It's definitely not perfect, but it's the best album of all time

It's definitely not perfect, but it's the best album of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

yes

agreed, it's certainly the best album in history but still only a 9.5/10, humanity still waits for a true 10/10 to be released

I hate you all

Your average music listener can name potential best albums of all time like Revolver, DSOTM, London Calling, Sgt Peppers, Exile on Main Street, Pet Sounds, Velvet Underground and Nico, Nevermind etc

But they have never heard of this one. How can it be the best album of all time?

Why would the opinion of average music listeners determine the best album of all time?

Intellectual music listeners (1 million in the whole world) - Trout Mask Replica, Starsailor, Pulse Demon, Hosianna Mantra

Intelligent music listeners (600 million in the whole world) - Revolver, DSOTM, Ok Computer, Nevermind

>Intelligent music listeners
>into babby's first prog DSOTM and babby's first pop Revolver
very funny

>Pulse Demon
Name Five {5} other Merzbow albums you have listened to. It's one of his more mediocre releases.

>Pulse Demon

wut

>you: revolver, london calling, sgt pepper
>me, an intellectual: here are some kind of obscure albums i know lol but theyre the most entry level shit and also not that good

I get it, and I can listen to it fine, but it's really just ok. It's an album I respect more than really like.

>Pulse Demon

Noise is a meme pitchfork-core genre that no one with any shred of actual musical taste or appreciation would place as one of the "greatest albums of all time"

Top 5 all time for sure. Decals is top 10 for me as well.

definitely up there with tyler the creator's debut album

nah

Im bump this even though van vliet was a major cunt

Frownland analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU

totally unaccessible piece of shit. OK Computer is better

Yes

OK Computer (Capitol, 1997) was the album that sanctified their futuristic pop. For about six songs, this is a masterpiece of faux avantgarde (of pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music). The rest is filler.
Airbag is the manifesto of Radiohead's vanity: a psalm warbled in middle-eastern fashion while the guitar strums a raga, a cello fills the harmony with menacing drones, and the drums beat mechanic and synchopated. This tedious litany sets the theme for the rest of the album: Radiohead bridges the Beatles' Sgt Pepper (more precisely The Benefit Of Mr Kite) and latter-day Pink Floyd, chic pop and languid, transcendental living-room psychedelia.
However, the singer's phrasing and the arrangements of Subterranean Homesick Alien hark back to soft-jazz and pop-soul of the 1970s, while the guitar paints Pink Floyd-ian landscapes. The closing The Tourist is the extreme, rarefied version of this technique.

That's just, like, his opinion, man