Should I major in computer science, or electrical engineering?

Should I major in computer science, or electrical engineering?

Neither if you have to pay for college. If so, it isn't worth it.

Comp sci is easier and they both get paid around the same. Engineers are more respected though, imo

Why?

Don't start CS unless you know you like it. You will code hours on end, so make sure you enjoy it.

Learn the basics, get a simple programing job, work from there.

Bullshit. Almost every decent IT job is meant for engineers. Be just a programmer and you wont promote ever. Enginner degree = oportunities and $

Btw i dont know about the USA but un Europe there is computer science engineering, and software engineering. Almost the same.
What i mean is that we are considered engineers

Because you likely won't be able to get a job with no experience and would also have to deal with a crushing amount of debt. You'd be better off taking a job that doesn't pay super well at first, and working your way up. This builds a work experience history on your resume and is more useful for landing a solid career than a piece of paper which many places aren't as interested in when it comes to future employee prospects.
Source: me and a staggering number of people I graduated with learned this the hard way.
Plus college puts you through an unnecessary amount of stress that is otherwise avoidable.

Eurofag here. Didnt paid much for the uni. Public quality uni. You have to get an internship to graduate. Most people stay where they made their internship. Find decent internship, dont fuck it up, profit.
How many $ can a Computer Science degree cost in the US?

I'm doing my bachelor's degree in Germany in CS. Or at least im trying to.
How do/did you stay motivated to study?
Every fucking time when i see the formulas i'm fucked up and do something else instead. Like the formulas scare me of.
(Btw. At my University is CS very theoretically.)

Easily $100,000 dollars, plus. That's for a bachelor's degree.
Mine is close to $180,000 USD.
This country blows a fat one.

Have you ever thought about a different path?

Bump

HOLY SHIT
No public education?

Lol that is considered a "public" education.
That is why I have so much animosity towards the education system, the government, and this country as a whole. I didn't choose to be born, but either way I have to deal with this shit pile of a mess.

Might I add, with very little opportunity.

Quite brutal dude.
Public unis in Europe can be 1500/2000 € per year. They might not be MIT but high quality unis anyways.

I honestly wish I could afford to move to a European country or Canada. Is it fairly to make a living if you're also supporting a spouse and child?

Assuming you are engineer/similar , yes.
You'd find easily a good job coming from USA.
Some countries pay higher than others, but life cost is equated. I mean, for example: Sweden: high salaries, high living cost. Spain: lower salary, lower living cost (better life quality).
Do your research and take your chances!

I'll keep that in mind, thanks user.

Both

Engineering will make you smarter

Comp sci will be easier

Both extremely versatile

I'd try to find a double compsci/ee major

Source: about to graduate from EE with comp sci minor

this, also I'm on CE and I regret it as fuck, I should've went with Computer Sciences since I don't care for shit for hardware

Computer engineering, it's like EE but you learn programming too.