Just broke up with my gf of two years. Instead of being a fag and doing feels let's get a positive thread going on...

Just broke up with my gf of two years. Instead of being a fag and doing feels let's get a positive thread going on. What advice/ positive shit have you been doing recently?

Put myself on a diet almost three weeks ago, with some advice from /fit/. I haven't lost much yet, but I feel better about my choices. I used to have a habit of ordering out a lot, so it's easier on my finances too.

Good luck to you, user

thanks man. i need to lose some weight to. cutting out alcohol is not easy but it is the reason i started getting fat.

trying not to fall into abysmal depression bump

Started going to the gym about 3 months ago, because I felt like I was too skinny. I've gained 4.5kgs since then, which may not sound like much, but to me it definitely is. Can see the difference too in musclegain.

How are you doing OP! You coping well?

I've been eating less and working out almost everyday. I've lost over eight pounds so far :)

Pic unrelated

that's awesome man. did you do something you found from /fit/?

thanks for asking. i feel really strange. we have had fights before but this one was finally it. last night i drank myself to sleep. i will have waves of not caring and waves of a deep empty sadness. today i have just been trying to play video games and keep my mind off of it. i really need to make sure that i start getting out and surrounding myself with people or going to the gym or something. i am afraid if i get bored my mind will just focus on it and i will be tempted to just drink and sleep. i need idea of how to distract myself. my last long term relationship was so long ago

That's some scoliosis right there

>positive shit have you been doing recently?

Painting my bedroom walls. Two coats of primer and then a top coat. Slow going, but it looks good and I haven't gotten paint on any of my cats yet.

what color?

>scoliosis

You are a comedic genius.

I just found a routine I liked on some random website and stuck with it a while. Since then I've switched out most of the exercises to something new, so my muscles aren't getting used to the same thing. I don't browse /fit/

>color?

Kind of a gold/yellow color. Painted the walls a dark turquoise which I'd gotten pretty tired of by now.

good to hear. /fit/ has good content once in a million years...kind of like Sup Forums

I decided to stop living alone and instead going outside and meet other people. got some chances to go partying with others, but I found out that I dont know how to interact with other people.
i tried, nothing changed, same life as before

Recently got dumped by gf of 5 years.
First days of breaking I thought I was a worthless piece of shit. Cried like a little girl. That was really pathetic.
Fun fact is my career started improving and I became more fit in the later stages of the relationship. I've been user my entire life so I didn't realize that she was doing an huge mistake.

I started going out drinking and things improved so quick I couldn't believe it.
Even got second base with a chick.

I'm still a super pussy though. I hope she comes back and I'm really scared she could find out I'm seeing this other girl.

If you have money/patience I suggest trying to explore new hobbies or indulge in some you haven't a long time.

just got a new, good paying job. been saving half my income so I can travel the world in 2 years.

Bump

sorry man :(

why did you break up?

I hope she comes back and I'm really scared she could find out I'm seeing this other girl.

Dude.... What the fuck? Re-read that sentence a few times and have a long deep think about it. Seriously...

Getting ready to go back to school to get a nursing degree, I was an armyfag so I'll get paid to go. I've just been focusing on being myself and doing my thing, if others don't like it then I don't need them in my life and I'll find better company. I quit drinking too, feels pretty good.

i need some hobbies which is the tricky thing. besides video games and jerking off. i did just call a guitar teacher though so hopefully that is a start

first place you want to go?

tips to quit?

>kill anything that moves

Different user but that's cool that you're taking up music man, I got a keyboard piano recently and I've been having a good time with it. If you don't have a guitar yet and want to get a head start, I'd reccomend learning to read sheet music. It makes everything so much easier.

that is actually what we talked about. i have a guitar and fuck around with it some times but i thought it would be a nice emotional outlet to really learn something especially now that i have so much more free time. are you self taught or did you get a instructor?

I got a dui man, I felt I'd finally made every mistake with it and it just wasn't fun anymore. I wanted to quit and that's the most important part, you have to really want to not do it. If you don't really feel like it's a huge problem in your life you'll just keep justifying it. I hope you manage to quit and don't have to learn the hard way like me, good luck man.

did you cold turkey? slowly start drinking less? did you have to fill your time with something else to distract yourself?

Finally quit living with my mom earlier this year, at 25. I wasn't a neckbeard basement dweller, but my congenital handicap set me back years from other people.

I just recently got a sort of "professional degree" in IT, an equivalent of a bachelor for you mericans I think.

Starting an adaptated job in January. Till then I just get to enjoy life alone with my own shit and my own money (yeah it's welfare for disabled people, bite me).

I'm finally a little happy.

I suggest an instructor for proper technique. Get a chord sheet and scale sheet to learn: chords for learning ur favorite songs and scales to train ur ears and help u learn to play ur own music.

Im making mead and growing some flowers. It takes my mind from the problems, also meditating would be nice

that's great to hear

thanks. Its bad if you are there, everybody around you has fun and you just dont know what to do to enjoy everything. just standing there, listening to them and thats it.

Thanks mate. Hope you had a somewhat good year too.

Simply put, she said she isn't in love with me anymore and wants time alone.

We always had this innocent sweetheart love. She doesn't feel like it anymore.
I think she still likes me but can't process her feelings in an adult way.

She still say childish stuff like
>I hope you can be happy
>I hope you can find love someday
but reacted disgusted at the idea I could just fuck chicks very soon.
I can't fucking understand her problem.

Nice satanic trips.

I'm currently teaching myself with youtube and some books (alfreds piano for beginners). Its definitely a rewarding thing to do, just don't discourage yourself, and take breaks when you're getting frustrated. I used headphones with my keyboards at first so I could make mistakes and not feel self concious about others hearing. But yeah man, it's gonna feel pretty lame at first playing mary had a little lamb and shit but it's a necessary step, pat yourself on the back when you learn something new, nobody's good over night. I'm happy for you, I hope it goes well.

He just explained it.

>I hope you can be happy
>I hope you can find love someday
That shit is so annoying to hear

how old is she? mine said the same shit

It was like an epiphany for me personally, i was sitting there drinking and I realized how much trouble I get in and go through to ignore my problems. Decided to stop the next day and I did, I feel so much better now. I'd honestly reccomend you keep doing at it until you don't want to any more.

thanks man!

you can still drink after a dui. i was just asking if he stopped the day he got it or had to ween himself off it and how he did so

that's good to hear you quit. for me it feels like maintenance.

Fucking 30 y/o.
Can you believe how stupid that sound from a grown woman?

jesus that is the sort of shit 17 year olds say

Listen to millionaire podcasts and audiobooks((REcomened: Way of the Superior Man), started skateboarding at 20yo. 23, still pudgy but hella strength and flexibility now. Just don't take the beaten path unless you consciously choose it, either way, stay happy.

Thanks man, but like I said, just let yourself get tired of it, don't focus too much energy on not drinking. Sometimes it's necessary to learn first-hand.

No cope, just thrive.

/postoftheyear

Exactly.
I don't consider myself a full grown up either, but this shit comes straight from a teenager mind.

I don't know how to deal with that. I actually feel a bit guilty for giving up on her.

Help me out bro. What do you think?