John Maus - Screen Memories

What the FUCK went so wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!iVhS1YhR!vt53yhCuDOTy99D1sDGuUApJDeYGKryUF5W0ZI9mznE
last.fm/user/nyekii/library/music/John Maus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's good though?

If you were expecting Pitless Censors part 2 I could see why you're disappointed, but it reminds me of a less lo-fi version of his earlier stuff

Fun Fact: Bombs Away is a Holy Shit cover

did it leak?

where the fuck is the link my friend

found it in the archive
mega.nz/#!iVhS1YhR!vt53yhCuDOTy99D1sDGuUApJDeYGKryUF5W0ZI9mznE

thanks man. I've only listened to pitless censors and I honestly can't remember too much of it. I remember being fond of it but this will make me revisit.

Should have covered "Maus is Missing"

damn it, that makes this album even shitter. because that was one of the 4 good songs.

the lyrics on this album are terrible, so uninspired. they were dumb and witty before, now they're just dumb. the production is too dry sounding, the instruments all sound the same as well. they are some great backing tracks in this, but his lyrics kill the songs, they're like a bad imitation of first season Tim & Eric Awesome Show songs. For instance, Touchdown has 100% classic sounding backing music, but the lyrics ruin that song.

Nothing, it's fantastic.

give the guy a break
hes a professor at some college. guy was having writers block for awhile
i think its great.

i wont give him a break. i've heard everything he's done, even the cd-r albums. this is his worst collection of songs musically and lyrically.

what about the lyrics bother you so much

it lacks the transcendental ideas present in quite literally all his previous albums. the themes in this album are all extremely simple and mostly based around every day life. it makes sense, considering he moved back to his home town ("old town" by john maus from
the album 'love is real!' woah!) after finishing school.
it's really odd to see this lyrical content coming from him, but i still enjoy it a lot. it's still not completely vapid, it's just not the relentless theme of transcendence that his other albums had.
it sounds like his earliest work (i want to live!, untitled bootlegs, snowless winter) but lacking the DIY quality that i actually was very fond of. i do miss the comfy, cushiony lo-fi aspect of all his previous works. it feels like, you know, when ariel released pom pom. just that moment of confusion, "what is this? did he sell out?" no, he didn't sell out. john was never in this for the money, nor was ariel. they still aren't. it's kind of obvious that musicians that want to be able to fully execute their ideas will eventually move onto hi-fi recording if they're given the opportunity to. they weren't exploiting lo-fi as a gimmick in the 2000s, they were just poor college students with no cash to buy proper recording equipment. now, you have rich college students intentionally recording themselves singing into phone mics then using a music program'a built-in keyboard to put "synths" over it because they know the lo-fi sound is 'in' right now.

the album isn't bad by any means. i suppose people just got their hopes up and wanted another pitiless censors.

lol

last.fm/user/nyekii/library/music/John Maus also please send any maus demos i don't have already my way if anyone happens to have any

>12,000 scrobbles in under two years
>10,000 of those happened in a year
What the fuck? Also pls give john maus demos

How do I take a class with maus as my professor?

>For instance, Touchdown has 100% classic sounding backing music, but the lyrics ruin that song.
So you didn't listen to his first albums (which are superior to pitiless censors btw)

Boring!

Lovin' every minute of it!!!

DEEZ NUTS NIGGA