String of choice? I don't really have one but I do like these

String of choice? I don't really have one but I do like these.

D'Addario 13's

D'Addario, but only because I can buy 10 packs for cheap.

I usually get Elixirs, they last long, have a decent tone, and don't feel like they're coated

EXTRA THICC, but what variety? Just the regular nickel plated steel?
Really? If money wasn't an issue, would you use a different brand?
Yeah, they're generally regarded as the best coated string in the world. Cleartones are also said to be really good coated strings.

>Really? If money wasn't an issue, would you use a different brand?

Probably not. D'Addarios have given me no reason to want something else. If money was no issue I'd like to try Elixers though since I have disgusting sweat issues.

Yeah usually. Nothing too fancy just whatever gets the job done

Interesting. As soon as I learned how to change strings I started trying out all kinds of brands, but D'Addarios are pretty reliable and you can't go wrong with them, which is probably why they're the standard on most guitars out of the factory.

I see. I guess I'm the same way except I stay away from anything pure nickel because they're supposed to be really warm and I like a bright sound.

I've been around the block. I've used Ernie Ball, GHS, Dean Markley, Dunlop, Gibson and pretty much every other brand out there.

Conclusion I came too: Meh. As long I can have light top/reg bottoms I don't care about the brand.

I really love flatwounds for playing slide. You have almost zero friction and it almost completely eliminates string noise

Yeah I bet they sound smooth as fuck. Like butter.

Elixir Optiweb Light-Heavy.

Obtiweb? Never heard of that. Is it a more recent type they've released?

They do. The mellow tone really compliments the kind of articulations that you get with slide playing.
Clean tone with a compressor and wah, you got yourself some tasty leads friend

Yep. Thinnest coating available at the moment. Feels and sounds pretty close to normal strings but still benefits from the coating.

OP here. How about picks? I've tried lots of different kinds but I will absolutely not use anything but pic related.

Only use jazz iii extra grips desu

Wegen GP 250

I've heard good things about the jazz picks but they're one of the few I haven't tried yet. Those things are expensive.

Don't eat them and the price is more than reasonable.

Obscure choice. I've never heard of that brand before.

Obscure brands are pretty much the only choice, if you want a big pick and don't like the Big Stubby. I used to play with Jazz III picks but they started to feel too small.

DR Pure Blues 11s
Dunlop Jazz III Max-Grips

These are pretty good. I put these on my ESP and they give a nice fresh, crisp sound.

I like DRs acoustic strings, I never use coated strings because they sound dull and feel like your fretboard is coated in Vaseline.

I use their 11s on electric.

The Max grip jazz iiis are fucking amazing. They're made of carbon fiber so they never dull.

This but sharp for acoustic guitar, though I use my fingers 90% of the time on acoustic and only strum with a pick on studio takes.

FKR 16-78

>They're made of carbon fiber so they never dull
THey have them in all 3 varieties. THe red, black and carbon fiber. I have some of all 3.

I like the tone of nylon picks but they wear through pretty fast, the carbon ones are sharp and glassy sounding, which sucks on acoustic, but you get used to playing lighter on electric.

>I never use coated strings
If that was in reference the strings OP posted, treated is different from coated. They don't feel like coated strings.

Sorry I didn't really notice, then again I've accidentally bought coated strings a few times and had to return them.

Damn, you gotta pay more attention. There are so many varieties of guitar string you can never check the package too many times to make sure you know what you're getting, and the word usage (treated vs. coated) can make all the difference.

I want to try chromes or pure nickel, something different for a change, though I tend to buy strings once every few months.