What are your thoughts on vigilantism?

What are your thoughts on vigilantism?

I've always considered outright sickening how the definition of "good" seems to be "passive", and any sort of proactivity is considered solely the criminals territory. Even in stories, the heroes become heroes only due to some personal tragedy rather than willingness to just fix what is wrong, and in most cases the police is after them with at least as must gusto as they're after the real criminals.

I live in Finland, where the law has been a complete farce for the last two decades. Violent repeat offenders get away with a night in jail again and again, and actual prison sentences are rare and so nice that many criminals do more crimes just to get back there. People who should never allowed among general population are let free to terrorize the innocents time and time again, so there can be no question that the legal justice system is not doing its job.

Shouldn't we just kill the bad people? I know people are going to pull the nazi card at this and use the slippery slope argument of indiscriminate genocides, but you can't pretend that there are people who very clearly, without a doubt are going to harm other people again and again as long as they live. Japan even made a study about that, concluding that once someone has been in prison six times for the same crime, they are one hundred percent likely to keep repeating that crime for the rest of their lives. Wouldn't it be safe to say that if someone has committed violent assaults TEN times, putting him down before he hurts another victim is the most humane option?

One man with a gun could do more than a thousand cops with silk gloves.

Fully support it. It can be done right or wrong, but things can't be left to go on like this. t. fellow european

No credible study would conclude by saying 100% X will do Y. That's ducking dumb.

Either there were no cases where that wasn't true within the population studied, or they were less than half a percent of the population. Just saying it can't be true because the answer doesn't sound random enough isn't an argument.

I do believe vigilantes need to be a thing. More vigilantes would deter crime cause a vigilante is just a criminal to stop criminals. He doesn't have his hands tied with evidence or "morals"

Put your cape on and go do some "good", if thats what youre getting at.

Or get yourself in a position of power and change the justice system yourself.

Protip: you can't.

Make a commitment that if you're ever on a jury for a case pertaining to vigilantism, that you will acquit the defendant. Dig in, refuse to budge, no matter how much the other jurors try to force you and no matter how long it drags our the case.

Jury nullification is the only logical reason to have juries, for when Justice and the law point in opposite directions.

This

I indeed can't, but dressing up like a superhero is retarded anyway. We have rifles, poisons and vehicles, killing criminals shouldn't be any harder than killing innocents.

If I were in a jury, this is exactly what I'd do.

I think cops today are broken and that society should police itself more. If a black neighborhoods wants to sling drugs. White cops should stay the hell out. If you are protecting your neighborhood and family, it ends there. Normal people don't have the resources that cops do, but are not corrupt with the power that cops do. Ther would would be alot better if people stuck up for themselves and cops knew their role.

How would one go about organizing an underground vigilante network? It would definitely help to have contact with like-minded people, even if it was only for hideouts and witness reports. Few have the courage to take arms themselves, but many would like to assist those few however they can.

nigger detected

>If a black neighborhoods wants to sling drugs. White cops should stay the hell out.

Fuck off with that bait.

Anything like this should definitely be bound to an ideology, more akin a secret order than just a group of people who got disillusioned by law. Mafia, Yakuza, even the Cribs started off as neighborhood watches in crime-ridden areas but slipped into crime themselves, so a strict code of honor would be needed as an outright zealous tenet to keep the same from happening here.

1. Never harm the innocents: Do not steal from them, do not let them get hurt in a crossfire. We are the good guys, and we need the support of the people.
2. Never fight with the police: They are on the same side as we are, and our job is to do what they can't. We are the good guys, and good relations with the force benefit us both.

Etc. Basically, make it as incorruptible as possible, and treat the betrayal of the founding tenets as the most heinous crime possible, trying to destroy the very concept of justice from inside.

It should never really be organized. I do it a little bit but it's only with drivers. Anytime I see someone drive like an asshole, double/triple park, or just do douchey things in there car I write on their car with car chalk. I usually write something like "Don't park like an A-hole", "Use your indicator when you change lanes", or "The roads for everyone, so be considerate douche bag". I then sign it with my mark "Speedy Justice". I know it's fucking dumb but it's the little things. I don't really care if anyone thinks it's autistic, I just hate shitty drivers and people that are inconsiderate.

no bad
vigilantism is wrong unless it serves the greater good. The greater good being all. You have to do something that's good for all humans on earth in one move. That's the only way to do it. Their called philanthropists.

If vigilantism is the only way, then it's the only way.

This

The purest form of autistic vengeance.

It's not just blacks. It's just an example.

That's a nice rhetoric there, but absolutely meaningless in this context.

Would you kill one person to save several? That's altruism.

Fun fact: The Finnish gladiator Virpi Butt recently got out of jail, after multiple murders and cannibalizing her victims. The prison psychiatrists who have treated her pleaded that she should not be set free because she's almost guaranteed to kill again, but the maximum sentence in Finland is 12 years so she had to be let out. This is the kind of person I'm talking about, do you think we should just wait for her to kill again, lock her in for another twelve years, and then let her out again? Would you be willing to tell her victims family that "yeah, we knew this was going to happen, but what you gonna do?"

You were quite specific with black neighborhoods and white cops.

Fuck off m8, that is blatant bait.

Lol weebs dressing as naruto fighting criminals with weapons. Fuckin gang land war bahaha

nobody cares about your hobbies mr.Cooldude.

>weebs dressing as naruto fighting criminals with weapons
> dressing up like a superhero is retarded anyway. We have rifles, poisons and vehicles

The most sensible way to handle things would be:
>Human shit gets out of prison for the nth time.
>Vigilante snipes him in the head.
>Sympathetic police arrives to the scene, declares that this was probably gang related and that they should keep hunting the real criminals.
>The world becomes a little better place.

I support this wholeheartedly. I've thought about some way to tag cars with "Use the damn blinker!" too.

Yeah the people where I come from get super tilted about it though. I hear people say things like "It's vandalism" or "I'll sue". In my head i'm just thinking "It's water soluble". It's the social equivalent of me leaving a stick note.

I honestly think a good part in vigilantism would be not to kill the perpetrator of the crime, not for the criminals sake but for yourself. If you kill some one it would become easier each time and you risk falling in to criminal territory. Of course you have circumstances where you need to kill them on the dot to save lives, or you live in a corrupt enough society where they would get away... So its hard to balance.

As much as I hate how western society forgoes putting to death people who are in jail and beyond ANY doubt of their crime, I respect that society as a whole as I agreed to it... For the most part

It would actually be a good idea to collectively hire nerdy-looking professional fighters to wander around bad neighborhoods and cripple anyone who comes after them for an easy mark. Cripple - not just beat up - because the scum of the earth tends to be shitty to each other already and getting beaten up does not turn someone away from crime. You need to go sharia on them or they'll just try attacking another victim later.

Approved. Doubly so in cucked countries where the police is as helpless as it is in sweden.