How is this so unique? I haven't heard anything like this from ae or anyone else. they've reinvented themself here...

how is this so unique? I haven't heard anything like this from ae or anyone else. they've reinvented themself here, and I can't imagine anyone even pretending to imitate the music here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTfu-xqyPy4&t=308s
youtube.com/watch?v=lYSEtGhHLyw
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21231-arca-mutant/
pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21950-elseq-1-5/
youtu.be/kVzVtpoX_CI
youtube.com/watch?v=JYD_7etGCrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=aKxPhAb6OMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably their convoluted Max/MSP setup. They've described it as a very modular, AI-like setup. It sounds unlike anything I've heard other artists doing.
Also 20 plus years of experience.

Because they're probably the most advanced electronic musicians of today, literally no one today does what Autechre are doing now.

Also, waiting for the soundboards lads.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTfu-xqyPy4&t=308s

>Because they're probably the most advanced electronic musicians of today
Truly the Dream Theater of our era, but for electronic music

Is that sarcasm?

No, they're the exact equivalent but in a different genre

they're what kraftwerk wish they were

Generally anyone using something like Max/MSP wants to develop their own individual approach. Autechre aren't the only ones doing this kind of thing, but most others are in academia.

the consistently unique sound design is the really shocking part

like compare feed1, eastre, mesh cinereal, and spaces how v

Post-2000 Dream Theater are just bad, and they're generally not equally god as Ae.

>synth modulations

>unique

Jesus Christ this board is gone for shit, a bunch of idiots gassing up megatons of garbage

post something on par with ae
>inb4 arca and pan sonic

you dont have to reinvent an entire process to make unique sounds mate

I get it: the methodology has already been set in place by early electronic musicians, but to apply it to dance and glitch music in such a way is what makes it unique

>Arca
Jesus christ

eh, you probably should dig into academic computer music

what a fucking musical illiterate, why is so easy to impress shallow people?

wtf any homeless can be considered an artist now,thank god for America

what's wrong with arca? I don't think you have a legitimate critique

youtube.com/watch?v=lYSEtGhHLyw

nice

look mere followers

Aetechre fell off they're washed. Aphex Twin and Amon Tobin is miles ahead of them. Even Flying Lotus.

Arca is even better, a truly innovative artist. Bjork depends on him to keep pushing pop music boundaries.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21231-arca-mutant/

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/21950-elseq-1-5/

Ae makes unenjoyable bland amalgaments of eletronic... this is getting worse.

Every time I see someone shit on elseq or Autechre they are either unable to back their talk up with an artist that's doing equally innovative stuff or they are trolling. Both are apparent in this topic.

I actually study electronic and electroacoustic music at the academy, so I know what I'm saying.

Post someone more relevant and visionary than Autechre in electronic music today. Go.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please tell me you're joking, this is not possible. The state of this board is miserable and ridiculous.

I'm not shitting on Autechre but I'm somewhat disappointed that they didn't keep moving in more abstraction directions along the lines of Confield. Generally I'd rather listen to musique concrete.

>relevant
To whom? Obviously Autechre have a bigger audience than any academic composer.

I think Paul Lansky, Jean-Claude Risset, Denis Smalley, Francois Bayle, Bernard Parmegiani, Francis Dhomont, Barry Truax, Jonty Harrison, etc. are generally more interesting. Although I'm aware that Autechre also get a lot of respect in academia.

admittedly though that stuff kind of peaked in the 80s

thats p cool man, are you doing your degree in computer music or something?

Arca is literally Autechre mixed with Pan Sonic and watered-down for politically correct poptimist teens. His sound manipulation is kitsch to say the least and his use of noise is absolutely tasteless.

elseq was more rhythmically freeform than confield

A (You) for a (You).
Now go ahead and make your own track as impressive and well designed as anything from elseq.

trying a bit too hard there, mate

but oversteps and quaristice were both really good

Sam and Bob are not homeless.

this is meaningless

I think they'd be more interesting if they weren't rhythmic at all.

meh

Degree in washable electronics.

I can say to you that Autechre are literally seen as pioneers in the academic world today, as well as the composers you cited, that I admire a lot, I actually study them in class.

