Anons over 30, what do you listen to? do you still listen to emo or metal bullshit?

anons over 30, what do you listen to? do you still listen to emo or metal bullshit?

Other urls found in this thread:

drabmajesty.bandcamp.com/track/39-by-design
youtu.be/bsqLi9LfiwM
youtu.be/0Bywahz2zCo
youtu.be/i2deFSM3Vo0
youtube.com/watch?v=vXuLf7EOrkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>metal bullshit
I still do.

I've discovered I have a taste for New Wave by way of Post-Punk. Don't really care much for Minimal Synth, but I do like some stripped down Minimal Wave if the guitars drive the music.

Turned 47 last April and i still mostly listen to music from my college years. Tool, Nirvana, Megadeth, and the Doors are the three bands i Listen to in the car.

My son showed me a band that reminds me of Motorhead and and he's getting me back into discovering new metal. So yeah, I guess.

I had three then added one, sorry i didn't change it

>Turned 47 last April
There are middle aged men who use imageboards?

How old's your son?

He's 16. Mostly listened to stuff I had in the car and branched out from there. He listens to Black Metal now and I just can't get myself into that.

And yeah, I've got nothing else better to do at 11pm

Current faves are Grimes, Scott Walker, and Foals. And no - I don't listen to/claim to like music ironically.

59 in october and I stopped keeping up with newer music virtually as soon the 90s ended, even midway into the decade music lost something I can't quite put my finger on it, music became more about the idea of what the music was doing rather than a focus on the music itself.

I mostly listen to prog and jazz at this point.

31, and my sense of taste in music was pretty much destroyed by seven years off-and-on as a strip club DJ. Now, I pretty much just listen to music that I know other people like, getting a kind of vicarious thrill from knowing how much somebody else would enjoy what I'm hearing through the headphones.

I listen to what's new. Miley's Bangerz album came out right when I was working seven days a week at a club in South Carolina and living pretty hard, so it's all wrapped up in late 2013/early 2014 memories. People blast pop music for being frivolous and fleeting, but that's kind of the whole point of it. It marks time. Music makes me feel like I'm alive; pop music makes you feel like you're alive right now; and there really is something beautiful about that.

Here u go dawg

drabmajesty.bandcamp.com/track/39-by-design

>29
>Metal primarily
>just got into some post rock
>occasional electronic type stuff also

dad rock is fine too

Cindarnis, Prince of Faggots

i have no idea how any of you aren't dissatisfied with listening to the same music

granted music is my job so i have a bias

still though like the hell

honest questions: does music even matter to you anymore?

Im 26, i grew up right when musical piracy became full blown aids and killed the music industry. It was fucking glorious.
Like imagine you had to buy music and only could get the music at a record store, but now you had access to every form of recorded music made through out history all free.
Like imagine, you live in the middle of nowhere america, and you can just like wake up at 4 in the morning and listen to roxy music and japanese city pop now after a few clicks.
The last actual physical album i bought was in rainbows by radiohead, and it was funny because they gave that album away for free on the internet.

I have completely burned myself off music by now, all this freedom allows you to listen to everything. Everything. Once you are done with that i guess you just get nostalgic for the stuff from when you were a kid. Now im pretty much "if it sounds good to me i like it" mode.

I cant really relate to young people at all, they seem like a bunch of wigger faggots, and i fucking despise rap.
I mostly listen to metal and electronic music now i guess.

I used to listen to music while driving but, now its strictly sports/news talk radio.

OP did you save that image from a thread I made were I posted qts and talked about tfwnogf, or are you a big fan of Lio? Favourite Lio song?

>used to hate NPR as a kid
>listen to it quite a lot on my hour drive home from work now
fuck

it was from an 80s qts threads. how do i get into lio?

Listen to this album or her first one. This is mostly highlights from her first album with english lyrics, but the lyrics are written by Sparks so they're really charming and funny/dark at the same time. Her french lyrics are too though, they're just in french.

A few of my favs
youtu.be/bsqLi9LfiwM
youtu.be/0Bywahz2zCo
youtu.be/i2deFSM3Vo0

i found a man, behind your post, he's just like me.and im sick of people just like you are. lets make a new future, lets destroy them all.

>There are middle ages men who use imageboards?
Someone needs a lesson in 'the history of hacker culture'. Do you think that usenet/internet forums/imageboards are a millennial thing?

give me that lesson, i've always wanted to know more about old school hacker culture

That's how my 44 year old dad got me into metal. Sabbath was my first. That's pretty cool. I money listen to a little bit of all metal/core.

Captcha: Close Nord. Had to post this.

why do young people think the internet was invented in 2007?
Its been around since the 80's.
I mean, people talk about Sup Forums being ruined by normalfags, but if you were on the early internet you know the whole god damn thing got ruined by normalfags

Well said.

