Jay-Z>Nas

Jay-Z>Nas

You may not like it, but this is the patrician opinion

Hey Kendrick where's disc 2 for DAMN

anyone else like H To The Omo better than Ether?

I actually agree.
Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic
Takeover > Ether

Jay is a million times more consistent and actually puts out hits. Nas is good but not even on the same level.

I came in your Bentley backseat, skeeted in your Jeep
Left condoms on your baby seat

that was better than any line in Ether
better than anything Nas has ever spit in his whole career

this faggot hire producers to create his beats, is too lazy to even write lyrics or compose themes beforehand, resulting in lame ass boast raps.

DJ QUIK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JAY-Z

>Reasonable Doubt > Illmatic
nope and i love both, illmatic is in its own league
>Takeover > Ether
takeover was more clever but ether is way more visceral.

Jay has way more great albums though
>blueprint
>black album
>444
>reasonable doubt

this is more visceral than anything Nas said in Ether

They are both inconsistent as fuck though.

yeah but he only did that because he cried after hearing ether and his mother made him apologize on the radio afterwards

Jay is the most consistent guy in hip hop. That's literally the one thing he's best at. He's still putting out good music even now while a lot of rappers have fallen off, disappeared into obscurity.

His flow and lyrics might not be as impressive as a lot of indie rappers but he knows how to make songs better than them. Songs that have good beats and lyrics and will be remembered for years to come.

>Jay is the most consistent guy in hip hop.
thats either kanye or kendrick or ghostface or a tribe called quest

Honestly, Jay Z facade is honestly what keeps me from liking him.
It's corny, and hasn't aged well at all.
I don't get why people call him GOAT?

t.eminem fan

Fuck off retard,Nasty Nas was,is and will always be the best rapper among the best rappers.

A drug dealer's dream
Stash CREAM keys on a triple beam
Five hundred SL green, ninety-five nickle gleam
Condominium, thug dressed like a gentleman
Tailor made ostrich, Chanel for my women friend
Murdering, numbers on your head while I'm burglaring
Shank is serving 'em, what's up to all my niggasswerving in
New York metropolis, the Bridge brings apocalypse
Shoot at the clouds feels like, the holy beast is watching us
Mad man my sanity is going like an hourglass
Gun inside my bad hand I sliced trying to bag grams I got hoes that used to milk you, niggas who could've killed you
Is down with my ill crew of psychos
Nas Escobar moving on your weak production
Pumping corruption in the third world we just busting

T. Pleb

When did hating Nas become a thing? 2014 maybe? Can anyone redpill me on this?

he is honestly the best lyrically but thats not the best verse to give him

Nas is a one album wonder who popularized the worst kind of rapper: the pseudo-intellectual one.

>calling him Nasty Nas as if you're some big fan who was a fan his entire career
>posting an underwhelming verse with Nas fake thugging again
>mentioning eminem even though he's irrelevant to the thread showing off your insecurity and bitterness that he's popular
>only listening to radio rappers

Nas isn't the best lyrically. Not even close. A lot of younger lesser known rappers are better. Any top tier battle rapper of today can lyrically shit on Nas

>the pseudo-intellectual one.
that would be de la soul or a tribe called quest, nas is just lyrically good.

also
>it was written
>stillmatic
>god's son
cmon son these are decent albums

Jay Z is boring as shit but Takeover is a better diss than Ether

>A lot of younger lesser known rappers are better.
name one, literally none of them will tell you they're better than nas
>Any top tier battle rapper of today can lyrically shit on Nas
being good at freestyling and battle rapping doesn't make you the best lyrically.
>Nas isn't the best lyrically
pretty good storyteller, rhyme scheme is good, profound wordplay and wordplay used contextually that makes sense are all indicators that he is the best lyrically. Now there are others who do all these traits better than Nas but altogether nas is the best at all of them

>Any top tier battle rapper of today can lyrically shit on Nas
This only applies to a rap battle situation.
I bet no battle rapper could be able to write anything as good as One Love or N.Y. State of Mind.

>falling for the meme

I dumb down for my audience and double my dollars, they criticize me for it yet they all yell "Holla"
If skills sold truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I want to rhyme like Common Sense (But I did five Mil), I ain't been rhyming like Common since

thats still a good song on a good album from a good rapper

SEAN CARTER IS NICE BUT SEAN PRICE BEST

Nas looked like an idiot in that interview with that Harvard professor. At least Jay-Z isn't a pseud.

