Ask a firefighter anything

Ask a firefighter anything

Other urls found in this thread:

campbelllawobserver.com/affirmative-action-in-action-overhaul-of-the-fire-department-of-new-york-hiring-practices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you fight fires?

where is the next fire going to be

Would you ever suck a log of shit out of andy sixx's asshole?

I was gonna say "dad?" but he worka in NYC, how is your night going?

Do you want his creamy logs?

whats the worst part of your job if im being real. I was going to go into the fire academy but things changed. Would you recommend becoming one?

were you called probie and did they probe you

Fuck the Police!

Are you black?
I know it's hard for White guys to get on with the fire department now. Figured you're probably black.

is fire hot?

sometimes

Everybody has a price.... for that, I'd say 10 mil

firefighters have children everywhere... buncha sluts.

My night is good. I am at home and do not work tomorrow.

kys

Is it true that law enforcement guys all shower together?

why is there a fcking microsoft windows logo on your ecusson ?

If moot's house was on fire, would you put it out?

worst part is exactly what you imagine: dealing with the worst day of somebody's life every day of your job.

Recommend the job if that's probably ok with you.

Obviously it stands for "probationary." I was not physically probed with anything when I was a rookie, no.

Why?

1. no. 2. no it's not, stop blaming your racism for your failings.

>at taco bell
Beef? Chicken? Steak?

in Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban , why is harry taken to see the minister for magic after blowing his aunt up and reprimanded for practicing magic outside of hogwarts, then like 5 minutes later you see Hermoine fix his glasses with occulus repairo in diagon alley and no-one says shit?

whats up with that?

quite

dunno I am not that

wat is ecusson

if it was in my territory

I see. You identify as Hispanic.
I would have too if I were applying.
Good for you, OP.

In movies, sometimes plotholes are for the betterment of the plot.

You are too dumb to ever know you're dumb; you think you're smart, but you're actually dumb.

Sorry for you /bro.

Opinion of volunteer firefighters?

Whats the best filling for a baguette?

Seen any good movies lately?

y u have microsoft works logo on ur badge.

Usually great, fulfilling a hard job in communities that can't afford professionals.

Occasionally a pain in the ass, thinking they know what urban firefighting is actually like.

But assholes and idiots are everywhere, most VFD folks are great.

Do you prefer smarties or m&m's?

Do you know about electricity Too?

If I see a live wire hanging and jump up, grab it, but let go before I land, will I still die? Since I'm not grounded idts

butter +garlic

Thor was fucking hilarious. Such a great balance to Avengers' "all lives hang in the balance" or DC's "3 hours of monologues."

Because Mircrosoft works, bro.

m&ms

launch over it

Are you fucking retarded? Smarties are shit now, its not even a hard choice. Im not OP.

I'm volunteer, we have a mutual aid contract with the next towns paid department. I train as much as i can outside of work and school, but the paid department act like I'm not even worth having on the scene.

WHY do you help/save people? Serious question.

cheers fam!

I'm not there so I don't know. All you can do is do your job well.

Launch over it? What? I'm saying if a wire is hanging from a power line can I jump up and grab it letting go before I land. I'm not launching over anything

Post nudes

I like being the person who does it. Plenty of other people could too, but I like being that person.

*teethy thumbs up*

Don't know if I can post links, but this is what I was referring to: campbelllawobserver.com/affirmative-action-in-action-overhaul-of-the-fire-department-of-new-york-hiring-practices/

Being as I don't live in New York, I only have the information allotted to me from 3rd party sources. So when an actual 1st hand source says "Ask me anything," I apollgize, but I thought this might be an appropriate forum for discourse on something I had been wondering about.

Watch this and it will show you how

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3GTNv9hHk

can you be more specific? I'm not sure what your specific argument is

What make and model of SCBA?

dunno

Yeah, not an argument, more an inquiry. According to what I had read, specifically within new york fire departments, there was action put in place to reduce the number of caucasian (who identify as white) firefighters from their ranks.

This apparently began in 2012. I guess I should have asked when you got hired, but I assumed (perhaps inaccurately) that you were less seasoned than that.

Specifically, I was only asking if, in your experience, it was harder for Caucasians identifying as White to be hired than it was for ethnic and racial minorities?

*Not a real firefighter detected*

Your understanding is that of a child.

Look into it further.

Video doesn't load

Why can't you just say yes you'll be fine or no you'll die?

you will die if you don't watch that video

it loads for me...

I guess I'll live.

Do you dead people out of crashed cars? Have you gotten used to doing it?

Do you English?

But yeah, pretty much.

>Your understanding is that of a child.
>Look into it further.

Children are inquisitive and often free from outside influence, so I'll take that as a compliment and if the opportunity presents itself to me again, I will.

Appreciate your time.

You are as smart as a child and you accept that.

This is the first step, congratulations.

Had to copy and paste wasn't loading in here

That literally answered nothing

So, do you see people fucked up like in gore pics? Doesn't that make you shaky or nauseous?

have you ever intentionally let your suit catch fire just so you can look at your buddies and say it's lit fam

yeah it's really informative, I wish they would show all schoolchildren that important video

Question 1: yes. Q 2: no.

I dunno, we're all just meatbags you get used to it.

fuck no... what kind of retarded shit is that. That's what gives volunteers bad names.

do you do something useful daily?

lame.
bet you're a lotta fun at parties huh?
>hurrr durr i save all day lives guize
foh

I masturbate almost every day

so you're the "get too close to the car fire to make it look like I've been in a hot structure fire" person?"

Is 5'5" too short to be a firefighter?
Whats the most dangerous situation involving people you've been in, maybe crazy person with a knife?
Can someone with asthma be a firefighter?
How do cops treat you or the public receive you, I absolutely respect you, the balls to go balls in to a smoking building with limited visibility possibly choking to death getting lost burning alive, cops don't have 1/10th the balls.

No height requirement in houston

Victim trapped in apt fire, suicidal guy with knife, idiot staying in washed out car during Harvey.. idk... new one every week.
Asthmatics can be firefighters depending on the specifics. You've got to be able to do the job.

Houston PD and us get along really well. We help each other constantly.

Too much magic going on in D/ alley to pinpoint a single underage user. It's only when magic goes off in muggle territory that the flags go up.

Do you fight for fire? Who's the boss?

Your newness is showing.

Is backdraft your favorite movie?

Is it true you amerifats actually get on top of the fucking roof and break roof tiles, then fire the hose downwards into the roof from up top to fight fires?

It's alwfully nivce of you to get out of bed and start this thread.
- sincerley, a police officer

Do some men just want to watch the world burn?

Is your name Josh?
Do you live with a guy named Alan?

My dad works in the emergency department of the gas company.
They are called when gas takes part in any fire.
He talks to different bosses from the fire department often.
They complain some guys, not one or two but quite a few, drag their feet a lot to avoid getting the real job done. For example if there is a big ass fire in a building and they have to enter to rescue people some guys will just keep themselves busy with any bullshit they can find (untangling a non tangled hoss or whatever) doing really unnecessary work with the only purpose of avoiding getting in. This puts an extra strain on the normal guys who want to get the job done. Bosses say it's a real problem.

Is this pussification common in the fire fighter world?