In the realm of Max and Super Collider programming Autechre have no pairs at the moment, people always make the same things with these softwares, they cannot make musical ingenious things like they do, they miss something.

post some academic analysis of their work

I dunno I think this guy does pretty well
youtu.be/kVzVtpoX_CI
there's a lot of interesting sound design going on here

Movement as Perception: Bergson, Deleuze, and Hybridity Between Electroacoustic and Intelligent Dance Music

Got something that isn't behind a paywall?

>bruh, post something academic
>b-but that's behind a paywall
Most academic journal stuff tends to be like this. My college account unfortunately doesn't offer that, but maybe yours might.

That's pretty tame compared to elseq though. Also the stuff in this video is far better than the rest of the album.

>Now go ahead and make your own track as impressive and well designed as anything from elseq.

My discography already surpassed Aetechre friend.

I'm competing with Aphex Twin, Brian Eno and J Dilla.

I don't care about washed overrated elder modulators. They're not a deal. I don't about hacks who fell off grace

Some idiot here said hes 'academic', what a fucking buzzword, this don't legitimate your poor taste idiot.

So you're competing with inferior artists who are nowhere near as creative nor innovative? Gotcha.

Uiirrr... a simply google search can bring to light a paper taking on the music of any relatively know musician, WOW WOW.
So academic man.

He asked for an academic analysis, that's one that does so for Gantz Graf in the context of comparisons with electroacoustic music. This is very different from other pop music analysis which only tends to be cultural than musical.

For you the world is habited only by two music makers.

>*25:00 minute song with synth fuckery*
>retard: "DAMNN... SO AVANTGARDISS better than these mainstream shittt"

*breath in*
AH....

It's not haphazard stuff though, you can hear it change as it goes along. On those longer tracks especially where the detail is far more minute and subtle thus not being synth fuckery at all. At least they do actual stuff with the music ya know. You brought up Brian Eno who's often not even willing to put minute changes in his long tracks until much later, making lazy stuff. Then there's J Dilla who wasn't creative enough to give entirely new contexts to samples and played them pretty straightforward. Or Aphex who's more content to sticking to standard structure.

Theres no credible scientific source saying Aetechfedeere is above all the 21st century composers/producers friend!

Your stanning is embarrrrassing.

I compare you to 'prince of denmark' fans

>*50 minutes standard techno beat*
>hipster faggot: "OMG HES AHEAD OF OUR TIME"

>scientific source
>in art

Study some more retard.

>Theres no credible scientific source saying Aetechfedeere is above all the 21st century composers/producers friend!
Nobody said this though and I wasn't trying to say that? How mentally retarded do you have to be?

>Theres no credible scientific source saying Aetechfedeere is above all the 21st century composers/producers friend!
What? I don't think you understand how this stuff works. That's not the role of academic writing at all.

I don't consider them in high reguard, they're people who are standing in podium made by the critics
that means $$$ alot

Aphex Twin trendmarks is the definition of unique, in terms of fitting pop sensibilities and he uses his vault very well

J Dilla was a great music selector and cutter and merger. He probaly had bot enough money for equipment.

Brian Eno tricked millions of people thats an amazing feat.

elseq was incredible samey, had its moments but lost its energy, too sparsed, its turned into a gimmick, they should abreviatte.

Post some of your amazing work then or fuck off and LARP somewhere else. What you're saying means nothing to anyone without backing.

But we aren't talking about accessibility.

>Aphex
I won't deny that, but his stuff is nowhere near as unique as Autechre's, even more so considering how influential Richard's approach has to be to other electronic musicians.
>J Dila
That's all technical though. Nothing about creativity.
>Eno
Lmao

>elseq was incredible samey
If you had shitty ears. Like, I am not gonna lie that a lot of the tracks on it at first sounded samey to me, too somewhat. But

>too sparsed
This is actually not true at all and the more you pay attention the more ridiculously dense the record actually becomes. It's not that it's too sparse, but that it's too much of the opposite which often has people latch onto the poppier beat oriented tracks on the record.

Now you're beyond pathetic.
You should consider taking a look at what certain publications said about elseq, because these oublication filter alot of music submition, generallynonly the noteworthy work comes to the surface and absolutely no one praised Elseq, besides maybe Resident Advisor who overrates any 'old dog' in the electronic realm

>watered-down for politically correct poptimist teens
don't choke on your redpills buddy

But that's just appeal to false authority. Not only is it illogical, it's even more illogical in this case because this wouldn't be the first time these publications were unable to grasp music like this. Like, if you wanna go this path, go read up reviews on RYM for any post-Confield record Autechre's done, and you'll see the same pattern of people saying how much they hated the album when they first heard it only to fall in love about a year later. This kind of music is far more dense and unconventional than most everything these sites review.

