>find job at walmart
>start me at 11.50 an hour for produce
>think its a sweet gig job is super easy
>suddenly after a week managers start saying mean shit
>then suddenly managers start saying mean shit
>find out they only give you 4 points for the first 6 months
>if 4 things happen in six months im fired no questions asked
>start living life in fear
>am I going to get sick today? will my car break down? will my kid get sick?
>they give me a point for a wrong colored shirt
>throw up all over myself at work because too afraid to miss work
>give me a point for getting sick an calling out
>go to doctors get doctors note take it back to work
>they absolutely refuse to take doctors notes whatsoever
>get two points in my first month, have 5 more months to go with 2 points
>ridiculous shifts 1pm - 12pm then next day 4am - 7pm
>cant keep up, cant sleep, barely eat.
>give up tell them to go fuck their selves not going to live in fear

Has anyone here worked at walmart? its an absolute fucking nightmare.

How the fuck does this corporation get away with shit? its like they want you to quit.

managers didnt like you

>>ridiculous shifts 1pm - 12pm then next day 4am - 7pm
Wtf... Is this even legal?
at least here in germany: nope.

Something should really be done about wall mart they should be forced to treat their employees better and give them benefits. Someone needs to send them a message one they will never forget.

I work for WalMart. That's not how the points system works. The points strictly determine your attendence, and cannot be added or taken away for disciplinary reasons. If your managers are doing that, you need to call Home Office.
You can check your points balance on the Wire, and next to it, there will be the date your points were added, and for what reason.

Well, they gave me points for getting sick and a fucking shirt.

One day a nice guy came in, I was suppose to train him, faggot ass manager stopped him, poked him in the chest about his WHITE shirt, and said " wrong color, thats a point "

This guy gets a point on his first day for a color shirt that is technically within the dress code.

Yup, but our unions want to rid us of this preposterous rule over our personal freedom. Get ready to work many shitty hours without compensation. I don't get paid for overtime and our team is too small to burn those hours :^)

I can see that.

Because I would always dress real nice, tuck my shirt in, wear khakis and keep an pen in my shirt.

You couldnt tell me apart from a manager, customers would come to me asking about certain things.

Manager told me to wear an apron so customers didnt get me confused with being a manager.

I told them " dress for the job you want right? "

And they got pissed.

Apparently Walmart management is like a secret club, like the faggot popular kids in high school that all walk in the same group.

Plus im rather good looking.

Oh wow, some people really can't deal with power, even this little.

>1pm-12pm
I believe they should have assigned you as a greeter instead of produce

Wallmart union control shill detected this is why something should be done and quickly when hey have union control shills on Sup Forums that just shows you their reach.

Well, Iv never worked in retail before, this was my first walmart job.

usually I work with carpenters and build houses and make friends while I work.

So while I was at walmart I guess I acted TOO casual with the managers.

They are used to the others cowering in fear under them.

meanwhile, I dress up like a manager, walk right up to them and just tell them what I need, and how I need to do it.

And the managers just look at me like " who's this asshole making us look bad? "

I called them the Walmart police, making a joke and they took it super seriously.

Post photo w/timestamp if ur so good looking

Don't wallmart will hunt you down and have you killed their depravity now no bounds.

Dont have a way to post a pic, im posting from my desktop.

Yeah I hear ya on that. Retail employers don't know how to take a confident adult. They feel threatened because they can't control you. In fact, I dictate to every boss I've had what my needs and expectations are and I make documented evidence of all encounters so as to have leverage when they would try to fuck me over. They want you to sign paperwork? Well birch you have to sign mine. I also refused to work weekends.

Wait what?

If you actually have carpentry skills i don't know what the fuck are you doing at Walmart.
Move to a larger city with old historic buildings and get on the remodelling business, more money there than on building new houses.

a lot of carpentry is seasonal.

Sometimes jobs dry up. I had just had a baby and needed something stable.

They offered 11.50 an hour so I said yes.

Illegal in Francistan too

Exactly.

They just sort of stare at me when I talk to them, almost like im having them do extra work.

I was talking to my associates the other day, and he said " they gunna get mad at you for dressing like that you should be careful "

I told him Im not scared of these people, its fucking walmart not a goddamn government job.

My manager told me the other day " Come February i'll have been here 29 years "

And I sort of chuckles and asked him " really? here at walmart? "

And he just stared at me.

11.50? I would never take a job for less than 15.00. You got to think the government going to take 25 to 30% of your check if you getting paid 11.50 that's the equivalent of getting paid fucking 8 bucks an hour.