Dawg, Kendrick hasn't even been around for 10 years, shut up. Tribe had a hiatus for allmost 20 years, so again. And Kanye, while experimental, is all but consistent.

Motion Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DJ QUIK

It's a great song and Reasonable Doubt is really good. Others albums are hit or miss though. He definitely puts out a good product but his stuff feels hollows most part.

>Kanye, while experimental, is all but consistent
all his albums are great or at least above a 6. Also the college dropout to yeezus is one of the best runs in hip hop

>At least Jay-Z isn't a pseud.
>Being a good writer makes you pseud
>Being another big boi tough guy rapper is anyways better
Okay

because he got money hungry and figured out the recipe. his latest album is great though definitely a resurgence of what he was doing before he sold out

Actually I'm overreacting. Nas wasn't being a pseud. He actually was doing the opposite because he was admitting to things he didn't even think about when writing It Ain't Hard To Tell.

Jay z retired from rapping, so no, Nas is better.

That's debatable, though. Yeezus is dogshit. Credit where credit is due, 808s was transformative for the genre but it's still trash. And Grad is 50/50 but I'm inclined to give that one to you.

>808s is bad
i hate this meme 808s is one of the most heartfelt hip hop records of all time, musically its very daring and accomplishes what he set out to achieve.

yeezus is alright
>new slaves
>black skinhead
>blood on the leaves
>on sight
>send it up
>hold my liquor
its grown on me

Earl Sweatshirt > Jay Z

>retired
>released the best rap album of the year
hmm

the only meme about 808s is that its "underrated" which just isn't true

You mean pop album, and he's retired from rap, he is a pop star.

Jay-Z's classics
>Reasonable Doubt
>The Blueprint
>Black Album
>American Gangster
>Watch the Throne (Arguably doesn't count)
>4:44

Nas' classics
>Illmatic
>It Was Written
>The Lost Tapes (Arguably doesn't count)
>Life Is Good

It's obvious Jay-Z is better. Nas is just babby's first conscious rapper.

it is true though you're undervaluing it

>no stillmatic

>liking stillmatic
It's his most average release ever, save for one mic, got ur self a gun, and maybe ether

yall retarded if you really think jay z is any good

>none of them will tell you
that's because legions of 90's fags will bombard them with "fuk u nas rewelz"
>doesn't make you the best lyrically
no it doesn't, but like user said they could lyrically shit on Nas. Loaded Lux, B Magic, and Dizaster (2011-2014) would've all took a hot deuce on Nasty Nas, and I know I'm missing at least another 10
>others who do all these traits better than Nas but altogether nas is the best at all of them
fucking nah dude, big l is eons above nas. biggie is above nas. tupac is above nas. rakim is above nas. nas wouldn't even make the top 20 if it wasn't for illmatic, he's a one hit wonder that couldn't replicate his sound and fell off after it was written. he had a few songs that are worth the listen but he couldn't craft an album to save his life nowadays

jigga my nigga
jigga to the ay z
chicka chicka slim shady
a-k-a slim AZ
a-k-a jigga jigga jay z

>big l is eons above nas. biggie is above nas. tupac is above nas. rakim is above nas
all these guys except for pac have one album so i dont get your point. And they're not good examples of rappers above nas, personally i think ghostface is a contender but nas has the lyrical ability to a science
>still listing battle rap guys as something lyrically worthy
give me a line from anyone thats as profound and as intriguing as "i never sleep cause sleep is the cousin of death" or "beyond the walls of intelligence life is defined"

i dont know why you keep saying he'd be nothing without illmatic but that's true for all the rappers you listed, big L biggie or rakim wouldn't be shit without their great debuts.

>give me a line from anyone
dizaster "yo yo yo yo yo"
>nas has the lyrical ability to a science
he just isn't that great of a rapper, whether or not those dudes put out 2 albums each, they, on a rapping level, are better performers as well as lyricists. Nas just likes throwing around pseudo intellectualism, whereas Lord Finesse or Canibus could seamlessly fit a highly complex multi syllabic bar into every other line

Agreed, awhile arguably a better lyricist Nas has only one properly good album and that's Illmatic. Jay has
>reasonable doubt
>the blueprint
>the black album
>4:44
All of which are at least 7/10, Nas fanboys won't admit it but he fell off pretty hard