10/10 video games

10/10 video games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BezU3yyii-I
youtube.com/watch?v=ArRGec2FvN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck yeah OP

I played the shit out of this as a lad. Thought it was all a fever dream. I wonder if its aged well

Probably the first game I played as a kid, aside from the ones that came with 3.1. DOS Commander Keen

obvious answer

had a lot of fun with this. great indie title

Why didn't Mystical Ninja go on to become a popular series? It seemed to have the elements to comprise one, and new games in the late '90s and early 2000s were getting sequels if they were particularly good. Did the game not fare well, critically, or in sales?

Very obvious answer, yet extremely compelling. In 1998, through 2000, sometimes 2001, I played it. I also played Majora's Mask in 2000-2001, which I would say is about equally as good, although it seems like the fans are divided pretty much over it.

great adventure was better than mystical ninja by a full tier.

this

Kys

C'mon son

My childhood.

So many repetitive hours spent on this game.
Honestly it's pretty horrible compared to the other HM games, day was absurdly short.

never played it
was my first game too beside prince of persia
prefer a link to past and links awakening
awesome
not awesome
wtf, why
not my type of game
first was better
what a waste of time 0/10
love the doom series

>Stardew Valley

>me an hour into this game
"Okay I guess this is kind of cool? Seems like Zelda Skyrim. Guess I'll continue on for now."
>me five hours into this game
"Holy shit this is my favorite Zelda game outside of Majora's Mask / Link to the Past and is easily contending with both."

metroid prime not awesome? you smockin something?

0/10

12 yo ban

this one is better.

game reallly opens up after a couple of hours. basically after Hateno Lab it's about as open as they come. love it

box art has come a long way

>wtf, why
Because I spent hundreds of hours playing multiplayer on LAN with friends back in the day before Xbox live was a thing. Shit was fun.

My nigga

Same here. I also loved the way they managed to make it feel like an entirely new game, yet at the same time, it feels like the same old Zelda. They totally changed it, yet kept it the same somehow.

sorry but the 3D games of metroid did not hook me
second was way better

mah fuggin nigguh.

kh2 was better tho

Fuck you harvest moon 64 is the best gane ever made

even my dad played this a lot

I liked the first Metroid Prime, though it seemed to get a little tedious toward the end, especially if you're going for 100%. Prime 2 was a much better and vastly underrated game, in my opinion.

So much fun with this one..

OP here, thought about posting this
Youre wrong about that, friend

Probably had the strongest narrative in the series -- which isn't saying much, but at least it wasn't so ungodly convoluted.

youtube.com/watch?v=BezU3yyii-I

Mega Man prolly would have sold a hell of a lot more copies if it had decent box art. I swear I avoided that game because the artwork on it was sooooo shitty. A buddy of mine loaned it to me like "yo, it's actually a good game, try it!" and I loved it.

The first 3 Mega Man games were better than anything that came after.

why do you think kh1 was better?

yeah I'm with you on 100%. just playing through the game blows me away with the atmosphere though. holds up well today

Moniqua

hurr durr isssa bad game b/c i don't appreciate the shooter genre

>halo redefined the console shooter genre with amazing ai, stunning visuals for its time, and innovative multiplayer gameplay. if you disagree with objective points then go fock yourself alternative fact loving cunt

Basically. The magic was just gone after 3.

you forgot about mm7 and mmx?

>games for windows
>kek

Oh look! Its the autistic opinion faggot again! Thanks for showing me that your still alive! Sometimes I wonder if you kill yourself. Hopefully see you again sometime, it gets better.

And by getting better, i mean life. But probably not yours.

Factorio

Memories, i guess. It was the perfect game, totally unexpected and i had so much anticipation for the second but it tried too hard to change a system that wasnt broken. Also, the levels, youre basically playing the game twice over. It just didnt have the same unbelievable magic from the first, although there were some great moments.

cheap post b/c too easy

Rust

honestly halo is a fucking great game. the series is complete shit now, but the first 3 were amazing.

