Lets discuss

lets discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0
winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_Software#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need my add-ons and customization which is why I switched to pale moon. Firefox seems to just be copying chrome now

pure shit

From looking at the thumbnail this thread is about Firefox bullets. We can shoot people through the internet, now?

2 times faster loading precached webs?
Cool, but IDGAF.

ok retard

new era of internetfights

Works ok so far, looks like shit

>best firefox since version 3.6
>it won't be able to kill chrome
>no one cares about soros
>only manchildren hates it

>it won't be able to kill chrome

who the fuck uses chrome

Everyone

firefox is the past

people

cool

btw i only use comodo dragon browser

that's sad
chrome is ram hungry, ie is slow, ff uses a lot of cpu
is there any alternative that's small, fast and low on ram?

People who have lives.

just downloaded it. trying it out. longtime firefox user but going to chrome if certain add-ons never come over to quantum.

enjoy your outdated chrome-mod

>qutebrowser.org
but beware. this is a lonely manchild browser, as requires level 4 autism. but when you're down with the keyboard shortcuts, it's blazing fast & lightweight

i actually like FF but since changing to quantum i cant browse the boards as before, no + expansion no in page image expansion, etc

They decided to change the regular addons into "WebExtension". This only just fucken killed one of my favorite addons on this browser. Mainly because no one wants to port it.

I don't know what kind of speed improvement they're talking about. At least I don't "feel" anything special right now.

which one was that?

They moved the refresh button clear to the other side of the browser. I have to retrain my muscle memory like a wounded veteran in order to browse the chan efficiently.

vimfx. I don't like the alternatives, they're definitely not as good.

Just press F5 like everyone else

did you try this?
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vimium-ff/

Just google it.

Yeah, but it only works 50 % of the time. Like it works for 10 minutes and then crashes for some unknown reasons. I've read some stuff on the vimfox github, and apparently the new "webextension" shit is creating a lot of problems with similar addons. Guess I'll just have to wait a little.

>not
>using
>Brave
Install Brave.
brave.com/

>brave
why?

>Brave

i made a thread about the latest update,. so u had a chance to discuss there

>addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vim-vixen/
that's the only other extension i know. good luck friend

brave is a failed abortion that is nothing more than a reskinned chrome with integrated adblock, tailored to suit the needs of advertisement agencies.

I run the Chrome botnet from an ssd and everything is lightning fast...why change? Does FF have 4chanx or do you still have to install other shit like greasemonkey to get it working?

fast as chrome, doesn't rape privacy.
Mobile version is great.
> chrome with integrated adblock
...and without telemetry so its good

yeah, no wonder these are the results you get when you GOOGLE it..

>SSD

What about your RAM? It's very greedy when it comes to that. I rammed, hue, 32GB in my PC so Chrome has no negative effect when its running.

>fast as chrome

Used other browsers & search engines for you, it still brings me to the same result.

>netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx?qprid=2&qpcustomd=0

Don't be a faggot.

Don't think that's a browser issue, bud.

Iridium.

I have 32 gigs so not a problem

>adblock
> tailored to suit the needs of advertisement agencies.
can u elaborate?

your privacy is raped because you don't tweak your setting properly (the same goes with the telemetry). if you're truly privacy oriented, you use ungoogled chromium instead

shill

How is ram an issue?

"Brave is beta testing a system to reward publishers, called Brave Payments. This system allows users to optionally set a budget that they are willing to donate to the websites they visit. Brave will then calculate the percentage assigned to each website through an algorithm and the publisher receives a transfer in bitcoins if it opts into the system."

GOOD GOOD GOYIM

I've been using it, and personally I really like it. Moves quick and smoothly for me. Still hogs up a ton of memory though and I'm trying to figure that one out since I have minimal extensions/add-ons installed.

whats wrong with it?

or for mouse people:
>right click > refresh

You don't need to run adblock if you know how to set up your hosts file.

I'm also using ff, and don't know why all the hate towards it

'tism

They made the mistake of giving users a few "ok" default settings. A lot of idiots will just use those and miss out on what it's actually good for.

AdBlock is the same, 99% of the issues people have with it are due to either totally not configuring it, or can be solved by unchecking an option.

If a program is made for customisation it should force people to configure it a little before people can use it. Otherwise management will get their little non-techy "never used a PC before" hands on it.

You know you can move it back right?

you mean redirecting link to ad services to localhost senpai?

Because people have to be edgy faggots and hate it because it's not Chrome.

I like Chrome but I prefer FF and apparently that's enough to trigger the internet (not on Sup Forums necessarily)

advertising on the internet needs to die. it's life support for bad content, services and software.

anyone that tries to do anything else but enforcing strict adblocking & paywalls for content creators, are lackeys of the ad companies

How?
different fag btw

My whole office uses chrome because we use google business tools.

