Greatest hits

>greatest hits

the best way to listen to elton john.

>2011+6
>downloading albums

then why does he release albums

Many greatest hits & compilation albums have exclusive new tracks or alternate versions/mixes of other songs not included on studio albums

T
H
I
S

Without them we would've never gotten stuff like Bjork's It's In Our Hands.
Plebs listen to compilations to hear the big hits, hipsters avoid compilations entirely, true patricians actively seek compilations because they know they can get rare and interesting extra tracks that aren't contained anywhere else.
The same goes for remasters and re-releases that often cotnain extra shit, too.
You know you really love an artist when you go out of your way to find all his most obscure gems.

My favorite Greatest Hits albums are by John Lennon and Chris Brown

Are you retarded?

>greatest misses

it's the only way to listen to bands, like queen, who are undeniably a singles band

how the fuck am i gonna listen to hank williams otherwise?

There are a handful of acceptable greatest hits albums. These include Buddy Holly, Hank Williams and Simon & Garfunkel

>greatest hits

>it's just a studio album called 'greatest hits'

Didn't Steven Wilson release a greatest hits album a year ago

This.
Old rock'n'roll is the true genre where only greatest hits are worth listening to. Albums were often garbage and repetitive

hey guys

Rock, Funk, and Soul are the best genres for greatest hits compilation, Pic related.

Came here to post S&G.

This is shit and was done without the bands approval.

>The very worst of

ahem

Oh yeah completely forgot about Al Green greatest hits, should've included that. There any other funk/soul greatest hits worth checking out?

step aside haters
these desu

acceptable examples:
Queen
Johnny Cash
Eagles

>listen to Queens greatest hits
>miss out on based prophet's song
For shame

>the least worst of

Eagles still suck lol