Does Sup Forums like U2?

No.

Yes
Hating indiscriminately on U2 is the most Reddit opinion a person can have. U2 from their formation until either just before or just after the turn of the century were a great band.

Pleb detected

(you)

What are you trying to say

better stick to innovative and groundbreaking music like death grips and swans my dude haha XD

their early stuff is ok yeah

Fuck off shilling this momcore band

(you)

I actually never cared to go deep in them, is there something worth listening to?

No, dads are shilling lately. Theyre trash

Yes, seeing them tonight in KC. I'm mostly going to see Beck open, but U2 has some pretty good songs (with or without you, one, bad, streets have no name). A lot of good songs actually

They were good until bono realized he didn't actually have to make new music and started recycling

They rose up in the late 70s alongside and directly influenced by a myriad of post-punk acts, worked with Brian Eno and Martin Hannett, played shows with This Heat, The Fall, and Mission of Burma, got Einstürzende Neubauten to open for them at the height of their fame, and did the whole "OK Computer -> Kid A" thing several years before Radiohead. Oh and their guitarist once made a collaborative album with the members of Can and PiL featuring contributions from Arthur Russell.

It's pretty widely accepted they made great albums in the 80s and 90s and disseminated their influence pretty widely. Not just your Coldplay and the Killers, but Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Kanye West too. Hell, even Mac Demarco and Father John Misty have been known to break out the occasional U2 cover.

Meant tomorrow btw

I like achtung baby and war a lot

y-you too

They rose up in the late 70s alongside and directly influenced by a myriad of post-punk acts, worked with Brian Eno and Martin Hannett, played shows with This Heat, The Fall, and Mission of Burma, got Einstürzende Neubauten to open for them at the height of their fame, and did the whole "OK Computer -> Kid A" thing several years before Radiohead. Oh and their guitarist once made a collaborative album with the members of Can and PiL featuring contributions from Arthur Russell.
>It's pretty widely accepted they made great albums in the 80s and 90s and disseminated their influence pretty widely. Not just your Coldplay and the Killers, but Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Kanye West too. Hell, even Mac Demarco and Father John Misty have been known to break out the occasional U2 cover.

Not a fan. As a guitarist, I find Edge really irritating.
He uses delay like a cheat for faster sounding riffs rather than a nice occasional effect.

is this a copy pasta now? I've seen it in practically every thread mentioning U2

I don't hate U2 at all, but they are now a poor mans Rolling Stones circa 1994, ie a once occasionally decent band whose shelf life was up over 10 years ago. Bono now sounds like he has been castrated with a rusty chainsaw. I wouldn't say they never made a decent album because they did, Achtung Baby, The Unforgettable Fire and The Joshua Tree are good albums. Even their shit albums have some really good tunes though. So No I don't hate U2 but I do wish they would fuck off and never come back.