youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2PtF1D-wA&t=18s
youtube.com/watch?v=HM3xud40tgw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQghSEl0hHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_HAuXWVLyW4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ayb2awTZ9bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WXLGXo1hMZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

UGH

Why the hell did this genre just die this decade? Nothing original or fresh has really come out. All you guys circle jerk is older shit or rip offs of older shit.

Why is the lord of bats a goat? Did the goats conquer and enslave the bats? Or are they just part of a larger mammalian federation with multiple species?

S/T, Det Som Engang Var, and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss are all far superior to Filosomeme.

Yes

Trouble's s/t is way better

Ever hear of the goat tower kid

t. nu-male

this shit is tourist bait

Not at all, as those are far more repetitive and don't have the more subtle interesting aspects of Filosofem.

guitar music is on decline, the era of development is over, recording biz profits have shrunk, the joos, etc etc

What does that have to do with burzum?

kek. kys friendo

What's up with DMU referring to "real" metal fans as Hessians?

>far more repetitive
I love Filosofem but this is the dumbest thing you could have said, it's easily his most repetition based album.

why is that album titled ronog glam?

C'MON

I like to introduce people to bathory with this and OP. Gets them all the more interested

they do that to sound smart

HEY

Those things apply to pop rock, landfill indie and other corporate rock crap, a genre that isn't mainstream has no reason to be affected by it.

top glam

First Wave= Best Wave

>reading dmu

unironically what about metalcore

could i get some recs similar to acid bath? i haven't heard any other band that comes close to their techniques in song structuring. not particularly looking for something exclusively in the sludge/doom genre, but something that alters the tempo gradually like on songs such as the blue, dr. seuss is dead, and paegan love song. also a big fan of dax's versatility in his vocal style, switching back and forth from the grunge-esque vocals to the screams.

Reminder that black metal is a genre of music, not an ideology and that "first wave black metal" is a term made up by a bunch of scraggly kids from Norway to give their music credibility by association.

You could try Slipknot

Slipknot

stop swampposting

Not really. Guitar has lost its relevancy by and large, while the competition grew and improved. Also, the 'underground' is still a part of the music biz, it tailgates the mainstream and they were also hit by the giant recording profits drop.

They should just called it satan metal

Acid Bath, more like Flaccid Bath
Even more like Acid Batlord

see

>a bunch of scraggly kids
>who created 2nd wave BM
you just contradict yourself like you did a few threads ago

krallice is riffless garbage

What exactly about my post contradicted itself?

Genre defines a style, not lyrical content or imagery. If Mercyful Fate is black metal, so is Charlie Daniels.

Goats reign over all mammals

Not at all. Like, yeah Jesu Tod has minimalist based repetition, but things actually change, there is variation on the riff and a lot of stereo effects based on him taking some of the guitar tracks in/out. That's a whole lot more than a track like goddamn Det Som Engang Var where it's the same exact riff being played the same exact way repeated for multiple minutes on end.

Bath Uncle

I want a black/thrash metal cover of The Devil Went Down To Georgia now

I'd do it for your if I knew how to program drums and not sound like shit

They're my two faves by Bathory.

I can program the drums, but you have to come up with the riffs so I know what I'm doing.

Post 'um.

hahaha holy shit people actually listen to demon hunter?

absolutely disgusting
not even Scalzi's side project redeems your shit

BOOOOOOOORN IN THE U S A I WAS
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN IN THE U S AAAAA

what is the glam metal of metal?

Glam is hard rock user

So anti-glam aka ironic glam?

melodeath
t. illiterate

that's what I asked
what is the glam metal of actual metal?

>cover
you unironically have it in your library

actual glam metal

youtube.com/watch?v=ooZ1CcL8M5k

Power Metal

melodeath is pop rock/AoR of metal
oh wait

>anti-glam
that's grunge

That's MemeMetal

not metal

that's probably the best answer

are there any good /meal/ related podcasts

>grunge was the antithesis of glam
nigga they were hand-in-hand corporate radio rock and also had much in common musically and thematically
Nirvana was just Alice Cooper and David Bowie without the shock or showmanship

>not metal

hmm...

youtube.com/watch?v=p6F791TdCBY

>podcasts

Everything worthwhile said about metal was written in German and Swedish zines from 1984 to 1994

>nigga

I am literally black

And I am literally not

Please post metal in the metal general

>get recced a metal album
>it's actually a glam metal album

>it turns out to be a good glam metal album

>get recced a hard rock album
>it's actually a metal album

riffless=/=garbage

You have an album called Black Metal in that pic...

>get recced a death metal album
>it's actually a melodeath album

>it turns out to be a good melodeath album

Before you guys laugh, intestine baalism is good melodeath.

>find some old RuneScape server
>it's actually MYFAROG Online

>find some black metal album
>it's actually Mercyful Fate

Struth. GOAT Horns is their only really good record. Even if it's extremely accessible, I think the recursive songwriting, across the entire album no less, is something ambitious that they sadly never repeated.

>upload picture of ted nugent
>it's actually james hetfield

I don't think so. I don't think that the entirety of guitar techniques of compositional strategies has been developed. There's plenty of ways to incorporate newer developments in production to guitar music as well. Its accessibility to the general public also makes it unlikely that its popularity will wane soon. If anything, it'll be used like keyboards - mostly as background rather than lead instrument in most modern popular music.

/Metal/ for wolves? or wolf elements?

youtube.com/watch?v=YdYIz9bSNu4

Destroyer 666 - unchain the wolves
Wolfchant - a pagan storm
Dio - lock up the wolves
Ulver - bergatt
Satanic warmaster - opferblut

Wolf - edge of the world

My point was, computer generated music has gone from curious novelty and farty synths to a much more refined and marketable sound. It offered new more convenient ways of production, replacing guitars in many ways. This also went hand in hand with the rise of EDM and hip-hop to top 40.
In result guitars faced a lot of competition where they previously had little or none at all. With heavy music slowly going out of style after the 80s and 90s, guitars were left with uncertain perspectives.

Got u bro
youtube.com/watch?v=QJ2PtF1D-wA&t=18s

This genre will never produce anything better than the work of Varg Vikernes - we can end the general here.

Got bored of listening to the same old fucking shit. Thought I'd dive into a genre that I knew absolutely nothing about.

Staring with:
Burzum
Bathory
Mayhem
Emperor
Darkthrone

Any other recs would be greatly appreciated

fuck yeah thanks bro's

Ulver - Knulle meg rumpa

Listen to the album Blood in Our Wells by Drudkh and learn the struggle of existence for modern Ukrainians.

Listen to a bit of Abigail Williams.

Then spend the rest of your time listening to the Burzum discography from start to finish.

Really most of this genre is trash. Don't listen to garbage like slayer and dragon force.

youtube.com/watch?v=HM3xud40tgw

Solid picks bud. Don't dive into the obscure shit or new stuff that (often poorly) emulates those five quite yet. Get the debut LPs from Mayhem and Emperor, the other three bands you mentioned put out four great albums in a row each. Same goes for Immortal, from the debut to At the Heart of Winter is essential. Once you've heard all that, you've got a solid foundation and it's easy to find what you like.

blut aus nord

>wolfs
>no mention of Sonata Arctica
youtube.com/watch?v=sQghSEl0hHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_HAuXWVLyW4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ayb2awTZ9bQ

+Slayer, Black Sabbath and Rainbow

damn frenchies made this?

youtube.com/watch?v=WXLGXo1hMZE