This is unironically AOTY. The new The Horrors album might overtake it though

This is unironically AOTY. The new The Horrors album might overtake it though

The massive drop in quality after the first track was insane, without the hype it'd be forgotten about in a week.

Forgettable at best

Really disappointed by this, loved their last album but this is super mediocre IMO, wish it was better.

alter my STATE to get through this DATE

agreed kinda. the shoegaze is amazing

marry me kerri

Like a shittier TOPS with bland captured tracks tier instrumentation

Yeah, I'm feeling a light to decent 9 on this thing, TRAN..

i really don't get the hype over this band.. i mean it's not bad, but what differentiates this from any other above average 2010s era indie pop record?

if this was their first album it would go under the radar and nobody would hear from them again

That's one shit radar.

There is hardly any good indie pop anymore.

do you think if some new band came out with this that you'd see it posted on Sup Forums?

It is my AOTY too but I accept that this is likely a result of me having very narrow music taste in general

Maybe? Obviously a band with an established fanbase is going to get more press on release than a band with no fanbase though.
Molly's a much better lyricist than most others doing the whole indie jangle dream pop thing. What Alvvays get really right though is that they know they make pop music and build on top of that instead of cleaning up bland indie rock and calling it pop. Also Alec is a decently underrated guitarist.

These threads make me feel good because I realize my taste is objectively better than like 90% of Sup Forums. Not even being edgy or pretentious

lmao @ you

>The new The Horrors album might overtake it though

t. poster who knows this applies more to like 50% of threads in the catalog rn

I really like it, can't really defend it beyond saying that though. Probably my 2nd favorite of this year so far, behind Moh Lhean by Why. I'm like 60% sure Julien Baker is going to drop album of the decade though

yall really not gonna post the link huh