I'm sure this has been done before but I've never personally seen in on Sup Forums so why not

I'm sure this has been done before but I've never personally seen in on Sup Forums so why not.

ITT: We pose philosophical questions and then answer them to the best of our ability

I'll start:
Is the concept of "yourself" more in the mind than the body? Or is it equally important for both to be present for "you" to exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XjXeHe80030
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The mind is controlled by your inner chi which gives your spirit the energy to carry on journeys. Your body is your frame that connects with your chi, the healthier your frame is the more chi you have to live your dreams.

I've learned that "yourself" is your memory of self.

Source:
Black out drunk, wake up the next morning and it feels like you've traveled in time.
..OKay I have something better than that actually.

My girlfriend has DID or Multiple Personality Disorder, and if I didn't have modern science I would have assumed she was possessed by various spirits, but that's a separate point.

One of the major subjects that my contact of DID has influence on is what "life" means, and what your "mind" really is. See her Alters all are affiliated with different sections of her brain. Some alters are affiliated with certain emotions, and they all have different skills... but what makes them all separate people to me is their memory.

They all have different memories. When one alter takes over that typically means everything that happens to "her" at this point will only be remembered by the alter who is in control. And this is really important because DID is caused by trauma. Severe, persistent childhood trauma. So, this means that certain alters in have been raped, assaulted, and basically more than her young mind could take at the time, so all those memories are split off. That has caused the alter to be a different person than the others.

Similarly, there are childlike alters who have never experienced anything bad in their life. They don't have memory of such bad things and its made them different than the ones who have.

Tl;dr, our memory stores our concept of self and different memories produce different selves.

spirits don't exist go fuck yourself

what if
>loose mind(s)
>recover The soul
>a human being

does math exist without a mind?

No it does not, math doesn't exist in nature. It's a very accurate, universal, and easy way to categorize shit.

They are both you, your digestive system receives and processes more information about your environment than your brain does.

so youre an empiricist believes that the only way to know is to experience it? so was 1+1=2 discovered or invented

nvm youre the opposite of an empiricist

My efuck has DID too but nothing that extreme
Fun times

It was invented. If you're watching a cow graze and another cow walked up on you does not mean 1+1=2. There was an individual cow eating and another individual cow ate near it.

I lost. Kek

so if it is invented why cant 1+1=3

Because It was invented to be that way ????? Like are you that fucking dumb?

youtu.be/XjXeHe80030

>Is the concept of "yourself" more in the mind than the body? Or is it equally important for both to be present for "you" to exist?

Actually, personal identity is probably illusory. See Derek Parfit's work.

you're welcome

What is 1?

yes i am, but good for you for being so sure. it does seem a little odd that remote civilizations from all around the world all invented the same thing.

a concept created by humanity to rationalize our perceptions