But still, kys

Death Grips of course

I'm 38 and I've recently bought American Football S/T. I already knew various old school emo bands, but I've never listened to them.
It's alright.
I still listen to metal too, mostly nu-male metal.

35 here, by decade:
-Unwound, Fugazi, Slint, Jawbreaker
-Page 99, Kidcrash, Black Eyes, Animal Collective
-Women, Palm, Death Grips, Whirr

hope this helps

no Amoureux Solitaires?
youtube.com/watch?v=vXuLf7EOrkA

is the girl on the left (the hot one) Federica Moro?
she was a former Miss Italy and actress.

I turned 30 a couple of days ago actually, i guess now i'm included with the rest of these old farts.

My thing is usually electronic music.
I've recently discovered Coppe' and her stuff is very interesting to me, i'm also going back and re-listening to some Aphex Twin lately.
In terms of "emo" i like Floral Green by Title Fight and basically every single album by This Town Needs Guns, both these groups are labeled as "emo" so i guess that's some emo i enjoy.

I love that too but I didn't think user would. Amazing video too

this user has legit taste and catches the right wave at the right time. respect.

32, i listened to rap in the 90s, jazz + classical in the 2000s, and indie in the 2010s.

id say its not the music doing that but the concepts surrounding it

what job you got in music user? i'm 20 so im not gonna answer that question, music is my life

In a way, but when you really think about it, everything is exactly the same.

Big blockbuster movies have pretty much the same effect, culturally. For months, millions and millions of people are giving time to this one specific thing. I didn't really love Jurassic World, but I still think it's a culturally cool thing that there was this one time when everybody, doing all kinds of kind of different things in their lives, all spent some time on Jurassic World, either seeing it or deciding not to for whatever reason.

I still listen to older music, and I'm always discovering stuff that I totally missed for whatever reason. I just like pop music in that it's an impermanent background noise to life. You can try to hide from it, with mixed success, or you can embrace it. The greatest thing about "Despacito" is that everybody's listening to it in 2017, and you can ask people what they were doing when "Despacito" was a thing, and they'll all describe what they were doing in 2017.

It's like in that movie The Big Short, when they showed the passage of time by showing what was happening culturally, like the introduction of the iPhone. Pop music and pop culture is like having a dog or visiting a foreign country: you get out of it what you put into it.

>I just like pop music in that it's an impermanent background noise to life. You can try to hide from it, with mixed success, or you can embrace it. The greatest thing about "Despacito" is that everybody's listening to it in 2017, and you can ask people what they were doing when "Despacito" was a thing, and they'll all describe what they were doing in 2017.

I LOVE BEING A CONSUMERIST SHEEP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE :DDDD

There's rougly a million ways you could've shat on him for his retarded "i want to listen to what everyone else is listening cuz le cultural event" philosophy, and you picked the laziest one.
Thus wasting this opportunity entirely for the rest of us.
Fuck you.

Seconding this, tell me more about bbs boards, usenet and the like

I LOVE WHINING ABOUT STUFF ON THE INTERNET :DDDD

God damn, 25 here and right on the fucking money but I wouldn't say I'm completely burned out on music it's just I'm totally comfortable with the artists and bands i know. The thrill of looking for new artists/bands is dead for me but when I do find a new album I love that euphoric feeling I use to get is 5x sweeter.

What went do wrong in your life that you continue to use Sup Forums at nearly 60 years of age? I'm genuinely curious.

The way you phrase that question is like he's been browsing Sup Forums for 40 years.
It's not the same thing for him as it is for you.

Not even him but it's just a website. How's it any different from being on any other site?

Get used to it, generational shift means that things you assumed only kids use, are now used by older people because that's what they're familiar with.

Sup Forums, video games, etc.
The more we move fowards the more you'll see old people using these things way into their '90.
And exactly like past generations new things will pop up that they won't be able to get into.
Hell i already can't relate with 90% of the new Sup Forums main audience, even people using the same exact site approach this from different angles and are often incompatible.

To all of the older men in this thread, do you Bjork?

Yeah sure, who doesn't like Bjork?
Amphibian is my favorite track by her.

Been digging deeper into some "electronic" genres and finding more and more things I enjoy.
Classic Country, Northern Soul and Jazz have always been interests of mine. Because I've been falling farther down the rabbit hole of record collecting, and taking more chances buying bulk collections, more gems keep popping up.
I still listen to and keep up with some metal. Even though I've teetered away from most of it.

We're actually lucky, playing video games, especially slower paced ones, doesn't require much in terms of body strength and reflexes.
So that means even if you're an old fuck secluded in your home unable to play any sports you can still have fun alone or with other old fucks just playing video games.
Hell some of us lived secluded just playing vidya all their lives, they've lived their entire lives as if they were old and senile already, so nothing is really gonna change for them.

Look man, the old people of the future are going to listen to death metal, play sega, and collect yu-gi-oh cards

>gonna be playing visual novels when i'm old
feels good man