What is the meaning and symbolism behind your flag?

What is the meaning and symbolism behind your flag?

Our extreme dependence to maple syrup.

The colours are of the house of bourbon. Because we claimed to be the real followers of the true king, so the royalist would fight for our cause.

The sun is the inca sun god, Inti, so that the amerinidans would fight for our cause to kick the royalist.

It was all a ruse.

tammuz and ishtar

The taught-to-kids version is that the green represent our forests, yellow represents ours gold and mineral wealth and blue is our sky (hence the presence of the southern crux)
The real reason is that green represents Dom Pedro's royal family (reason why portugal's flag also has green) and yellow is his wife family's colour. Also each star represents one brazilian state.
Ordem e progresso is a positivism motto and is an objective yet to be achieved.

I like your flag. Pretty unique and different. At least some thought went into it, unlike most of Europe's

The best country on Earth.
O' say can you see, by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed, at the twilight's last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night, that our flag was still there
O' say does that star spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free, and the home of the brave

gay

Don't you have some tea to be drinking?
Oh wait, we threw it in the harbor.

Red stands for the battle and the bloodshed
White cross symbolizes the holy cause for which the blood was shed

>Don't you have some tea to be drinking?
Actually just finished supping a pot of Yorkshire Tea

Red = blood i guess
White = pure white blood
Blue = walmart (not kidding, google it)

The fuck is wrong with you, that's the best you can do? The fifty stars in the union represent the fifty states, the thirteen stripes the original 13 colonies. This is fucking elementary school shit, what the fuck man, are you some sorta commie plant?
I don't know if there's any symbolism to the colors and while I checked wikipedia it doesn't really say anything about it, I figure we just used the same colors as the britcuck flag.

With our powers combined, we became stronger.

The blue stripes are the Atlantic and the Pacific. The white stripes symbolize peace (?). The five stars symbolize the countries of the former Central American Federation.

>Yorkshire Tea

Good lad.

Green = Catholics because it's the colour the rebels wore in the 1798 rebellion.
Orange = Protestants because of that Dutch fuck.
White = Peace between the two. But then the prods decided to be perfidious fucks. Moral of the story is don't trust pr*testants.

House of Bragança and House of Habsburg

One stripe for each of the original colonies and one star for each state

The red borders are supposed to represent the oceans. The red and white are the colours given to us by King George. The leaf is a fucking leaf.

gay

England - St. George
Scotland - St. Andrew
Ireland - St. Patrick
Wales - A FUCKING BIG RED DRAGON

Thank fuck they're not on the flag.

Saffron - Courage
White - Peace
Green - Prosperity
Ashok's wheel - Progress

You're gay.
Also European, but that's redundant

>st. george kills dragons
>england kills wales

heh

Why don't they use this one?

Because it wasn't really used until recently. Plus, Wales was part of England so was represented by the St George's cross