concrete connection between any Cretan language and the Cypriot language.

And even the Cypriot language is not securely fixed because of a dirth of evidence.

Minoans were genetically European. Though it's a very popular theory, so it's possible, you're right.

>genetically european
what does that even mean?

lmaoing at your puny """empires"""

armed armenian nationalists backed by russia started to kill turks in eastern turkey because ottoman army was going to fight in ww1 fronts. their goal was to cleanse turks to create great historical armenia inside our lands. however russia left them, ottoman army was still powerful enough to stop armenians. we massively killed their fighters and send rest of the armenian population to syria and lebanon. then they went to either america (this is why today there are millions of armenians in the usa) or europe or armenia.

armenian population in armenia and in the usa strongly increased during and after the so called genocide :)

>Ottomans
>Controlling all of the Balkans up to Venice and a significant portion of the HRE in 1405

kek

Go back to your timeline, plz.

Aegean language theory... Which supposes a Minoan root to 4 poorly understood or attested languages, when Minoan itself is untranslated.

>Binlan posts about Mongols.
>Conspicuously doesn't shade Binlan

wat

>a pillaging group of raiders
>claiming every place they raided is part of their """empire"""
Lmao. Then look at this empire.

this is the accurate map of timurid empire you idiot. I posted accurate ottoman map above. go and search your own.

"""swedish viking empire"""
more like danish LMAO

The greatest empire in history.

The ultimate redpill about Nazi Germany is that there's no way they would have been able to maintain control over all that territory even if they'd defeated the Russians.

>Swedish
>Viking
>Having all of Scotland

Lmao okay cucksven.

They didn't plan to permanently occupy all that though. They just wanted some parts of eastern Europe.

mongol and russian empire both controlled less populated non significiant lands.

I did say theorised. Not the same verb as "proven". Incidentally, there are recovered texts of both Minoan and Etruscan, so regardless of translation, it would be possible to make comparisons. Considering that Lemnean is an extremely likely candidate for the more trustworthy Tyrsenian, the Minoan (and Eteocypriot) connection seem absolutely feasible for a geographical standpoint.

Why did king Sigismund and his Swedish brothers have to ruin everything?

MUH IMPERIALISM

Persian Empire.

God tier administration and Zoroastrianism would've kept away Islam.

LE PREMIER EMPIRE FRANÇAIS !
THE THIRD ONE IS NEAR

Dam id love this. I always go up to visit Vancouver Island. It would be nice to go up there and still be in the land of the free.