The point of Kevin Durant joining the Warriors was to ____

The point of Kevin Durant joining the Warriors was to ____

give himself the highest perceived chance of winning a championship ring or rings.

weaken the Thunder.

The Warriors need KD more than KD needs the Warriors you stupid fucking millennial

Literally no reason, he shoulda went to the Celtics.

prove he's the best in the league after lebron

Where's he gonna go after he opts out this season? Now that he gave up $82 million and his bird rights, money is the same everywhere

Piss off anyone who isn't a millenial.

Clearly worked.

KD isn't a millennial?

breaking the curse

Not become Charles Barkley 2.0, nobody wants to be him.

I take it "millennial" is the favorite new buzzword for you faggots around here.

prevent lebron from scoring 30 ppg in the finals.

Millennials are pretty bad tho

Aren't they basically born from early 1980s to early 2000s though, wouldn't that be pretty much everyone here?

...win the championship this year. Cavs fan but I think the Warriors will win the rematch in the finals this time.

No one outside of Oakland thinks they're actually going to win it all either

Vegas has them at negative odds to win it all

Win

Live in the best part of the country
>inb4 flyovers and east coast faggots get mad

That's not LA or New York

They are, but Sup Forums is retarded.

Are you trying to imply people here aren't fags?

To get away from the shithole that is oklahoma

these
a major upgrade over Harrison Barnes and the way Kerr staggered the starters minutes before
KD got hurt was pretty good, KD effectively leading the second unit was a good look

true

If KD stayed in OKC, OKC would've won the NBA finals

copy Shaq as a career ring-chaser but without the talent or ability to be the team workhorse

>Shaq
>Talent
No, fuck you. Shaq was a size baby

exactly, and KD can't even lean on that crutch

what a busted-ass "All-Star"

Why does no one give this much of a shit about LaMarcus Aldridge joining the Spurs?

because he's not a top 5 player like KD is

But he is like top 20

I think would rather go to cool teammates that are probably usually calm and chill all the time rather than uncool ones that are mad and have an attitude all the time

Portland is irrelevant and it was overshadowed

>Draymond
>not having an attitude
>not mad

Yeah lol

they're people who came of age at the turn of the century. so early to mid 80s. people here are the first generation that copied their 90s lifestyle.

Why? To ruin the Celtics too?

Nope, that's some shitty new age definition that just started getting popular this past year. People born in the early 80s have nothing in common with the faggots born in the mid 90s / 2000s.

Durant will never win anything ever. He's great at getting stats against shitty teams during an 82 game season, he's a soft ass bitch who shrinks in big games and will never be an elite player when it actually matters.

I don't understand why people on this board are so mad about this. It doesn't matter why he chose the warriors, what matters is that he did. The decision was made a long time ago, and bitching about it isn't going to bring him to your team. He obviously thought of all the options, he doesn't care that he could've made $80 million more if he had stayed, he doesn't care that other teams could be favorites if he went there instead, he went to the warriors after weighing all the options. This fucking site I swear.

coattail to a title

Yeah but what has he done to make the NBA more entertaining?

And OKC made him into the player he is today, moron

"Making the NBA more entertaining" isn't what influenced him to pick the warriors, dumbass. Also, no, OKC didn't make him into the player he is, OKC was holding him back from winning a ring, something which Westbrook will never do.

>OKC was holding him back from winning a ring

Yeah drafting Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka, and giving him all the privacy he needed was really holding him back

And OKC drafted him

take the easy way out

Man us Thunder fans don't even want this fucking snake choking faggot back

He added nothing to the Thunder. We're still in the playoffs

Leaving the franchise that drafted you and with whom you became a superstar after 9 seasons for the team of which that final season of you choked to in the WCF is a fuckin bitch move and demoralizing to the city and to fans of the game that don't rank having super teams as their favorite thing about the NBA. Anyone would have the right to be mad at that you retard

People aren't allowed to be negative about the spuds

huh, sounds familiar.

Face it, your "team" will be starving for any star players after Westbrook books it.

Except Westbrook is never leaving

And has lead the Thunder to a 45+ win season.

>Except Westbrook is never leaving

Except he wants a ring, and playing by himself won't give him one. But it will be tough since I don't see many people wanting to go play at OKC or with him.

>LA
It is a shithole

alright lads

never really understood basketball

do the players decide where they're going to move to or does the club? Or does the federation? Very confusing.

And is it true you don't even have relegation or promotion? And is that because of the size of the US? i.e. it wouldn't make sense when weighing up the pros of promotion/relegation vs the distances people have to travel and shit?

Yes to all your questions.

Teams sign players to contracts. Teams can trade their players with each other while their contracts are in effect but once the contract expires, the player becomes a free agent and gets to sign with whoever he wants. Some players either sign with their current team before their contract concludes, while other players wait for free agency to make a decision.

The league (not the federation) does not make decisions on which players play for which teams.

And I don't really know what you mean by relegation/promotion, but hopefully everything else cleared things up.

The good thing about basketball as opposed to other popular sports in europe like soccer or tennis is that there is only one league (the NBA) worth paying attention to.

If he really wanted a ring he'd be focusing on winning games instead of chasing triple doubles. Also OKC has god awful management so any player who wants to do something worthwhile with their career has to leave.

They traded away Harden, dumbass. All because they were too cheap to field a championship team. He went to a team that he knew would provide him the best chance to win a ring.