Friend Radiohead literally absorved Aphex Twin style into the Ok Computer abd Kid A. Kid A and Ok Computer are considered in some hysteric venues as 'goat' albums. Besides all these overrated shit, Richard is the defibition of unique.

You should see music as an whole. Idiot. Mozart made the whole. You think someones like Richard can't blown the fuck out hacks kike Aetchere?
drop your white flag already

Also Brian Eno, is on everywhere literally.

Niggas talk about my old shit, buy my old albums

I literally gave Aphex his credit as an influential person why can't you read?

I am looking at the whole, that's why I am saying what I am and loosing at the closer details to get ALL of it. God you autists are too fucking dense. Go back from where you came from, because it's increasingly getting obvious you either just started posted on Sup Forums recently or you came from another more autistic board.

Totally the opposite, people today are much more critical about music releases thats why review sites and agregrators exploded and any retard thinks they're Christigau, on wanting to have a fame giving albums scores

The mass now have a concept of what is great and what breaks the boundaries, people are avant-seekers now. No album truly innovative would be ignored these days.

Even average Chuck Person 'eccojams' and Phoral Shoppe vektroid marked a period in the 2010's

I was posting it as an example of something that's both proficient and not really imitative. Although maybe it just owes more to electroacoustic music.

>Also the stuff in this video is far better than the rest of the album.
I don't think so, but whatever

Again, you have to be really dull to rely your music opinion on others to have a view, that's the real pathetic aspect of you as a listener. Music criticism if far behind to catch up with music like the one of artists like Autechre, and surely Autechre never gave any importance to what pop criticism says about their music.

Electronic artists like Aphex Twin gain more score because they made literally the same thing for 20 years, never going out the safe zone and selling the product to the masses, which is exactly the opposite Autechre have always done during their career, pushing the boundaries and experimenting.

>Go back from where you came from, because it's increasingly getting obvious you either just started posted on Sup Forums recently or you came from another more autistic board.
I dunno, there have been plenty of Sup Forums regulars who have been at least that retarded.

I mean this guy is retarded as fuck, but he's no Jbenitex.

So tell your dad Aetechre to make something good pop friendly album if they're really outhere better than others.

Laughs.

Making good pop music is more complex than making modulation variations or copying pasting 45 minutes of tape synth loops with skightly changes

>Totally the opposite, people today are much more critical about music releases thats why review sites and agregrators exploded and any retard thinks they're Christigau, on wanting to have a fame giving albums scores
Where did I say otherwise? What level of dyslexic autism do you have for this to matter at all?

>The mass now have a concept of what is great and what breaks the boundaries
Not at all. If this was true, pop music industry wouldn't still be the mastodon it is. People like you would be able to actually quantify aspects of the music instead of illogical bullshit like appeal to authority/group.

>Autechre never gave any importance to what pop criticism says about their music.
Lies lies lies. They care TOO MUCH thats why they submit to publicatiobs adress shit. A good score sell albums.

And Aphex didn't made the same music, he progressed in terms of layers and approachs in his style that he shaped in decades

>So tell your dad Aetechre to make something good pop friendly album if they're really outhere better than others.
They can if they wanted to. It's easy as shit to do that. There's a reason that stuff is considered cliche.
>Making good pop music is more complex than making modulation variations or copying pasting 45 minutes of tape synth loops with skightly changes
Cool, but nothing Autechre has done is the latter.
Maybe it's because I am growing older, but it just feels like this place got more autistic after it was doing fine when a lot of the attention whore tripfags left around mid 2015.

>people are avant-seekers now
no, not really, they still only want something novel within very narrowly defined limits

Aphex has been making the same dnb/breakcore inspired IDM since RDJ album but with slight variations. Autechre is doing far more versatile and abstract stuff.
>Lies lies lies. They care TOO MUCH thats why they submit to publicatiobs adress shit. A good score sell albums.
Not at all. Look at how they have marketed their records and how they are sold.

