Does anyone care to explain people's fascination...

Does anyone care to explain people's fascination, and glorification with (seemingly a lot on this board) the WW2 German Wehrmacht, & just Germany as a whole?

I MEANT DID THEY ACHIEVE A SINGLE DECISIVE TRIUMPH THROUGHOUT THE WAR?? besides surprise invasions of not yet mobilized countries?

The entire army was just inept, besides short burst of mechanized land warfare. The airforce was lacking, not being able to maintain any decisive air superiority throughout the war. The tank division was lacking, not enough tanks. Supply lines either through train or trucks proved inefficient. Naval forces were just laughable, with no possibility of any kind of full scale operations, ie lacking landing/transport vehicles. Production could not support the war effort from the start, shortages of food and oil were quickly apparent. I mean for fucks sake, the high command didn't bother to ask for COATS to bring on the Soviet campaign.

TL;DR
>airforce was not good enough
>navy was complete garbage
>couldn't produce enough supply for citizens or army
>couldn't deliver supplies
>this is the most fearsome army of europe

Don't even get me started with the completely imbecile invasion plans. >let's invade belgium and nederland
>you retard m8?
>could not even take french head on.
Fucking embarassment

>1.5 million people died in torture camps

even the roman empire fell ... but they once held glory

The Nazi held glory in the since of their ambition and ruthlessness ... they fing started a world war that really put a huge dent in the history books.

One I would say we are feeling today. They didnt come out on top , but they were a key peace to the puzzle.

And yea some victories, bombed the shit out of london i think and too france (kinda). So pretty cool , had some good air men from what I hear.

pertaining to....?

To be fair, they didn't expect the Soviet campaign to take that long. They invaded in the spring and thought they'd steamroll like they did in western Europe. Russians just kept falling back slowly and burning everything until the Nazis had no supplies left and winter arrived.

Also Nazi Germany diverting so much of their effort to the Eastern Front is what made it so easy for the Allies to re-take all the western territiry. If Hitler hadn't turned on Russia the end of the war would have been completely different.

You do realise that the french border was heavily fortified by the maginot line and everyone is oppsessed by the german because they belived in racial purity(what we need right now) and for what they had they pushed amazingly far. Wouldn't say airforce was lacking for a two front war, Soviet planes didn't get a chance to take off.

Nazi Germany would so great!!!

Except for the border between Belgium and France which was not heavily fortified because of protestations from Belgium. The German army simply took the same route as WWI (Schlieffen Plan) by exploiting the Bastard waffle eaters a second time.

you broke the record for retard of the year

Yea... The Roman Empire was around for multiple centuries. It's laughable to call the 3rd Reich an empire, effectively, barely lasted 6 years. It's not that they didn't come out on top. The Roman were a dominant force in Europe for Millennia, and the Empire itself for centuries. The reich never had dominance.

fucking nothing
check mao, stalin, etc highscores

>If Hitler hadn't turned on Russia the end of the war would have been completely different.
yeah assaulting russia was suicide, what a fucking moron. could've easily held europe and africa until his armies could fuck russia with japan
but the japs wouldn't listen and insisted on war with russia, which forced the nazis to join or lose their only formidable ally.
the rest is just history

It was Hitler's incredible retardation that doomed the Eastern front. Why do you idolize one of the worst military strategists of all time

You're right, if he didn't, it would have resulted with Soviet invasion and occupation of Germany. Soviet production MATCHED germans at the beginning of the war and completely blew them out of the fucking water through out. The Soviets produced almost 30,000 tanks by the end of the war

Couse hitler was right!

if they didn't violate their neutrality, Britain wouldn't most likely not have joined the war. No two war front, no humiliation at battle of london

Okay so here's the fact. It started with
People who would say things feminist and sjw's hated they would be called racist, nazi, bigot.
This happened so much that people started to think it was funny so they actually started thinking be a nazi was a cool thing.
Sooo it was a big joke nazi is a meme to the smarter people the autistic took it a step further and actually thought they were nazi.
I'm pretty sure someone can type it out in a more intelligent way than I did but that's pretty much the Geist.

The whole nazi thing was the anti feminist,sjw way of poking fun of being called a nazi.

Are you retarded? Britain and France declared war as soon as Poland was invaded

Jerry going through Belgium was part of the Frog's plans. It's literally what they wanted to Germans to do, hoping they'd be able to bog them down on a narrow front. The problem came from the fact that they didn't think any significant attacking force could make it through the Ardennes, and when they were proven wrong French High Command was so fucking incompetent that they didn't do anything to stop it. Ultimately the Maginot Line did exactly what it was supposed to do, as evidenced by the fact that the Krauts never made any real attempts to assault the fortifications and that they were still held by the French Army when Petain surrendered. The French Generals were just too slow and too stupid to properly react to an offensive that, while unexpected, their army was completely capable of dealing with.

>The Soviets produced almost 30,000 tanks by the end of the war

Underestimating a bit, are we? That's about half of what they produced in Medium Tanks alone.

point being soviet production easily matched german