So I Just listening to Rain Dogs and loved the hell outta it...

So I Just listening to Rain Dogs and loved the hell outta it. What albums are similar or essential listens for those getting into his discography Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/music/2005/mar/20/popandrock1
youtube.com/watch?v=0GjyGdDrXXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LE PIRATE MAN
Just listen to Frank Sinatra instead

He has many great albums. Try Swordfishtrombones next, then go to Bone Machine or Mule Variations. Don't listen to this pleb:

Wow! I've found Rain Dogs recently as well. Very good.
Swordfishtrombone is actually my favorite of his. Go with that.

I really like Blue Valentines and Mule Variations, and Bone Machine as well, like this guy said
Right now I've been listening to Trout Mask Replica in spirit of these albums.
Check out his taste. It'll make you appreciate him way more.

>theguardian.com/music/2005/mar/20/popandrock1

youtube.com/watch?v=0GjyGdDrXXs

Thanks guys, Admittedly I tried getting into trout mask about a year or so ago but the mixing put me off.
So I think the plan is Swordfish and then bonemachine for now and see where to go from there.

I'm diggin through his career a bunch, and he's got gems on every album, but few are as consistent as Swordfish to me, even Rain Dogs.

Check out Closing Time, back when he actually sang.

I love the album cover.

Small Change >>>>> *

>Rain Dogs
>no singing
the fuck are you on about

Blood Money. For sure.

Swordfishtrombones on, chronologically. Swordfishtrombones, Rain Dogs and Franks Wild Years are a trilogy, by the way.

Also eventually go back and listen from the first album on, but if you specifically want more of his experimental era, go from Swordfish on chronologically.

I couldn't stand Closing Time's first song and the actual singing.
Blue Valentines is good to me, though.

Is Frank's Wild Years good in comparison to Rain Dogs and SFT?
Is Alice good?

>franks wild years
Yes, I like it more than swordfishtrombones. Alice is also great. You can't really go wrong with any album after swordfish

This is comforting.
I'll be hitting Frank's Wild Years tomorrow then.

I need more songs like In The Neighborhood dear god I love that one.

based

The bastards 3 disk set is great as well.

Mule varations, Alice, Real and swordfish are all classics plus big time really almost all of it is good

also dont forget is early stuff i think its very underrated small change blue valantine

I just got Big Time today, and it's gonna bit great.

It has Falling Down, and the setlist is pretty steeped with the shit I like.

No In The Neighborhood though.

Big Time was my introduction to Tom waits. House sitting in the late 90s and it was on IFC. Hooked ever since