>I would never take a job for less than $15 an hour

Well from this information I could conclude 2 types of possibilities.
1. Youre actually autistic and stupid and they hated you right off the bat, because youre like most of the Sup Forums.
2. If the information is correct, then do you know the termin overqualified?
I dont know what people actually think it is, but in reality it is a fear that the applicant may be able to take over the job of the current manager/employer, they will try to keep you down, so they wouldnt lose their job and get rid of "strong" or "smart" workers.
If you would be a manager and stupid as shit, this is your peak in life and you hire a guy who is smarter than you, what would you do? give him your job? I doubt that.
So just be good at the job itself, but not better, dont overdo anything, just do the job.
If you want to move up the career stairs without education then learn to get people fired and learn manipulating, if done everything correctly you can get these managers fired within months, the art of manipulation in career path is to use other people faults to your advantage.

just scan your face in a photocopier. Don't you have a cell phone? Email a photo to yourself.

Well Yeah, I've been in a higher pay bracket for years and I've had to tell management of different companies what I am worth. Shit, now as a nurse I'm making 50 an hour.

some of us have to pay rent and don't have a choice m8

>50 an hour

Bro, give it up.

I know you are a lonely gay man, but I dont have a webcam or a photo copier. stop trying so hard.

I get it believe me but look for higher paying gigs. Cable companies and such. 16.00 to start and benefits after 30 days with comcast to be a fucking cable installer. 90 days paid training. You can't beat it.

It's not a joke, I do IV infusion therapy and drive to peoples homes. It's really not all that unrealistic guy. I've had years of work in a hospital and now this is what I do. Is it so hard to believe?

I don't think Im over qualified, its fucking produce.

See a bad apple pick it up, need more bananas fucking put more banana's on the shelf.

Its just that im not cowering to them, and they dont like that.

They think being a walmart manager is a huge deal, and i guess im making them realize they arent shit.

Some of these guys are my age or younger.

>He can't even make it the 6 months without using 4 points
>He wears the wrong uniform
>He mistakes management asking him to do something as mean shit

Glad you aren't working at your store anymore bud, you probably did a piss-poor job.

as one user said, they cant control you.

You are not playing their game=danger
You might get them fired or take their place, usually workers dont need to have their own brains nor they shouldnt think, they should just work, modern slavery.
They are the slavers, they cant whip you, so they put you in unbearable work schedule and instead of killing you, get you fired/resign.

>50 an hour

How else are they supposed to weed out faggots like you?

I've got nothing to try and prove. You look up nursing salaries and you see for yourself.

They need you rested up so you are out in public enjoying your time off so your refugees can murder you.
# Religion Of Peace
#Refugees Welcome
#i can't own a gun but I can go to jail for racism for reporting a Muslim raping my daughter

Do you have kids faggot? 4 fucking things are going to happen in 6 months guaranteed.

Walmart is unforgiving in this way.

Did not wear the wrong uniform, just wore a nicer version of it, with good posture.

I think when some produce manager the same age as me says " shut up and stack those fucking banana's ", that qualifies as mean shit.

Stop being a retard.

Yep. Nurses can make that

They can't schedule you a 23 hour shift followed by a 15 hour shift. That's 100% illegal in america.

O.k. here's pic of my dog I got at least

sorry, I meant 1pm to midnight.

>A nicer version of it
Fuck did you wear then

>Shut up and stack those fucking banana's
Well you should have shut the fuck up to begin with, and stacked those bananas.

>Having kids
lol

And they do it all of the time. You see in most states we have what they call at will employment meaning that employers can fire at will with no reason other than they can say Fuck you. And employers couldn't give two fucks about federal labor laws they would rather take a small risk of litigation knowing that the average employee won't pursue it in court than actually follow the laws.

They also get to do 48 hour shifts...

They want to control their workers with an iron grip. They get the other workers that have their longer to bully the new workers. I did IT for all new walmart built around the East coast between 2009 to 2012. They are truly an evil company. Corporate knows about it too because when I told them about it they said they already knew but didn't have the time to deal with it.

Here's another thing, look up walmart EBT scam. It's 100% real. I had an office in corporate for their empire, I heard shit that drove me insane. I actually leaked a bunch of information in 2011 and was caught in 2012 and quickly fired.

That would be a purely emergency situation. But its actually resident doctors that are forced to work those shifts. But its true I have worked that type of shift in the past which is why I'm glad I don't work in the hospital anymore.

11 hour shifts are legal, but I'm pretty sure you get an hour lunch and a 30 minute break for every 4 hours worked. The breaks have to be paid. That's US law. So really it's a 9 hour shift but two hours of no work. Anything over 12 qualifies as overtime and they're legally required to pay you time and a half.

