Climbing Everest next May. I'm used to mountaineering, but I'm genuinely scared. Saved for 4 years to afford it...

Climbing Everest next May. I'm used to mountaineering, but I'm genuinely scared. Saved for 4 years to afford it, and have trained like a mother fucker.

Thoughts? Fucking scared.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntal_Joisher
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do flip

Don't forget to take your flesh light and if necessary drink your own piss.

Good luck

Best of luck user

Most ppl made it with no problem, just don’t push it if the conditions are not optimal

>Thoughts? Fucking scared.

What experience do you have?
Didn't the Hillary Step collapse this Spring?

I don't know why, but I've been crying a lot. I'm used to several day-long hikes, crazy day hikes, all sorts of crazy shit, but this is scaring me immeasurably.

I'm an English professor whose students are the world to me. I'm so worried, but I know I can do it, physically. I trek with 50 lb packs and am used to staying up for 2-3 days without sleep.

I love you

My experience is the Andes and Rockies, most particularly in Colorado.

Altitude ranging from 14-22K feet, but not, obviously, 29K

I hope you’re not a vegan

Which tour operator are you booked with?

great place to die. Imagine the permanent view

Fuck no. I'm not out to make a statement. Fucking climbing to 29K+ feet with bullshit proteins, like beans? Fuck that.

My fear of death has long since gone. I would love it.

I'm undecided between Adventure Consultants and Russel Brice's. $70K. But you get insane quality.

Some Indian companies are like $30K, but it's a $30K ticket to fucking dying.

Best of luck, op. That's a genuine adventure IMHO. Come back in one piece if you can.

I fucking love you. You anons have been everything to me.

You worry me

Are you just really fucking high right now? Or are you preparing to an hero?

Why do something that’s been done by thousands of people, including old people? Lame. You’ll probably die, coming down. Lack of oxygen.

This is an interesting real-world story. You should write about the experience, both going up and when you come down. Going up, it will keep you sane, and once you're down, it will keep you busy and help you recover from the sensory and task overload.

I'm assuming you know what you're doing on the actual climbing front, so you sound like you need morale more than anything else. As an English teacher, remember what you've learned. Remember the spirit of Greece, the Iliad's heroic tales. Remember what Faulkner and Hemingway have taught you about the nature of man's triumph, and how only through proportional hardship is the day won.

Also if you want someone to talk to about this, here's my spare email: [email protected]

Think of all the white folks who have frozen to death up there.

You have to respect the mountain, Make love to the mountain and it will let you live.

Also
youtube.com/watch?v=HU2ftCitvyQ

Bring some gloves!

Don't bring an iPhone x

>inb4 OP becomes green boots 2

OP will become a frozen meatcicle. Hungry climbers will feed off his corpse, for many years.

OP’s gonna die. He’ll fall down the mountain, screaming like a bitch.

You mean paying Sherpas to carry all your gear and drag you up the mountain? Please OP...

4 years of savings to become the next check point on a mountain?

Just don't get summit fever, you can always try and climb it again.

Except a Vegan successfully climbed Everest 2 days before that woman.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuntal_Joisher