Every one of their albums is an indisputable 10/10

How did they do it Sup Forums?

Yellow Submarine and With the Beatles are 6/10
Beatles for Sale is a 7/10

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

>anything before rubber soul
>half of the white album
>let it be

come on, i love the beatles but anyone can see that they put out some dross along with the great stuff, their only 10/10's IMO are revolver and Abbey Road (although it should have ended without her majesty

I swear the attention span for kids getting into the Beatles just gets later and later with time, it's already at Rubber Soul now? Wow.
If it weren't for The Long and Winding Road you would have nothing to say against Spector's work on Let it Be, and even then the song is bad anyway.

>Yellow Submarine and With the Beatles are 6/10
True
>Beatles for Sale is a 7/10
Not true

>>half of the white album
The 10/10 half or the other 10/10 half?

>Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times.
>Coltrane the greatest
why is he such a pleb?

>kids
i'm probably older than you and had listened to their entire discography before you were born, and here's the key part: I formed my own opinion

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Wild Honey Pie
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Rocky Raccoon
Don't Pass Me By
Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
Honey Pie
Revolution 9

G.M. was correct, it would have made a 10/10 single album but the sub-par songs make it at best 7.5. Put all of the songs i've listed back to back in a playlist and listen to it, if you can honestly say that material is worthy of a 10/10 then you're being dishonest

>Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
>Wild Honey Pie
>The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
>Rocky Raccoon
>Don't Pass Me By
>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
>Honey Pie
>Revolution 9
These are all great. What's wrong with them?

>Put all of the songs i've listed back to back in a playlist
You mean remove context? Who's being dishonest now?

>Beatles for Sale is a 7/10

Retard

>Long and Winding Road
>Bad

>i'm probably older than you and had listened to their entire discography before you were born, and here's the key part: I formed my own opinion
You formed your opinion on music when you were a little child?

Pleb as fuk

don't talk shit on rocky raccoon

i never said how old i was nor when i formed my opinions, but don't let a good straw man fallacy get in the way of a good meme argument right?

>but don't let a good straw man fallacy get in the way of a good meme argument right?
Well you didn't let an ad hominem and appeal to authority get in the way of yours.

Nice try though.

How old are you? I hardly think potentially being middle aged and still on Sup Forums as something worth bragging about.
Also Revolver and Abbey Road are definitely not their only 10s.

>How old are you?
Which one of us are you asking? Both of us?
>I hardly think potentially being middle aged and still on Sup Forums as something worth bragging about.
I mainly do market research here as well as answer and /prod/ and /gg/ questions that may come up.

They did great op, one of the best musicians in the history of music.

I meant to quote not you sorry.

>shitting on revolution 9
spotted the redditor

Beatles for Sale is worse than With the Beatles and Yellow Submarine isn't an actual Beatles album