You're the one lying, don't know why. Autechre don't care anymore about selling and scores, their purpose is to experiment with sound and their headspaces, they already have their fanbase and all the respect they needed. If they cared why their music is becoming ever more complex and complex instead of becoming more friendly and safe to sell?

look it up through sci-hub

You're deluded. Pause your blinded imbecility and just accept that are alot of nore interesting new things every year ahead of what Aetechre made.

You're too attached at one monolith, its like they're your team or your husband.

Thats fucking trumped in a memetic perspective. You sound like someone who don't believe on the moond landing

>They can if they wanted to.
Legit laughed here.

Would sound exatly lile the billy idol cyberpunk album a cornball attempt.

Ikr I'm only reading this thread for fun. Nothing a stranger on Sup Forums ever says will make me stop listening to one of my favorite music groups ever.

this post is double retarded. please show me where these "hipster faggots" claim PoD is the messiah -- pretty sure the consensus is that he/she makes straight ahead but very well-crafted techno. Discogs craziness is another story

generally they only review people who PR their albums to them, so they're 140% interested on this

Aphex have made more varied music than Autechre in the last 17 years.

dude they're not some Diplo they're starving and needs to sells some obscure merch and some more box releases with 4 albums each containiing 36 minutes songs that nobody will hear in 5 weeks

aphex has been creatively bankrupt since rdj album

i'm sort of glad not that many people know ae and stick to generic overrated electronic stuff such as richard james, deadmouse, boc etc.

literally on everything place which is possible to comment or reviews theres PoDezets leveling him up

>Replies: 76
>Posters: 15
Just listen to it more, or stop listening to it if you're hopeless.

Richard literally birthed trap rap. Shut up. Hes pretty synonimous of IDM though.

>prince of denmark
Not even /bleep/ circlejerks over him anymore.

t. /bleep/ ambassador

God I love how the sole existence of these threads gets aphex tween fanboys butthurt to the max. They always feel obliged to post something hilariously absurd about their idol, only making the fanbase look bad.

please once more in English. do you mean that people write positive reviews for his music? lol. your stupid reduction to "50 minutes of techno beat" could be applied to just about anyone in the genre. maybe you just dislike techno, which is fine.

This is meaningless as you presented nothing other than "le so deluded". Come up with actual talking points, quantify how Autechre doesn't deserve praise, etc.
Or something really warm and comfy like their earlier stuff?
>generally they only review people who PR their albums to them, so they're 140% interested on this
Not at all? Like, sure maybe Warp advertised their record, but that's more on Warp than it is Autechre.
>Aphex have made more varied music than Autechre in the last 17 years.
Not at all since it's all a variation on the same thing rather than really messing around with timbres and layers. I like Syro because it's the most detailed thing Aphex has ever done, but even that falls in the detail category compared to the tracks in elseq.

What must happen for Autechre to release a compilation or boxset of demos and unreleased tracks from their pre-Chiastic Slide era?

I know they mentioned in the WATMM q&a they had a whole album of Cavity Job-esque material planned that they had to scrap because it didn't fit Warp's vision for their Artificial Intelligence album series, also they have a bunch of Anti EP-esque tracks that they uses to playe live that remain unreleased to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYD_7etGCrQ

>Arca
>miles ahead
this faggot just released a remix and guess what.
>PRETENTIOUS AS FUCK WITH FAG NOISES
youtube.com/watch?v=aKxPhAb6OMA

For the most part I doubt anyone really needs to hear that shit. Especially stuff like Cavity Job. Lego Feet was reissued with bonus material and it mostly sucked.

Liking an artist doesn't mean you need to hear every fart they ever recorded.

richard, please, stop posting. we understand you're very special. we really care. just don't shit in every single bleep thread.

Huh?

I care, frig off buddy.

holy fuck I didn't know async "remodels" were being released thank you so much user

you're god damn right

I wasn't the original person asking for it. Just a curious person. Also >implying I'm young enough to still be in college.
Thanks.

nah I see his stuff spammed pretty often on pd and it all just seems kind of detivative of each other

like I think it's cool but not fun to listen to for long

>like I think it's cool but not fun to listen to for long
if the topic of discussion is avant garde electronic music, I don't think "fun to listen to" is really the point

>no bars are the same
>Whoa........

yeah I regret making this thread at this point

this board isn't old enough for civil discussion

you can enjoy avant garde music. and it's not like he's doing something ground breaking, it sounds like a lot of the generative music that came after confield