Discuss some of the most overrated albums in music history. (Objectively speaking. no Sup Forumscore)

Discuss some of the most overrated albums in music history. (Objectively speaking. no Sup Forumscore)

And just to make it clear: overrated doesnt mean bad

it has one good song.

influential? sure. worth repeated listens? nah.

WL/WH is much better and more influential

Its a great album Ive just heard every song on it 1000s of times. Something in the way is still a 10/10 track

Fucking retard lmao
Not a single bad song on that album, no one will ever agree with you.

>no Sup Forumscore
But Sup Forumscore is just popular and critically acclaimed albums though.

i'd rather listen to soft machine. i think third does the same thing but better and less pink-floydy

OP here, i agree. RYM top 100s are okay

Overratediohead

I'm a huge Bowie fan and have listened to every single song that he has made, but I don't see why fans rank this among his best. I think it's a flat pop album that lacks any form of grit (for the most part), its main hits like Changes or Life on Mars are incredibly overrated.

I know Bowie has always been a pop artist, but that pushed to the absolute limits here and it's too flamboyant. Ziggy Stardust incorporated the pop sound from this album, and the hard rock from TMWSTW masterfully.

But I would rank this like his 14th best work, and that may be sugar coating it. I just don't see why people think this is a wonderful piece of work that's up there with Low, Station, Heroes, Ziggy, etc...

you just said it in the first line. When experimental artist go pop is when they achieve their masterpieces

Bowie has never been experimental

agree. i listened to this like 10 times and it has only one good track. and this one is good only because was sampled by kanye and sounds familiar

explain please

not by the core of the definition, but he was avant-garde and anti-commercial (not his entire career, obviously)

out of curiosity where would you put Young Americans?

I'd put it two behind Hunky Dory. This is my ranking. I think those two are still good albums though, it doesn't get bad until tonight in my opinion in my chart

this is what is wrong with Sup Forums

Music is subjective, we can't all enjoy the same type of music, we come from different contexts

Whoops

not necessarily, music has an objective aspect. people just look for different things in music. different styles/approaches to music offer the listener different things.

its not purely subjective because some people like the same music for the similar reasons.

I approve of this ranking