The effects of a photographic memory on sports

Lebron James
Draymond Green
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning

This might look like a list of some of the best players in their respective sports, but there's one thing they all have in common.

All of these guys are able to remember intricate details of games that happened years ago and have a so called photographic memory or at least something close to it and as a result they all have unmatched knowledge of the game.

The only player I found through a quick google of players with photographic memory that wasn't a GOAT or had GOAT potential is Blaine Gabbert.

Obviously guys with this special talent have the potential to be once in a generation players but it's amazing that guys like Draymond Green and Tom Brady were drafted so late.

Shouldn't there be some type of screening for players at the combines for this kind of incredible sports iq? These guys are basically cheating since they can absorb information like this, anyone with this kind of memory ought to be first overall barring some crazy athletic freaks like KD. Why are general managers sleeping on this potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbnation.com/2016/2/16/10987022/draymond-green-warriors-nba-unexpected-star
espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11067098/lebron-james-greatest-weapon-brain
espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7538139/tom-brady-amazing-memory-gives-ne-patriots-mental-advantage
ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/aaron-rodgers-photographic-memory-packers
newsday.com/sports/football/jets/lowery-on-peyton-he-s-got-a-photographic-memory-1.2589092
espnfrontrow.com/2015/05/king-felix-reveals-his-photographic-memory-of-pitches-in-espn-the-magazine/
nytimes.com/2013/06/02/sports/baseball/tigers-miguel-cabrera-living-and-hitting-in-zone-of-his-own.html
deseretnews.com/article/299651/PALMER-NICKLAUS-RETURN-TO-SITE-OF-INAUGURAL-DUEL.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8N_gxSI7RqY
youtube.com/watch?v=4EcTg9sQzKs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>nobody likes my thread

What should I do better guys I feel like this shits mind blowing

provide evidence

I just wanted to bump this thread with pic related

>The only player I found through a quick google of players with photographic memory that wasn't a GOAT or had GOAT potential is Blaine Gabbert.

Not a goat YET

wait, you're telling me everyone doesn't have this?

Draymond
sbnation.com/2016/2/16/10987022/draymond-green-warriors-nba-unexpected-star

LeBron
espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11067098/lebron-james-greatest-weapon-brain

Brady
espn.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7538139/tom-brady-amazing-memory-gives-ne-patriots-mental-advantage

Rodgers
ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/aaron-rodgers-photographic-memory-packers

Peyton Manning
newsday.com/sports/football/jets/lowery-on-peyton-he-s-got-a-photographic-memory-1.2589092

To be fair it's hard to know whether these guys just study film way too much or if they really have this kind of memory, it looks like Draymond, Lebron, and Rodgers definitely have superior memorization though

2 more of these dudes with perfect recall of games

Felix Hernadez, Pitcher, all star, Cy Young winner & has pitched a perfect game
espnfrontrow.com/2015/05/king-felix-reveals-his-photographic-memory-of-pitches-in-espn-the-magazine/

Miguel Cabrera, Heavy Hitter, Triple Crown holder & MVP
nytimes.com/2013/06/02/sports/baseball/tigers-miguel-cabrera-living-and-hitting-in-zone-of-his-own.html

Jack Nicklaus too
deseretnews.com/article/299651/PALMER-NICKLAUS-RETURN-TO-SITE-OF-INAUGURAL-DUEL.html

Don't have time to give a thoughtful reply right now but I wanted to give you props for a great, original and non-general thread. This is why there's not many replies.

>leddit

apemond green does not deserve to have his name even be uttered among that list of players

fuck off

top 10 player in the league right now though, after a few more finals wins it won't be too far fetched

>top 10 player
yeah, this is bait. shame you had a pretty interesting thread but you want to meme it up to get more replies. sage.

Another for you OP

youtube.com/watch?v=8N_gxSI7RqY

>putting Apemond on the list
The rest are great but he's just a shithead who Allahu Akbar'd his team's finals chances last year

I mean he's gonna be DPOY, probably 2nd team all NBA for the 2nd straight year, and the defensive anchor to one of the best teams ever, I definitely think there's an argument there

Jerry Lucas too, another GOAT
youtube.com/watch?v=4EcTg9sQzKs

The mathematician John von Neumann was able to memorize a column of the phone book at a single glance. Herman Goldstine wrote about him: "One of his remarkable abilities was his power of absolute recall. As far as I could tell, von Neumann was able on once reading a book or article to quote it back verbatim; moreover, he could do it years later without hesitation."

This is what photographic memory is like. No way those low IQ niggers and jocks are anything like a true genius such as von Neumann.

Bruh the post right above yours has a video where the dude does the exact same phone book thing

How does it feel to be BTFO

there's an argument, but not a great one

put him on any other team and nobody is talking about him in the top 20 - he thrives in the warriors' system and is a great piece in it, but it makes him look much better than he is

"Photographic memory" doesn't exist. It's a fiction meme not something people actually have in real life.

haven't you seen rain man? that's based off a real dude

Good thread. Intelligence is definitely a crucial asset for an athlete. I assume all the great coaches have this kind of brainpower. I'm afraid I do not have a better response.

Draymond is smart? You do not see that in his personality.

You act as if they were born with a special trait. It's common knowledge that memory can be improved enormously through training. Obviously if you watch a lot of film and attempt to memorize a playbook every year you will acquire a great memory. Same thing with with NYC cab drivers. There was a study done where they mapped out the entire city from memory, and brain scans showed they had much more active visual memory than the average person.

Also that Lebron article from Windhorst was pathetic. So obvious that Lebron desperately wanted to have a reputation as some kind of basketball genius and told him to write it.