It's illegal, and only a handful of states are like that. Even if they fire you, you immediately turn around and go to the unemployment office. You'll be approved for unemployment because they can't say they fired you for not working illegal hours.

Also fun fact, if you're full time and your job cuts your hours through no fault of your own down to below 30 hours a week, you can file for unemployment and get 2/3rds your regular wage on top of what you're already working. I just did it myself, where I'm supposed to be a full 40 hrs/wk manager, but they cut my hours down to 28 a week because they over hired and we aren't busy, so the only way to avoid layoffs is to cut hours. I actually make $160 more dollars a week this way than I would if I were to work my regular $40/hr shift.

The dress code is, black pants or jeans/khakis with a green, black or white collared shirt.

So, I wore pressed khakis with a nice black shirt, the shirt was made of some material that made it kind of silky looking. I always had a pen stuck to my collar or buttons. The other associates to just wore dirty clothes and skulked around hiding from managers.

Maybe you don't mind if someone talks to you that way, but as a man I have self respect and integrity, nobody is going to treat me like a dog.

wait till you have kids, you will change your mind.

You must be young.

Partial unemployment is nice.

>you must be young

I'm not that user, but holy shit I hope you're just pretending to be this retarded. You're wearing business casual to stack fucking produce at what is, based on the dress code, a walmart neighborhood market store, you're acting like a cunt to your supervisors when they say how long they've worked at the store, and you're so fucked up about showing up to work consistently and on time like a normal human for 6 months that you're puking all over yourself. Either you're like 18 and just aren't old enough to know any better, or you're the sort of autist I wouldn't have wanted in my department when I was a walmart stooge either.

I worked at walmart for 2 and half years as customer service and money center. I hated it. The managers there were all these old bitter cunts. I mean seriously bitter and rotten to the bone. They all suffered from mental disorders too, bipolar being the most widespread of them. I just walked out on day, couldn't take it anymore. It was this one bitch in particular that pushed me over the edge though. She had just moved from apparel to being the front end manager. She started writing me up for every little fucking thing. So instead of blowing up on her I just walked out, wasn't worth it. I was homeless for a while after that, but I'm getting back on my feet and don't regret walking out.

You won't last long.

Unions won't do anything but enrich themselves and fuck over everyone else who works and isn't union

"Oh look! The union doubled our wages! Isn't that swell? Why are there so fewer employees around now? Whatever! At least I'm ok! Unions help protect the downtrodden workers!"

of course not, ill go back to building houses.

Anyone who is so determined to deal with 4 fucking points for 6 months is autisically determined to work for those fucko's

autisticly*

This is why ppl die for lack of healthcare

>how do corporations get away with things?

You been living under a rock?

Love that

All the employees at hospitals would rather be somewhere else

I'm sure ppl don't die because of this atmosphere

You're making $40/hr and you get welfare, that's great

I wonder why so many people can't get by anymore

You should have documented it, blown all 4 points then taken them to court for unfair dismissal and taken a compensation payment. That is if you yanks have any form of fair work legalisation?

Here's a little fact for you buddy about 50% of the people that are in hospitals don't actually need to be there the main reason they're still there is that they are being milked car insurance. In fact between 35 and 40% of people that go into the ER could probably have just made a visit to the doctor's office people in there with a Band-Aid on people when they're complaining about elbow pain half the time we didn't get real sick people in the ER we had a bunch of fucking cry babies. And yeah I wanted to be elsewhere I wanted to go where my fucking skills would actually be needed for cancer patients at that can't make it to hospitals for people that are bound to their homes because of myasthenia gravis for people that have conditions that are life-threatening that I can try to actually help them with. Hospitals are in the business of making money nurses are in the business of healing people so go fuck yourself with your pompous ass View.

That last paragraph is why business is an absolute cunt. Its how people get themselves into power, make shit loads of money and have absolutely no regard for their fellow human being unless they stand to gain something from them, absolute parasites.

>the system is designed to work that way so that work force isn't so transitional

>using it as it is designed is stealing.

No. You're just stupid.

no sorry, I'm not some unqualified idiot who has to work lowlevel jobs

this is absolute truth. I worked there for 3 years and it was fucking miserable the entire time. if ANY of the managers don't like you, you are fucked. doesn't matter why they don't like you. they can always find some little reason to give you a point.

>being able to understand the entire game but not playing it due to perceived moral hang ups.

I heard "stupid"

I have worked at Walmart. They have to be strict because Walmart attracts the lowest common denominators of human society. Four points is more than enough, they don't want asshole slackers who are going to call out sick every other week, which is exactly what happens in every other retail job I have ever had.