There's been a lot of memory leakage with Quantum beta. Fills up my RAM and forces me to restart. There seems to be an "update" every day now even though the version stays put at 57.0.

If you can't figure this out, then you shouldn't be using anything other than Internet Explorer.

Yes

winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

>not $ man hosts

I still use the discontinued Opera sometimes because it lets me copy text from websites that have copying blocked on other browsers.

>ctrl-c

open menu on the far right(button with 3 vertical lines), select customize, drag the reload button and whatever else to where ever you want it to be, click done.

ta-da!

just rclick - customize you retard

you cant ctrl-c if selecting text is blocked. opera gets around that somehow.

opera isn't discontinued

Do you have an example? I'd like to try it

This, some people have no curiosity, they just take things as they're presented do them without ever looking into it, it's strange to me.

it was bought out by some outfit that "updated" it to be just like every other shitty browser. IMO its not really Opera now.

Opera is awesome

That's weird, my FF has been great since it went to 57, I was about to ditch it before then and I've been using it since navigator went tits up.

>right click -> Customize
You're just as bad as my fucking parents

God tier right here

I wish I could figure this one out because I've been having this problem recently with FF. Quantum I haven't had issues with slowdown or needing to restart, but the memory usage is still fucking off the charts when I only have a couple tabs open.

the good ol' trumpet winsock days. normies where btfo hard

Why not
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.emmx

there's some document handling plugin that many court reporters use. It blocks selecting text and printing because the court reporters want to charge you $300.00 for a hard copy. For some reason old version Oprah just ignores its restrictions.

100 times this

I actually use 56.0b12 (developer edition) and I've disabled automatic updated. Seriously, they may have a point with the "rewrite a huge part of it, consequently breaking the add-on compatibility", but fuck, they did it in the worst possible manner - giving a new API that's dumbed-down so much that you can't ever rewrite most of the extensions, because there's no API function that would allow them to work in one way or the other. It's pure shit. Firefox strength was the ability to manipulate almost anything, whole interface included. Now that's become non-existent, and, let's say 9 of 10 extensions can't/don't/won't have a webextension version, it's basically a Chrome-like looking, Chrome-like feeling, Chrome-like uncustomizable piece of crap. But hey, it's faster!

Not sure what you're talking about...

Do you mean this?
>In 2013 Opera Software decided to not use their in-house rendering engine for the Desktop Browser anymore. From Version 15 on the Opera browser for computers would be using the Blink rendering engine, a fork of Webkit developed together with Google.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_Software#History

having a plugin to toggle java would probably stop that.

its an issue when your extensions stop working

I stopped using Firefox when they decided to remove addons. I use Vivaldi now.

Is there even a reason to have extensions on this website anymore?

I have no extensions installed for Sup Forums, but I can do all the shit you mentioned just by using the site settings.

it's also security thing, before now plugins could do whatever the fuck they wanted, now they're sandboxed inside FF.

Can you provide a link for an example? I want to try it with Chrome...

yeah, i thought some other company acquired a large interest in Opera at the same time. Anyway the latest versions are like Chrome light now.

I like the Tree Style Tabs plug that arranges the tabs at the side. It has lost functionality plus the tab bar on top of the screen shows the tabs redundantly.
Am I retarded or does anyone else want this fixed?

They'll probably have add-ons and stuff made for it before too long.

You clearly don't use Chrome as much as some people. Sitting idle with just the things I have up Chrome is eating up 3+ GB. Multiple monitors with tabs everywhere = when in use it can eat a hella lot up. I have overkill with the amount of RAM I have but still, no excuse to be blind to how hungry Chrome can be at times.

this shit for real?

i have no + or - buttons and when i click an image it opens it on a tab; i've tried setting it up with the website tools but it doesnt work

The software is called pdf-it. Its a web based document handling program (I was probably wrong to call it a plug in). The document access is time limited as well and I don't have any docs I am currently able to access.

Okay, but it's not a dealbraker. If you download shit on your disk and run whatever without thinking, infected browser would be the last thing you should worry about. Similar to an android phone - you can root it and do whatever you want. It will also make it more vulnerable, but the more you can do, the more you can break. They could make a new API that would be more secure and provide similar functionalities as the previous one, but instead they just ripped a ton of useful stuff and thought that devs who created thousands of FREE extensions would happily accept that and rewrite everything from scratch. If there are replacement functions in the new API, that is. If no, screw you and the userbase who used that specific extension. I just can't say how dumb that is.

Can you explain?