How Can I get better download speed?

Im using spectrum btw.

Other urls found in this thread:

templeos.org/TempleOSBlog.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Richardson, TX
ask Texas Instruments

Have you tried switching the network channels

Used to have brighthouse and that was about what my speeds were, then they decided to randomly bill me like $600 bucks and when i called to tell them that that was an error, they refused to fix it, so I canceled it. Now, I get Spectrum ads in the mail like every week wanting me to sign up because they have 100mb download speeds now... Fuck them.

just download more ram

Charge your fucking phone you monster!

Spectrum user here. Nothing, fuckers are pretty much on par with every other ISP. Their standard excuse is that you have a "weak signal". That's what they say when I complain that my internet cuts out multiple times in a day,

Get away from Spectrum, their infrastructure sucks, old tech.

DSL is also old tech. Fuck, even when homes have access to fiber optic internet that'll be old tech. And for get about 5G cellular, that's just a pipe dream.

Tl;DR: American internet is shit

Spectrum isn’t dsl, faggot.

>5G
kill yourself

I went and bought a WiFi extender. It didn’t seem to do much.

This is now a speed showoff thread

No. Fucking. Shit. What I'm saying is no matter what you do you're ISP is going to fuck you in the ass and not even give you the pleasure of a reach around.

DSL is cheap, but its slow as fuck and when other people start using it things REALLY get slow.

Cable has slightly better speeds, but the tech support is ass and its expensive as fuck.

Satellite has data caps from hell and using your cellphone provider as an ISP is pants on head retarded.

The only real solution is to move to a decent sized city and not live in the white trash parts.

Lmfao

Why do you all have such shitty pings? Am I just coincidentally closer to the server or something?

why are you guys not hanging out in the terry stream?

templeos.org/TempleOSBlog.html

>That's what they say when I complain that my internet cuts out multiple times in a day

usually that's the local infrastructure in your area pretty much failing/requiring maintenance. Sometimes it takes forever for ISPs to upgrade or at least maintain them so they don't cause loss of signal. best thing to do is to complain to them about it and hope the other locals do the same.

Not bad tonight

>that dl speed

get your system closer to your router, or vice versa. better option is direct connection to router/modem with an ethernet cable.

your location is the major factor in all this. some areas in the US have shitty speeds, period. either lack of modern infrastructure or lack of maintenance of them. If you don't live in an area with competing ISPs with better speeds, then you're screwed until they decide to spend their resources fixing up/upgrading in your area.