I worry for my mental well-being, Sup Forums. I've begun waking up and hoping for an apocalypse daily...

I worry for my mental well-being, Sup Forums. I've begun waking up and hoping for an apocalypse daily. I will often think of how easy it would be to kill people in random situations I find myself in.

Prime example. I keep a loaded H&R 12 guage pump-action shotgun by my bedside in case of intruders since I live in St. Louis. I got up for my early morning shift and looked at my wife still asleep and randomly thought about blowing her head off and how easy it would be since she was asleep and my 12 gauge was right there.

I'm worried I might eventually act on these random notions. Might meed a shrink.

That's a bit concerning. Maybe you should, better safe than sorry.

Thats kind of what I'm thinking too but I just don't know if I have the money for a psyche eval..

>Prime example. I keep a loaded H&R 12 guage pump-action shotgun by my bedside in case of intruders since I live in St. Louis. I got up for my early morning shift and looked at my wife still asleep and randomly thought about blowing her head off and how easy it would be since she was asleep and my 12 gauge was right there.

actually, it's considered totally normal to have these thoughts

it stops being normal when you stop realizing that it is "one of those" thoughts

So it only becomes a problem when I stop recognising that these thkughts are bad.

why dont you put the gun in the closet?

Where in St. Louis are you? I just moved to University City. I hate it so far. Do you know where to buy some weed in this shit hole? It might help reduce those thoughts. It's just a side effect of being a man. We have violent thoughts, it's in our nature.

Oh fuck dude, I don't live far from you. Just over the bridge in Illinois near the Madison area. Pls don't shoot up my workplace

right. they're called intrusive thoughts and literally everyone has them

schizophrenia, for instance, causes you to stop being able to recognize which thoughts are intrusive and which are normal

Are you taking SSRI's, its a common theme in mass shootings, if so, better get the fuck away from those.

>Are you taking SSRI's, its a common theme in mass shootings

false unfounded narrative being made up by Sup Forums

pharmashill

Lachesism

Thank you! Im surprised Sup Forums still has a mouthpiece to speak from. They avidly spread bullshit for no other reason than reaction.

Go to a shrink then. If the thoughts are intrusive get help before it's too late.

Thoughts are nothing. It's what we do with them that matters. Just don't act. I have them a lot i.e running through scenarios in my head where I kill people.

OP here.

I had to go look that word up. Honestly that sounds extremely close to what I experience.

sir you should not kill random people

unless they're niggers because of course niggers aren't actually people, they're like a whole different species

personally i think it's most likely that niggers were like the indigenous people of earth and that white people came from outer space and took the earth over, because that makes much more sense to me

have you ever thought about that OP? think about it, so much logic there

Think about it a little more. Think about how easy it will be for other people to kill you in those same situations

that's just what edgar allen poe called "the imp of perverseness" it usually means you're bored. you want something exciting to happen bad or good so your mind wanders to almost shooting your wife or pushing someone down the stairs, just thinking about it gives you a slight buzz. as long as you stay conscious of it you'll be fine

That might honestly be a good way of diffusing those thoughts.

I concur with this. Stress is probably a factor but in general his happens to everyone. You're only in danger not acting on them if you start to rationalize them. I've had similar thoughts about killing people a lot, but I also think about how I don't want to be dead or on prison over some idiotic shit fit. That's the measure of a rational person.

Well I'm glad I'm not officially batshit insane, yet. I think I might still get an evaluation, just to be sure.