Exactly. By the time they got to 6, it was like they weren't even trying anymore. 9 and 10 were okay, but still pale in comparison to 1-3

Dude it won't even run at am appreciable frame rate throughout most of the game.

>he can't greentext

nostalgia goggles. even with those 10/10 is ridiculous

After 3 it feels lile the land before time series. Destiny 1 & 2 have that old school halo feeling, least for me it does

That game was pure crack
youtube.com/watch?v=ArRGec2FvN8

i still think kh2's combat is less clunky than kh1's but kh1's still fucking amazing and right behind kh2 as the greatest game of all time for me

Who remembers Quake?

God goldberg was the best, hulk was overrated, nash was underrated

You have excellent taste, i cant take that away from you

KH 2 is "better" in the sense that the combat in the game has more "open" battle arenas. This allowed for faster movement and more flashy battles where Sora and Co. can fly all over the place. It also removed heal spamming which forced the player to be more tactical about healing and forced the player to be more focused on fighting as opposed to switching gears in a bind and finding a semi-safe spot to heal, but all of this is more of an action RPG preference as opposed to sincerely being "better."

The reason why KH1 is probably better is because it technically didn't have time to put it's foot in it's mouth in terms of narrative. KH heavily establishes a "good vs. evil" theme. If you do that fighting "neutrals" or "nobodies" has to be done particularly well else it kind of falls flat. Like could you imagine if in Micheal Corleone's arc to become the Godfather he didn't have to take out nastier pieces of work than his father, he had to take out people neutrally aligned? Part of the reason that's kind of hard to imagine is because it already starts to sort of fall flat.
KH1's strength was that it was a simple story -- a boy and his friend's wish to explore new places and Sora's wish to find his friends. That's a very solid desire line. Organization 13 get's half it's members rubbed out before you even get to the 2nd game which renders takes away some of their teeth. If their goal is for you to release as many hearts taken by heartless, why are they and any nobodies up in your grills at all? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The whole prologue with Roxas and Namine ties in CoM, sure, but at the cost of a stronger and more simple narrative.
Nobodies are designed kind of neatly, but their tie in is anything but.

The best

kek. i never posted anything like this before

In the middle of playing it right now with the Master Sword quest. One of my favorite parts is they don't sugar coat Ganon at all. He fucking wrecked the entire region and only Zelda is keeping him from destroying everything. Like the Divine Beasts as well, They are ominous watching them from afar.

>the series is complete shit now
ODST and Reach were both kind of boring to me, but I actually liked Halo 4. 5 wasn't so good, either, mainly because in every mission, you have AI companions with you, and it kind of takes away from that sense of being all alone against near impossible odds, yet managing to survive anyway that made the first game so good. They've ruined the atmosphere of the games with that shit.

Tribes and, especially, Tribes 2 pioneered the multiplayer gameplay found in Halo. Tribes2 was infinitely more of a tactical game.

As a single player game, Halo all day, but online as a multiplayer game Tribes and Tribes2 were hands down better.

i liked 4 as well, but it was easier to type than "the series is complete shit now expect 4 wasn't bad." than again i just typed it out now so i guess i'm just fucking retarded.

The only thing negative I can say about the game is that they should have had more than 4 dungeons, but all the different shrines, and just the sheer amount of world there is to explore kind of makes up for it. I've easily got 200 hours in the game, and I'm still discovering new shit every now and then. And the DLC is even good. The master sword trials were hard as fuck, but not frustratingly hard.

This.

Oh shiiiit. I was just thinking about this game for the first time in years today

A little monotonous at times, but it used to be a yearly ritual in which I'd take one day off and beat the whole game.

IMO the greatest game of all time.

Pretty much. Disappointing with the lack of dungeons compared to regular Zelda games, but god damn did they make up for it with the sheer amount of content in the entire world.

Lol is this that Star Wars RTS? I never fully got into it and played shit games of it, but despite that it was still kinda fun.

pretty sure thats age of empires...

was great until CoD 1+2 upped the ante. Yeah, before CoD was the same shit over and over w/child infested multiplayer

No sega dreamcast love in here?
>kill yourselves