Who was the bigger disappointment, Sup Forums?

Who was the bigger disappointment, Sup Forums?

How the hell is Nash a disappointment

Howard>Melo>CP3>Nash

In terms of biggest disappointments

He never scored.

melo>dwight>cp3>nash

I think it has to be Melo. He was hyped up as being on par with Lebron when he entered the league, and he's achieved nothing. To a lesser extent I think Paul is a disappointment because he never even reached the conference finals despite being a very talented player, although at the same time I think that's not entirely his fault (remember when the league blocked his move to LA a while back?).

Nash and Howard shouldn't be considered disappointments. Both of them reached the finals and had excellent careers.

nash never went to the finals. Dwight as big of a failure as melo. CP3 is only 31, PGs can play till they are 38.

Melo>Dwight>CP3>Nash

Nash is a 2x MVP, CP3 still has a solid 5 years of 18/10 left and can ring chase whenever he wants, Dwight carried his team to the finals, and Melo gave up for the money, but cries about losing whenever he has the chance to

Dwight took his team to the finals while Melo didn't doe

Prime Dwight defeated a pretty good LeBron though.

Melo >>> CP3 > Dwight >>>> Nash

Dwight dragged the Magic to the Finals Melo has only gotten out of the first round twice Melos a bum

Dwight carried his team to the finals. You're right about Nash though, I forgot that he left the Mavs before 2006.

Dwight didn't carry shit. He got lucky his team got as hot as the sun vs the cavs. He got exposed as a skill-less nigger vs the lakers. He wasted most of his talent by never developing any real skills and fell off a cliff once his athleticism left

In terms of dissappointments though it's melo>dwight>paul>nash

For me it's Doowide

>Nash with two MVPs on a disappointment list.

Melo is Kobe without Shaq and Phil Jax

Easily Carmelo of those 4.

Dwight Howard. Never developed a post move, never learned how to shoot a free throw.

None of them, but the two on the left are just silly to list

Melo is pretty much the most mediocre star the NBA has ever seen. Always overshadowed by Lebron and most of the time he wasn't even the guy in the shadow.
CP3 is trapped in LA and he won't reach his full potential. Still arguably the best or second best PG in the league, so if he was on another team, who knows?
Dwight was a dominant center but has dropped a cliff. Very good at his peak but unfortunately the league has been filled with very good big men, recently and in its history.
Nash is only a disappointment because he never led the Suns to the title, and otherwise, he was a top 3 guard in the league much of his career, especially considering the number of good players. He did steal one MVP as well.

OP is a fuckin tryhard moron

Paul is a stretch HOFer on a better team

The NBA is all about rings. That's why Derrick Rose will be perpetually mocked despite being the youngest MVP in league history and dragging a struggling franchise back to relevance.

This post is so unimaginably stupid that it has actually made me hate your entire country. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen anybody write about basketball. It's so unbelievably dumb that I'm not even sure where to begin. Pretending that Melo is on the same level as Kobe is like pretending that Paulinho is on the same level as Ronaldinho.

Shooting free throws isn't important in the modern day NBA

Derrick Rose is mocked because he will become the only MVP ever to not get into the HoF

>Dwight didn't carry shit
>next best player was Jameer Nelson

Nash had a consistently good and long career, Rose's career ended when he was in his early 20's, not a very good comparison

>Dwight didn't carry shit.

Are you serious? Look at that Magic team again. Other than Dwight, it was unbelievably bad.

Derrick Rose is mocked because he is dumb as shit

Yeah, you're right. But I think the point I'm trying to make still stands. NBA players are judged on rings. For example, Charles Barkley, one of the best power forwards ever, who had a long and successful career, is made fun of on a regular basis because he never got a ring.

Only by idiots

Cp3 and Nash aren't disappointments, not everyone is going to get a ring

It's gotta be Howard because he's a freak of nature athleticism wise

>NBA players are judged on rings
Which is stupid as fuck. That's why KD's comment about Shaq having his whole life revolve around the fact that he has rings was so stupidly hypocritical.

This. His brain is broken.

yeah it's true that rings are important, but the debate is between 4 players that don't have a ring so number of rings is not what's gonna allow us to see who had the worst career

How the fuck is Nash a disappointment?

He has more MVPs than those nig nogs combined.

So lets look at it at face value

Nash - 2x MVP, 8x All-Star, 7x All-NBA, top 3 in assists, multiple 50/40/90 seasons, lead the league 5 times in assists and twice in FT%

Dwight - 8x All-Star, 3x DPotY, 8x All-NBA, 5x All-Defense, RotY, shitloads of rebounding leader seasons, carried team to Finals

CP3 - 9x All-Star, 8x All-NBA, 8x All-Defense, RotY, lead the league in steals and assists several times, still has a lot of basketball to play

Melo - 10x All-Star, 6x All-NBA, 1 scoring title

Yeah, Melo isn't looking good here

Melo easily, not even sure how the others are disappointments

Melo was in the most stacked position for most of his career: kobe, LBJ, Pierce, Tmac, Wade, Ginobli, Durant, etc..

