V
E
G
A
N

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AfBhanzng0w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Omnivorous is a thing for a reason, you know.
I agree we shouldn't be dicks about it to those we eat, but there aren't any long term, multi-generational studies on what happens to an omnivorous species trying to make itself exclusively herbivorous.

There are third generation vegans.
Vegans live 8-10 years longer on average.
Exactly, we are omnivores, look up the definition of omnivore. We have the ability to sustain simply on plants.

youtu.be/AfBhanzng0w

>We have the ability to sustain simply on plants.
Not indefinitely, though. It's a survival mechanism. The digestive systems of herbivores work differently to that of omnivores. We need certain nutrients from meat. There are a fuckton of non-food products we can do without, sure, and some food products being made using animals that we could also do without; but we occasionally need meat.
And 3 generations isn't really near enough; evolution takes a long time, and the positive changes coming from it are in response to negatives.

I know this thread is bait, but attacking not-vegan people isn't good for either vegans or non-vegan.
I personally wouldn't want to stop eating meat, but Ilke to buy brand that fight against animal abuse, like eggs whose chickens are not being fatten up like crazy

Name one nutrient you get from meat that you can't get from plants other than B12.

I'll wait.

99.9% of chickens are killed in factory farms. Free range eggs is essentially a myth. You can make your own hen house for under $20.

Aside from b12; creatine, carnosine, d3, DHA, hemeiron, & taurine.

Unironicaly go vegan. I've been for 2.5 years, go to the gym and all that and feel great.

How did he say anything relating to evolution?

Vegans have less deficiencies in average and are healthier. Meat has zero health benefits. Zero.
How argument was vegans are healthy and proven to be healthier.

He didn't; but you can't successfully go from being an omnivore to an herbivore without the body evolving to no longer need the nutrients it could only get from meats. Something is going to be lost; and there will be undesireable changes in the interim.

Hell, some of these
are related to brain function; and may be part of why we're intelligent in the first place.

Taurine is not an essential nutrient
Creatine is not essential in a diet
Carnosine is not essential in a diet
Vitamin D can be received without meat, kek
The human body can create its own cholesterol
Iron is found in plants.

It seems you have no idea what you're talking about. Please stop posting here.

The only essential nutrient you can't get from plants is B12.

>essential
>there's absolutely no reason we are omnivores

>Creatine is a bioactive compound that is lacking in vegetarian diets. It plays an important role in brain and muscle function.
>Carnosine is a nutrient only found in animal foods. It is important for muscle function.
>Cholecalciferol (D3) is a type of vitamin D found in animal foods, especially fatty fish. It is much more effective than the plant form of vitamin D, ergocalciferol (D2).
>Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is an essential omega-3 fatty acid found in fatty fish and fish oil.
>Meat, especially red meat, contains a type of iron called heme-iron, which is much better absorbed than non-heme iron from plant foods.
>Taurine is a sulfur compound that has many important functions in the body. It is only found in animal foods.

There are some currently known replacements for some of these, such as microalgae, but the infrastructure to farm that en masse currently does not exist.
While I find it inspiring that you all are willing to be guinea pigs for the process of evolving from omnivores to herbivores, I shan't be joining.

Not only that, but veganism is expensive as fuck compared to an omnivorous diet; an it's completely unrealistic to expect any kind of mass movement towards it until the costs can be mitigated.
You want to do something; invest in vegan foodservice infrastructure.

Plants are hundreds of times cheaper. Have you ever been to a grocery store?

Your write-up is wrong but I'm on mobile and don't care to refute it. I'm sure someone will later.

>Have you ever been to a grocery store?
I've had about enough of your attitude, for real. Every fucking adult has been in a fucking grocery store. I see nobility in your cause & tried to debate the topic with you like an adult.
FFS this kind of shit is why vegans are considered to be insufferable. Maybe the lack of one or more of those "nonessential" nutrients is what causes this type of doucheism.

You're talking about veganism, not straight vegetarianism. It's considerably more expensive to be vegan than vegetarian.

This picture has the labels for tomato and lettuce swapped

fucking triggered

OP is right. I try to eat less, but I think we are wired to eat meat. Some evolutionary biologist have speculated that it allowed our brains to get much larger and our digestive tracks a lot shorter. There is also quite some evidence that vegas are rather unhealthy, but then there is the issue of correlation vs causation ... Im waiting for laboratory meat... I think its the only way... I the chinese are going to all eat meat the planet will not hold it. Thinking we will be come vegan is wishful thinking.

snowflake got his feelings huwt

Vitamin b12

Taurine is nonessential. All of the listen nutrients are.

Meat is twenty to fifty times more expensive than rice, beans, corn, etc
Veggies are always cheaper.
Meatcuck mentality detected.

Exactly the kind of response I was expecting, tbh.
Good luck converting anyone with entitled condescension; I'm sure the animals you're supposedly doing this for wouldn't roll their eyes at you if they could; right before getting slaughtered. Or are you only doing this to feel superior to others?

Kek
he googled "things you can't get from meat" and marked them as essential

what a moron

not even vegan

learn you nutrition kid

All you Americans are fucked up, you still behave like your in debating club in high school, the search for the truth is not the main consideration. That is the more fundamental problem.

Is baby offended? Go back to Tumblr.

Nobody is here to hold your hand with nutrition and your seemingly endless lack of knowledge.

I just enjoy meat and don't really need to change my lifestyle. It suits me and I'm healthy enough