How long guitar practice does it take to be as good as buckethead

How long guitar practice does it take to be as good as buckethead

at least a few hours i'd say. couple of days at most

Some guys are just born with it and they play like pros after a couple of months. Some other guys can get that good after 3 - 10 years of dedicated practice. Most of us will just never see that level.

going to see him in 4 days!

adderal

Why is this though

who?

learn the fundamentals, then derive your own style from that. don't try to play like anybody in particular. there already is a buckethead.

Underage/retard banned

A 6'6 foot legend who was inspired by Shawn Lane.

There will never be another as great as Buckethead nor will they have a decent taste in their playing.

I like this

Hot him but learn to quote my dude

Meh. 8 hours a day maybe for a few years.

You mean there will never be another as great as Shawn Lane. Lane makes Bucket look like poop.

buckethead is just shreddy memery

john mclaughlin is a real guitarist

5 hours every one single day for one day during 1 week.

Buckethead doesn't actually play anything complex most of the time. He does have some great jazz and some pretty crazy songs. His ability to create great music is his off the wall composing skills. The scale pattern he uses for his standard solos is pretty simple. He just plays extremely fast. You can either play that fast or you can't. Some people just have extraordinary nervous systems

A lot. Don't bother, you're not in high school anymore and no one gives a shit if you can play the guitar.

If you really wanted to be good you wouldn't be asking this, you'd be playing for the love of it.

Darryl Dimebag ends all.

Serious answer here from profesional teacher:

if you are starting after your 15 or 18 years, then it will take around 5 hours a day a minimun of 2 years. You could "emulate" what he is doing very fast, around 6 months in... but only if you have good methid. I sugest you learn the scales patterns "visually" that will give you a nice BOOST of confidence, but always know that you wont get far if you dont memorize all the charts, notes, scales intervals, intervals, where notes are in the music sheet, how build chords and scales, how to use modes, combine them etc

Again, the best place to start is to memorize all the scale patterns "visually" dont give a FUCK about "roots" "thids" "diminshed" fuck all of that, jsut learn the paths your finguers have to cross.

GL HF.

>
>Darryl Dimebag ends all.
Holy fuck did I just do that? Haha

if you want to be good, consciously practice a minimum of 30 minutes a day, ideally more, dont multitask while practicing, when I was at my best, i would practice at least 10 hours a week, usually more, dont play that much anymore though, still decent, but if you dont use it, you lose it

who is bucket head and why does he look like an idiot?

also, i should add, it takes years to become good, i didnt start feeling like i was "good" at guitar until about 4 years in

same teacher in here, i disagree... 30 minutes is way short of a time per day, there should be at least one day a week you dont play guitar, so your brain "closes" cycles... even 2 days a week not playing is GOOD. bbut 30 minutes is not a session.

I have always told that 5 hours, with rests and what not, is the LEAST.

The objective is to create a "phisical addiction & necesity" carved into your brain cells... 30 minutes will teach you to have 0 resistence and the adiction will be more of a "masturbatoiy illusion" if you will.

So yes, training 5 hours a day seems much, but hoenstly after the first 3 days you start seeing those 5 hours like nothing... you need metho tho... honestly i havent seen nowbody in my life capeable of filling those 5 hours on their own, one mut know what to do, for how long, Filling 5 hours is not easy, but less than 5 hours is just MASTURBATION.

IF YOU WANT TO BE GOOD AT GUITAR LIKE ME (I AM A GOD) DONT MASTURBATE OVER YOUR HOURS, GO FOR PAIN AND GLORY FUCK YOUR GUITAR ALL NIGHT LONG NOT JSUT ยท= MINUTES FUCK THAT.

There are a lot of people that play like Buckethead, at least 7 that I know of. Ever wonder why he wears a mask and bucket? There is no 1 Buckethead. Its a group of guys, around the same height and build, all play equally skilled.

buckethead sux

No amount of practice will get someone that good.

35 mins if you're dedicated enough

With no talent? 24/7 for 10 years. With talent? Idk i have none

realism>idealism
no one other than professional musicians play that much and most of them have to spend time at a day job and cant even play that much

hey guys, you like notes? i can play, like, all of them. check this out: weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weedly weeeeeeeee weeeeeee weeeee weeeeee widdle widdle widdle

nowbody will EVER be a good guitar player if it practice less than 5 hours a day, i have seen it with my eyes, i am a profesor of Music for over 30 years now, and i can tell you for a FACT that anyone that cuts under 5 hours will never be good.

now to be "realistic" about it, is not like those 5 hours are done 100% at the same tiem, there are rests, you cna play slow, play over music you like, if you are 100% new you do those 5 hours just trying to not hurt yourself doing some basic chrod.

but trust me 5 hours is the LINBE between someone that wants to be good, and someone mediocre. and i mean 5 hous 5 days a week at least 2 years to be GOOD.

holy shit you can smell the newfag on this post

he is right, Buckethead might not be the very ebst guitar player outhere but still, he is preatty good for just 30 minutes a day LOL

Because practicing doesn't equal to better...more like permanent. You could be practicing the wrong way and never correct what you're doing wrong.

I kind of disagree, arguably you need to have very much a reason to do anything in life.

You cant just grab a math book right now and exect to become a math profesor if you keep reading it for the next weeks... the truth is that our brain needs real life connections of all sort, to make us think that wathever time we try new stuff are worth the try.

So to play guitar, the very first step is to actaully not be a losert... sounds dumb, but if you are trying to learn guitar because everybody at your school does the same, you might be on the wrong road.

I have noticed over the years that people that are "good" at guitar and learn amazing things in over a few months they are good at other thigns in life...

no loser will ever be good at anything.

Buckethead meh..

Underrated guitarist-
Steve Stevens
Alex Lifeson
Gary Richrath

this

im so impressed, a music professor, how does it feel knowing most of your students get a grad degree to serve coffee and that most of the popular musicians today have no music degree?

it fells awesome for them and me XD coffee and music goes on the same package indeed XD

At the end whoever studies music to get a millonaire fails for a lot of reasons...

This what you talk is a serious deal, from the very start when i gave classes at Berkeley for instance, the first single course i say this very clear "Studying music is like being a guerilla soldier, you will die like a revolutionary against what is stablished in life, or you will die either waytrying or wining by being happy inside. dead people dont do music, and they dont count money either"