PG has been pretty weak until recently and C has been dead since the early 00s basically.

>Still arguably the best or second best PG in the league
Are you serious? He is not top 3 currently

>steve nash
made himself into a stud. personally birthed the canadian pipeline.
>dwight howard
anyone with a brain knew he was cancer. how can you be disappointed by a child that never knew better?
>carmelo anthony
carried a team to a college championship
proceeded to mail it in for an entire pro career
>chris paul
top 3 PG since he came in

imma go with carmelo. he should have revolutionized the post positions, but he let a bunch of shite euros do it instead.
carmelo disappointed the future of basketball by being a bitch.

>Giving Nash shit for not making the finals
>Had to play Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks, Rockets... rest of stacked West

It's a shame he was playing 50 win teams while Dwight had cupcakes to go through when he made it to the finals.

>basketball
lol
nice thread guys

what the fuck
you just listed a bunch of shooting gaurds, small forwards, power forwards and then a point gaurd and said melo was playing their position...

none of those guys are point guards.

They're all incredible players and just because they can't carry a team to the finals (which is clearly what this image is implying), especially considering the competition in the west, the biggest disappointment can only be Melo.

Dwight Howard. He's got 10/10 physical gifts but he's worked out 4/10 skills.

Melo and its not even close. He peaked as a freshman in college.

Nah he had skills he just refused to use them. He insisted on being a post up player even though he sucks at it.

If he stuck to just running the pick&roll, grabbing offensive boards, catching lobs and playing good defense he could have been dominant for years more than he was.

which one refused to leave a full year after it was known that no one wanted him?
carmelo is a teamster-tier shill.
and a decade from now he'll go into the hall of fame and faggots far and wide will make believe he was one of the best ever.
carmelo is the epitome of everything wrong with the sport. he would be the most hated player in the league if he could manage to win more than 40 games a year.

manu was a combo
so was early wade
>b-but 2k lists them as 2's

>there are people out there who think there is an argument to be had here
this is exactly why i drive to work in silence on monday mornings

Mello is a 3 and everyone I listed is a 2/3 player.

Not one person on that list primary position is power forward.

reminder that the Rockets are a second-rate organization that lacks class all the way from the top to the bottom.

t. Sam Presti

>I think it has to be Melo. He was hyped up as being on par with Lebron when he entered the league
>was hyped up as being on par with Lebron when he entered the league

Lebron
>hailed as the next Jordan
>3-4 in the Finals
>ring chaser
>choker
>team cancer

any org that signed or traded for dwight after orlando is implicitly second-rate

i too browse /r/nba

Dwight beat Lebron because the Cavs team were manlets who couldn't guard Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis and got absolutely bombed from 3 that whole series. Aside from that, Dwight consistently underachieved in the playoffs.

That said, so did Paul and Anthony. Nash was always a facilitator and not a franchise guy so you can't hold him to the same standards.

MOST DISSAPOINT
Melo: had solid teams around him, but never made the Finals.
Paul: never got past the 2nd round. Had many excusable years with shit teammates, but on the Clippers he has had some massssssive chokes
Duhwhite: hilarious team cancer that ruined real contenders, but at least played well in 1 or 2 years
Nash: did everything you could expect from him
LEAST

i know where i am
but why

nigga i dont watch ape hoop

>Nash: did everything you could expect from him
LEAST

Except play defense.

Statistically speaking he's one of the worst defenders of ALL TIME. kek.

name a nash team that even pretended to play D

Has to be Melo. Was on some pretty great teams but could never get it to work. Terrible defense his whole career and huge team cancer, never shaped up and at this point doesnt matter. Second would be Paul. Never making it past the second round at this point in his career is a huge blow. More understandable though since he was stuck with trash Hornets team and vinny del ***** for most of his career also pg's are the hardest to build a team around. Third most is Dwight. Carried a team to a finals and for a long stretch was undoubtedly the best center. Really fell of a cliff though for being a huge bitch. Last is Nash. Only thing you can blame him for is his bad defense. Got stuck fighting through shitloads of super strong teams his entire career.

I feel bad for Nash and Paul.
Nash had to go against some extremely tough teams and it could be argued that he was one or two plays away from winning a championship.

Paul also had to go through lots of tough teams and while there was some choking his team seems to be getting hurt constantly.

>Dwight beat Lebron because the Cavs team were manlets who couldn't guard Hedo Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis and got absolutely bombed from 3 that whole series. Aside from that, Dwight consistently underachieved in the playoffs.
All of this, anybody spouting the "Dwight carried them to the finals meme" is an ESPN babby pure and simple. Orlando was lights fucking out from 3 throughout the playoffs and there was nothing anything could do about it. Then, in the finals, they got cold and they lost. Dwight didn't make a difference either way, and his defense was incredibly overrated.