Yeah, no chance winning on this team, so he may as well chase triple-doubles.

Aldridge is from Texas.

If Durant went to Spurs it'd be understandable, because he's at least beaten the spurs.

Actually Seattle drafted him

Millennial faggot to the millennial faggot team fits like a glove

Did KD need the Warriors more than the Warriors needed KD?

This. The Celtics are his best option if he wants to salvage his legacy (if he even cares about that).

He'd be the face of a franchise for once, and would have to go through LeBron to reach the promised land. The Celtics are the best team for a "superstar" to join right now if they want to win a ring without it looking like they're just dickriding a team that would have won a championship regardless.

But it may even be too late for that, if the Celtics draft Fultz with the #1 pick and he becomes the next Paul Pierce (or better).

win championship. They will threepeat.

Because he has the greatest probability of winning a championship with the Warriors.

I mean, are you all fucking deluded? This guy is fucking RICH AND FAMOUS. Could have got $80 more elsewhere? The guy is fucking RICH AND FAMOUS. Coulda gone to another team and been the star player? The guy is fucking RICH AND FAMOUS.

All this guy cares about if winning a ring, and I congratulate him for that. He doesn't owe the NBA or any team a cent of their interest. The guy is out to fucking win. This is sports. If you don't understand his mentality you literally shouldn't be on this board. Fuck off to man drama where your feelings count for something.

Without Durant, GSW stands no chance against the playoffs MechaLeBron.

Oh so you've made $82 million, right?

You take the money 11/10 times

Money is all that matters

No one cares about rings. Money = happiness. Most people judge each other in terms of money

Absolutely no point

Yeah, but instead of competing you'll be on the first boat out of here.

I wouldn't leave either. He gets to play me-ball all day long and win or lose somebody will be willing to suck his dick.

He'll be shat on for ring chasing the same way LeBron was shat on for ring chasing.

If he keeps chasing Triple Doubles they will continue having no chance. Why would anyone with talent wanna go to the Westbrook show where they would know that their possession time would be limited. Westbrook's playing style has to be a turn off to top free agents.

We probably would, but we're not Durant fag.

Further kill the NBA

This the game thread?

Sure.

increase the number of overdoses in OKC. Hopefully it's working.

Develop to the maximum a way of playing and understanding basketball. Durant, Curry and Iguodala used to go practice shooting on their own during 2010 FIBA World Cup and talked about it. Now we know it as the GSW: the intense run and gun basketball that actually got a ring, something that before it was deemed as impossible. That related to his role as a professional player.

From a personal point of view, his days in Oklahoma where never meant for him. The league tried to make him some kind of villian, the "everyone-is-against-us" OKC mindset which Westbrook is a hardliner. He's more of media-shy guy interested mostly in the game than the buzz, legacy and all the stuff that nba nerds are into. Seems he gets along great with the Warriors and, c'mon, 90% of people who are not autists from this board would prefer Bay Area over OKC.

The Bay Area isn't as interntionally relevant or known as OKC

When should I expect the Seahawks?

By destroying the Warriors, be it cap space or remove players for kd.

Then KD will leave GS and head back to statbooks and finally take the West as KD will succeed in sabotaging GS

Basically playing 5d chess

Pretty much this.

if Lonzo Ball doesn't get drafted #1 overall that GM should immedaitely be fired. It'll go down forever as could've had Ball instead of "X-scrub"

Here's your (You), friend

Wall is the most overhyped prospect in a long time and Fultz is clearly the best pick. I can't believe how many people buy into E!SPN hype. Ball isn't even as talented as John Wall was

*ball is the most overhyped prospect

Go to sleep, LaVar.

Fuck KD

KD is a victim of darkmeme warfare
it's a no-win for him

>arguably the second best player in the league, going into his prime, joins arguably the best player in the league and the best regular season team in history
>vs a great power forward joining a team thats going to lose two of its most important players in team history

You can't win shit with Westbrick in your team

He carried OKC to the NBA finals at the age of 23. The problem was always Westbrick shooting to much and heroballing

because waaaah losing hurts and im a crybaby. i need an organization and a culture to carry me, instead of the other way around. regardless of the fact im a generational player, i need a whole army of people to support me so i can have my all-important feel-good from winning not just NBA games and NBA playoff series, but NBA titles. you know, the thing only 1 out of 30 teams can actually have every year.

because im an entitled millennial.

The Celtics don't have a championship team. If they get Hayward and someone else they could compete though

It is impossible to compete against LeBeta and his super expensive superteams without forming a superteam yourselve. The Cavs are the most expensive team in history and have signed 4 players in this regular season alone

>It is impossible to compete against LeBeta and his super expensive superteams
Meanwhile Lelbron has forced his GM to gut the defense and has now gone full cancer-mode and is tearing his team apart

>best pick
>can't even lead his team to the NCAA Tourney
I thought we learned from the Simmons fiasco

trading harden was a basketball move. you can't have three guys who NEED the ball. a team can't exist when three guys are legitimately top ten players in the league and are almost entirely offensive players. especially when they are all so young.
the shame is they couldn't get a more established player in return. adams was part of that trade though, yes? nice player.
keeping harden wasn't going to bring them to a ring. disagree, be wrong. basketball watchers really are the lowest level of fan.

Terrible b8, here's your (you)