If you dont like it, try working for some mom and pop store. They'll pay you less and fire you the first time you fuck up.

ERs are the only places legally required to treat you. That's why.

And then along come people with this view that yet again shit on the bottom of the barrel constantly until they adapt the "fuck it, I'm taking what I can get" mentality.

Part of problem, congrats

>my medical terms and phrases
faggot

Having kids is a huge fuckup don't try to pass the blame

buddy ive had 3 points since like my second month im a real nigga

THIS

Eat or be eaten, friend.

You poor snowflake. Working on drill rigs pulling 16 hour shifts for 28days straight then 10 days rest. Maybe your work ethic needs improvement champ

WalMart manager detected

Thank you Satan.

Why play a game if you know it's rigged

>Plus im rather good looking.

I now see exactly why they wanted to get rid of you.

When you find the "not game" and the train that has brakes, let me know snowflake

Dude you don't get it.

This 4 points system otherwise called the Absence Control Program, is basically like handing the managers a gun with 4 bullets in it and asking them to make sure the get a 6 month quota.

They HAVE to give out points at some point because they have to find those few crazy people with no life that can handle/tolerate that amount of fucking bullshit.

Because we are walking dollar signs, im no different than a box cutter to these managers, im just a tool at their disposal.

And they shoot you whenever they want to.

And the worst part is, the points are at their discretion.

So when you call out because you are too sick to work and they give you an point anyway?

What does that tell? Thats means they have it out for you.

Makes you wonder why they even interviewed you, makes you kind of offended that they interviewed you because they figured you were dumb enough and sheepish enough to fall for that shit job.

But thats only Walmart, Iv had great experiences in other jobs.

>worked at walmart
>was cashier
>16 at the time
>7 callout limit
>called out 14 times in total
>nobody gave a shit
>customers smelled like dog saliva
>some nigger spit on me
>customer got cut on his hand
>didnt bother to cover it
>bleed on me when he handed me money
>threw up at work a lot
>quit after 11 months
>regret to this day

Well here's the thing most people don't stay at Walmart for more than 2 to 3 months because it's really a terrible workplace and restrictions and stuff like that it's completely designed to have people come and go all the time so nobody ever makes more than the starting wage anyway

shibby

When did they implement the 4 point system? It wasnt there when I worked there. I got 7 absences

It is here. Especially in indiana. Employers are not required by law to give you any specified time between shifts. They can say "hey come work from 6-1800". Then when 1800 rolls around he can legally come up to you and say "hey we dont have anyone to cover your spot, we need you to work 1800-6". And thats completely legal. And theres no maximum hours for a week either.

>IV infusion therapy
>searches averages for RNs

Yeah well the pay scale increases when you have your masters degree asshat.

Tell me user, why is America such a shitty country?

So there's no quality in worksmanship and the entire job can be whittled down to a series of repetitive patterns that can eventually be automated by machines?

FUCK NO WAY

Indeed.

>pass the blame

Who did i pass the blame to?

Like I said, when you are older, you will find someone you love and after 2 years of fucking with condoms you will say,

" fuck it, I love you and whatever happens, happens. Now im going to come so hard in you "

And then when you love a girl, then put your progeny in her to literally grow like a plant in her body, and then when you see that fuzzy head come out her vagina and see the face of this fucking tiny human YOU MADE.

You will change your whole fucking mind mate, I promise you.

Must not have been walmart canada dude. I've been working there for 2 years now and the people I work with get away with murder.
We've even got people who go around the corner to smoke up. They don't even leave the parking lot. Our manager can smell it while he's having his smoke.

You said look up average nurses salary so I did.
You faggots want to make a point, do it coherently next time
Also, big fucking deal, I make the same as a bartender at a country club working 28 hours a week on average

Bro, you are going from one extreme to the next.

If you are working on a drill rig like that, its because you like to, or you have such massive ego that you need to look as rough as possible at all times.

You are the guy that the people who work at the gym roll their eyes at.

$100k/year for nursing is on the high end, but if you've got a lot of experience or are in a high-paying specialty, you can make that kind of money easily.

I've got a bunch of nurses in my extended family. One's a midwife that makes like $125k/year, another one is an anesthetist that makes like $150k/year (both with 20+ years of experience).

Everyone else. And you're still doing it. Here's your YOU.

Cause I'm dapper?

Thank you user, that means alot.

I'm pretty sure saying that I do IV infusion therapy as a nurse and get paid 50 per hour to do it is pretty fucking coherent. I think you failed to comprehend the statement.