Are there any other bands like Ulcerate? I enjoy this bands work a lot...

Are there any other bands like Ulcerate? I enjoy this bands work a lot. Existential death metal that doesn't have a cliche sound, lyrics or aesthetic?

Check Soilwork and other bands featuring Björn "Speed" Strid

>dissoshit
>not cliche sound lyrics and aesthetic

Spurtura - Benis the remains

What do you listen to?

cliche death metal because cliches are good

>>dissoshit

kill yourself, philistine

>muh existential evil
>muh atonal jazzwankery
>muh Georges Bataille
>muh Spiderman pajamas

>because cliches are good
I fail to see that. Cliches are boring and so is trolling if u are doing that.

>cliches are boring
Then how come you like Ulcerate ?

The grandiosity of the music and the themes without being so straight-forward like most death metal

I see, so you like the dissomeme cliches it displays.

t. Urist

You can't say everything is a cliche because then nothing is.

And you don't get to arbitrarily decide what is a cliche and what isn't.

>everything that uses atonal intervals sounds the same
Spoken like a true pleb of not just metal, but music in general. I feel like metal fans would be less judgmental about this shit because so many metal haters pull this "it all sounds the same" on so much of the music they like, but nope, I guess that's no cure for autism.

>death metal
Gorguts - Obscura
Pyrrhon - What Passes For Survival
Immolation - Close To A World Below
Flourishing - The Sum Of All Fossils
Howls Of Ebb - Cursus Impasse: The Pendlomic Vows
Demilich - Nespithe

>black metal
Ved Buens Ende - Written In Waters
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Deathspell Omega - Fas-Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum
Misþyrming - Söngvar elds og óreiðu
S.V.E.S.T. - Urfaust
The Axis of Perdition - Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital

thank u

As a matter of fact, all extreme metal that uses microtonal intervals DOES happen to sound the same.

Not my fault, maybe they do a conscious effort to all sound the same, or maybe it has to do with microtonal composition itself, but either way, the result is here: it all blends together.

It's my opinion.

Now you have everything you need to realize how truly unoriginal and formulaic Ulcerate is: all those bands use the same basic gimmicks to achieve the same atmosphere.

Your opinion happens to be wrong. The evidence is all there

Maybe you don't have a discerning ear. I can easily tell when people are being genuine in their music and when people are copycatting.

>As a matter of fact, all extreme metal that uses microtonal intervals DOES happen to sound the same.
They aren't microtonal though. Microtonal and atonal are two totally different things.

I definitely understand more microtonal approaches like Jute Gyte to sound sameish since the pitch intervals are too small to be super discernible with that much distortion and volume. But atonal intervals are far from sounding the same. If anything, it's your fault as your ears haven't had the exposure be able to realize that there are a number of different approaches to atonality. You're at that point no different from everyone saying all extreme metal sounds the same. Or all classical music sounds the same. Or all *insert genre* sounds the same. These are ignorant statements made by those with not enough exposure to the sound to hear the differences. Atonal intervals are as numerous as the consonant ones and there differences are similar.

>totally different
in theory yes, in effect no

Atonal-microtonal intervals all sound wrong. that's their only aesthetic characteristic. Sounding wrong.

Then it must be the result of their composition techniques, it must be impossible to make microtonal music that sounds distinctive

>in theory yes, in effect no
Again, that depends on one's exposure. It sounds very different to me for example.

>Atonal-microtonal intervals all sound wrong. that's their only aesthetic characteristic. Sounding wrong.
So the only characteristic aesthetic of other music that has no atonality is sounding right? This is stupid levels of illogical crap here. Also none of this stuff is microtonal I already said that. At this point I hope you're trolling because you're blatantly missing the points we keep bringing up.

I've listened to all these albums, I can ascertain that they all sound extremely similar, save for maybe VBE because of their janky guitar tone

>So the only characteristic aesthetic of other music that has no atonality is sounding right This is stupid levels of illogical crap here
good thing it's not at all what I implied.

non-microtonal music offers a wide variety of aesthetic qualities. atonal-microtonal music only offers one: wrongness.

There is no audible difference between microtonal and atonal melodies.

>I've listened to all these albums, I can ascertain that they all sound extremely similar, save for maybe VBE because of their janky guitar tone
This is objectively not true. Gorguts on Obscura and Immolation have a far more slower groovier approach on a lot of tracks that the others there don't have. Misthyrming do this sorta dark ambient inspired thing that's not there with the others. None of those others are as raw as SVEST's Urfaust. Only that Pyrrhon has improvisation. Blut Aus Nord and TAOP are the only ones with industrial sections, with the latter being the ones that present that in a cinematic manner. Flourishing is the only one there with a very blatant post-hardcore influence. I can keep this going on for multiple posts but these should be good enough examples.

Again, not our fault you're fucking def.

>non-microtonal music offers a wide variety of aesthetic qualities. atonal-microtonal music only offers one: wrongness.
This is also untrue. Atonal interval music uses a variety of techniques, rhythms, pitches, timbres, etc. just like non-atonal music. It's on you for being so triggered that you can't hear all that.

>There is no audible difference between microtonal and atonal melodies.
Microtonal music can be done with consonant as well as atonal intervals though. Lmao you're a joke my man

>Atonal interval music uses a variety of techniques, rhythms, pitches, timbres, etc.
Sure, but it all results in "uhm, sweetie? you might wanna tune your guitar before playing" instead of creating various moods and atmospheres.

In order to create the illusion of distinctiveness, dissomeme bands rely heavily on very elaborate, intriguing cover artworks. It effectively makes up for 90% of the listening experience. Thanks to those visuals, they can fool you into thinking that they sound different, when it's actually just graphic design.

>Sure, but it all results in "uhm, sweetie? you might wanna tune your guitar before playing" instead of creating various moods and atmospheres.
Again, this is blatantly untrue, and the qualifies of the records I mentioned in that post show that.

>In order to create the illusion of distinctiveness, dissomeme bands rely heavily on very elaborate, intriguing cover artworks. It effectively makes up for 90% of the listening experience. Thanks to those visuals, they can fool you into thinking that they sound different, when it's actually just graphic design.
Nice troll. You keep doing "no u" and bringing up goofy shit like this instead of bringing up actual points, or observing actual aspects of the music.

I have obeserved aspects of the music, I've even gone through the effort of typing out a typical reaction to it so that you can better understand its essence.

That's as good of a point as it gets.

Not really. All you have said is that it all sounds the same. You haven't brought up any actual qualities of the music outside VBE's guitar tone and their general atonality.