This

See Russell Westbrook

Wtf I hate Mello now

>2x MVP (TWO TIME)
>Offensive 'Genius'
>Original Meme Chucker
>Never even ONCE made it to an NBA finals

I know everyone loves Nash because he was friendly, and obviously because he's white, but how does a 2x MVP never ONCE make an NBA finals appearance?

In my opinion that really fucks up his resume and legacy for me and most of all its extremely DISAPPOINTING. Is Nash the only multiple MVP winner to never make a finals appearance?

Let's be honest here he was mostly a dantoni system baby.

Oden

>implying Dantoni teams play defense at all.

>8x All-Defense
As a PG! Anyone calling Chris Paul a disappointment is a First Take-watching baby. That said, he needs to get away from the fucking Clippers.

>meaningless regular season awards

It's all about the wins, baby.

Melo bar none. Followed by Dwight.

Not exactly easy to win with a gutless PF and an idiot center who can't even shoot free throws. Plus no bench. Why do you think he's mad all the time?

>Original Meme Chucker
He didn't shoot often enough to be called a chucker
Fuck off

Lol nope.

Only 28 fool, he's got a lot of basketball left to play. Who knows, in 2 years, he might chase rings and actually get one

In terms of what I expected, probably Dwight. I thought the back injuries were only a temporary setback when he had a disappointing season with the Lakers, but his time with the Rockets proved that he's not very effective on offense if you don't cater to him with four shooters that can also handle the ball. Melo is the worst player in the picture but I never cared for him. For Nash and CP3 I think it's an unfortunate case that smaller guys can't control the game like bigger players can. Curry was probably the best PG in history(not counting Magic who is more like a 6'9" SF) and he hasn't taken over in the playoffs despite his exploits in the regular season.

Paul and Nash aren't disappointments in the slightest. Both are fantastic players who just happened to play against better competition

Dwight is the worst disappointment on the list because he won't even be able to buy a ticket to the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately Carmelo will probably be a HoFer even though everyone hates him.

Dwight was the most disappointing because he reached maybe 40% of his max potential.

But at least he got to fuck a bunch of thots without a condom so I guess he's happy.

Melo easy

>Lebron, Darko, Melo, Bosh, Wade
>one of these players don't have a ring

Melo

lived to see his country willingly overtaken by muslims

Melo is the worst for me, especially since I live near Syracuse and he was a big reason they won that championship back in the day. I'll prolly get lambasted for this but I think Melo could have been better than Lebron if Melo had an actual work ethic and didn't spend time being a nigger in the offseason.

Steve Nash isn't even American. And Canada has a smaller percentage of muslims than America btw

melo>cp3>d12>nash

lol I was about to post this

Also after seeing this thread for a while, I was gonna say Melo, but I never thought he was that great to begin with. His fat slow, chucking ass was never that great to me, and time has proven that very much to be the case.

I'd say Dwight. He pretty much willed his ass team to the finals in 2009. It showed that he could do big things inside if he gave a shit. Plus he was near diabetic apparently. I'm sure that huge candy addiction and its symptoms have lingered within him.

Prime Dwight killed a nearly dead Z Illguskus, and that French nigga went off in that series with the corner threes.

I think its Melo, then Dwight close behind, then CP3.

why are you so shook cletus?

t. Juan Romero Gomez of Boyle Heights.

Melo's easily the most disappointing, for pretty much everything that's been said.

Dwight's next. I've always disliked the guy, but there's no denying that he had potential to be, at minimum, one of the top three centers of all time. What a fucking moron.

We can harp on Paul about never making it past the second round, but he's rarely been at fault. He would more than likely have a ring or two already if Stern didn't block that trade to the Lakers.

Nash was definitely not a disappointment. Going through that overpowered West led by the Lakers and Spurs for all those years with D'Antoni as his coach? Its too bad he didn't have the luxury of cruising through the East that players like LeBron had.

Howard by far. Then Melo. The other two aren't really disappointments in my opinion.

All but Cp3 made it to conference finals

All four of these guys are major disappointments and underachievers. For Melo I feel bad the most, though, just imagine if the Pistons signed him in 2003 instead of that dumb chetnik Miličić, he'd be a 3 time champion by now.

In the future of all posts? You will only know real whites. These are anti whites. And I ask you to stand against the shills. Look upon these shill posts. I am an epic old fag. The sports? we need to be sports posters. Sports are epic. Don't deny that. Lets be epic. But the non epic posters here? They dont come from america. They come from reddit. im the king. fuck em i ask that jesus destroy anyone with non epic posts. Adolf hitler prayed to jesus and bless.:)

nash didnt deserve the back to back mvps