Every Beatles song before Revolver is equivalent to a One Direction song. They're fucking awful pop songs

Every Beatles song before Revolver is equivalent to a One Direction song. They're fucking awful pop songs

>Love Me Do
>bad
pleb

Well some people do think the Beatles were the original boy band

Not true considering their early stuff had vocal harmonizationss that were innovative

Help
You've got to hide your love away
I've just seen a a face
Yesterday
A hard days night
If i fell
Day tripper
And i love her
We can work it out
all of fucking rubber soul

boy are you retarded

>all of fucking rubber soul
this user has it.

not all, but big part of it

However you also have to look in perspective - we are talking about groundbreaking stuff at the time

I respect them for paving the way, not for making amazing music

I know this is bait but jesus christ

What are you on about faggot?! There early works have some great guitar work on it.
all my loving has a great rythm guitar and harmony.

John Lennon beat his wife, did any 1D members assaulted anyone?

Checkmate.

The problem here is people thinking one direction is bad

They had all taken lsd before Rubber Soul released. Before that they were totally the first boy band

Everything in this post is wrong.

Stop posting

Whats wrong?

The accuracy of both your statements

Care to correct me on my first statement? assuming you know what youre talking about..
My 2nd statement is just an opinion

>Care to correct me on my first statement?
Paul didn't take it until 1967. Last time I checked, Rubber Soul came out in 1965

Sup Forums will defend derivative 60s pop if it has The Beatles' name on it. Prove me wrong.

Why does beatles threads always have to be so cancerous?

He's literally snorting coke

>"If I Needed Someone" exists
>Nobody ever mentions it
why does Sup Forums hate George :(

Before the Beatles, rock was a simple dance music. Any time you hear a chord in a major key rock song beyond a basic I IV V progression, the Beatles did it first (See Help! and Rubber Soul). Anytime you hear a rock song modulate to a new key, the Beatles did it first (Day Tripper). Anytime you hear a time signature change in a rock song, the Beatles did it first (Rain). Anytime you hear a drummer have compositional input in a song as more than just a time keeper, the Beatles did it first (Rubber Soul). Anytime you hear most forms of studio wizardry, the Beatles did it first (Sgt. Pepper's, Rain, others). Proto-Metal? The Beatles did it first (Helter Skelter), with some help from Hendrix. Psychadelic rock? The Beatles did it first (Revolver). Noise rock? The Beatles did it first (Tomorrow Never Knows). Symphonic pop? The Beatles did it first (Eleanor Rigby). Electronic music? The Beatles did it first (Revolution 9). Ambient music? The Beatles did it first (Revolution 9). Anytime you hear distortion play a key role in music, the Beatles did it first (I feel Fine). Anytime you hear a drummer play in matched grip or mic a bass drum, Ringo did it first. Anytime you hear strange instrumentation in a pop or rock song, the Beatles did it first (Norwegian Wood). Anytime you hear sophisticated lyrics in rock music, you can thank the Beatles (Help!, Rubber Soul), with some help from Dylan. Anytime you hear themes or concept albums, you can thank the Beatles (Sgt. Pepper's), with some help from the Beach Boys. The Beatles paved the way for EVERYONE, from the Kinks to Zappa.

I'm sure this is bait, but you do realize that one of the key differences here is that they wrote their own pop tunes, right? 'Rock & Roll' was 'dead' (Chuck arrested, Buddy dying, Elvis joins the army), and the likes of Bobby Vinton (who didn't write their hits) were the kind of teen idols you'd see on Billboard. Shit man, people thought guitar based music was dead at that point, and The Beatles came in and showed you that you can write your own shit and not be a conventionally attractive teenage-heart throb to make it in music.

This is true.

This is bait, and not good bait if i may add.

it's obviously a joke you fucking retard, not everything has to be bait

Think of better jokes, you failed abortion faggot
Shitty bait too

This is the opposite of what your opinion should be.

I'm not the guy who posted it you retarded troglodyte, but anyone with half a brain can identify that post as a joke.
kys

The last 3 albums have legitimately good songs on there

"meet the beatles" / "With the Beatles" and a variety of different singles pre revolver are pretty great. Not all are good of course but "she loves you" has an amazing melody and crunchy guitar sound

>just because it's not some avant garde experimental shit it's bad
fuck off
Merseybeat Beatles are top tier Pop music

this isn't bait. we love that he beat women.

If I Needed Someone is probably the best song on Rubber Soul, alongside You Won't See Me, with a honorable mention to I'm Looking Through You. God I love those songs.

I know this is bait, but you're getting factual stuff wrong relating to The Beatles. I Wanna Hold Your Hand switches the progression when going from verse to chorus from G-D-Em-C to G-D-Em-B7, so there's that.

Also noise rock - Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere by The Who has a noise rock segment halfway through the song and that came out in 1965.

So Yesterday, Day Tripper, Ticket To Ride, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and Rubber Soul is One Direction tier?

You're taking the piss on these did it firsts. some of them are wrong or just redundant; though you are correct on the important ones.

Merseybeat to early folksy Beatles were actually quite excellent, honestly. You do have to acknowledge that this is basically pop rock music, but that's not inherently a bad thing given that's pretty much the point of The Beatles, it's not like you're going in for some really, really heavy stuff. There's very noticeable signs of just how refined their composition was. That said, it's pretty much off the back of John there even if Paul has some highlights, Paul really only starts picking up around Beatles for Sale.

honest Q: did LSD save music?

>Yellow Submarine and Let It Be being better than A Hard Day's Night, Beatles for Sale, Help!, and Rubber Soul

I want to hold your hand is the best pop song ever
I don't care to be a pleb fag
i like that fuckin song

Nah, Beatlemania is the final Beatle pill. Some of their finest tracks are from the albums up to Rubber Soul.

All I've Got to Do
She's a Woman
I'll Follow the Sun
No Reply
I'm a Loser
I Feel Fine
The entirety of Help!

I could go on, there are so many songs and once you get bored of their "good" material of the mid-late 60s you will invariably find yourself going back to the Beatlemania era and rediscovering how excellent it was.

>Yellow Submarine

beatles never made a good song. it's generic and soulless pop of that time

This is the only bait that grnuunley annoys me and gets me to reply every time. Fuck off and die in a fire you retarded piece of shit.

Don't EVER, and I mean EVER compare pre-Revolver Beatles to One Direction! If you don't like it, fine. It's a matter of opinion, but DON'T EVER insult The Beatles that way again!

This could've been a good discussion about The Beatles then THIS meme shit poster shows up!

It's true you know

Kill yourselves

In my opinion, their most commercial period was also their most energetic, and where they played most like a tightly-knit band. I actually enjoy their early stuff more than their latter half.

>I have no taste and can't appreciate good song writing

Alright.

Rubber Soul > Revolver tho

this user gets it

>all of fucking rubber soul

I firmly believe that Norwegian Wood is secretly the most underrated of Beatles songs.