What is there after death?

What is there after death?

dunno

Everything but "you". The world goes on, the atoms in your body will end up in other things.

Exactly the same thing as before you lived.

Not sure. My uncle died in hospital but got resuscitate.

He said he saw some shit but wouldnt tell me anymore. Just said he wasn't scared about dying anymore.
Later my dad said uncle mentioned something about a meadow and warm breeze and seeing a dog he had as a boy running up to him. Then someone said it wasn't his time. He knew he was going back to earth but didn't want to.
I don't know what to make of it, he's a normal guy, no drugs no freakouts, so I kinda believe him. Sounds comfy AF t b h

72 virgins

Oh and he saw a group of people standing around over in the distance. He thought they were dead family members and they were going to welcome him. Again sounds freaky, would like to believe but sounds made up.

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but near death experiences don't mean anything. Your brain freaks out and invents memories to fill in the gap. It's perfectly normal.

You fly, or rather float-drift through an enormous dark room -a room of noises: endless shimmering glissandi, crackling pizzicato, cold black turbulent zones of bass drones but otherwise empty. No planets, no meteorites. If anything perhaps a fine dust cloud of exploded music. You float there between comfort and fear. and your last thought is that you will become a noise. A thin nameless noise howling amongst all the others in the empty dark room.

Yeah I've heard that too. I wonder if it's a case of
> normal everyday life driving to work
> get t boned at an intersection
> oh shit the pain
> holy fuck everything is going black
> what? what? zomg am I like, dying?
> bright colours, nice music, waterfalls and shit
> feels warm and peaceful
> have memories of the time you saw a butterfly as a toddler, your first bike ride, being at school, jumping into a swimming pool, graduation, getting married etc
> see your gran just over there, but she died 7 years ago??? oh awesome, she's come to get me!!!
> start to walk towards her
> can't move, legs are heavy like walking in molasses
> everything starts going loud then quiet
> static and white noise
> bright blinding flashes
> then black
> then cold
> end transmission
> no more conciousness
> eternal nothing

eternal youth and beauty

I wish I knew OP. I wish I knew.

Then I'd decide what I did in this life. Something tells me this is the lead in to the real thing. That here and now is just like our 9 months in the womb, preparation for the important stuff that's waiting at the next leg of our journey. If that makes sense. Hope I explained it well enough

Fuck. This is 2deep, man.

Nobody knows. Nobody can know until they've died. The same way that a Christian can't prove that there is a Heaven, an athiest can't prove that there isn't a Heaven. We can have our theories, but that's all they ever will be. Until we die and find out, that is.

At Sunday school we were told for eternity. I tried to grasp the concept of living in the afterlife literally for ever. Things never stopping. That concept blew my fucking 8 year old brains out.

I agree...and for that reason, I hedge my bet on being a decent person. I don't mean you have to be religious and pray and all that, but if you are an asshole to everybody and there is a hell, would suck to go to it. It's riskier to bet there's nothing at all and be a piece of shit to everybody, because if you are wrong, that really sucks. But if you want to have fun, no problem as long as you aren't hurting anybody.

Thats like asking what is there before birth?

Don't think there's a hell, hell is probably a tool of mind control like karma. To me it's more probable that this world is a hard deterministic simulation than anything else and that the afterlife is another physical space with another set of 'rules of life'.

Me too. The only thing that made me feel better about that concept was when I learned about theories such as time being another dimension, and that it need not be a linear thing that stretches on for infinity. It made me feel better to consider it like the three dimensions we exist in, or also like something that can be enclosed like a circle rather than just linear on and on and on...

I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

That about sums it up right thur.

I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

I agree with Herr Doktor...we cannot allow an afterlife gap

nothing

Except for the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to think there is a heaven. I agree it's completely unprovable either way but Jesus' words or the bible mean nothing to me so why assume a heaven with at least to me is zero evidence. Isn't it more like that there's not?

Yeah I'm gonna err on the side of caution and try live a good positive healthy life. Just in case...

I get it, but I'm more worried there's a hell than I would want there to be a heaven. Heaven might be a pleasant surprise, hell would just suck. So I'm not advocating the idea of heaven...just more afraid if there is a hell.

Nothing

LOL...as if that's scientific.

It's what you BELIEVE. You have no evidence either way.

But you put your faith where you want. Just remember when you do die and it isn't nothing like you expected, know that you are going to pay for your preaching against, well, the truth.

Aliens.

Well my argument applies equally well to hell. It's existence or lack thereof is unprovable but because I think religion is bullshit there's no reason to think there is

What's going to happen?

You will be you, minus your physical body.

You will think, well fuck, those weirdos that believe without "seeing" were right. What did they know that I didn't? How come I didn't know?

You will learn you had your chances, but rejected it because, well, mostly because you didn't want to believe because that meant you'd have to stop being a fornicating whenever possible chronic masturbator and that sounded lame to you.

This life is a test. You're afterlife is going to be damn nice. Better than here unless you are someone like Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens. Those guys are fucked.

Hell will be the fact that you will know what you could have been, but can't now.

Theres nothing. People cant and dont want to live with the thought that they wont be concious and that they will be gone. It scares everyone. But just as trillions and quadrillions of years has passed so quick before we were born, thats how quick they will pass after we die. Im inclined to think that there is nothing because there was already nothing once - before you were born. So yeah, truth hurts.

what do you think of the losing 21 grams thing at death?

The fact that we are alive at all and able to comprehend if there is anything else is what is a miracle. Death, it would seem, is merely the natural end of the life cycle. I don't think there is anything beyond it, but a lot of people are hanging on to the belief that there is a happy ending after the credits roll, and I for one say good for them for being so optimistic in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Good for them.

I've heard about that. What's that in lbs though? Isn't it a tiny amount?

You lose many times the 21 grams after you die lol

a gram is about the weight of a paperclip, so not much

a funeral

After trillions and trillions of universal collapses and expansions, and their summed years, you will eventually live this life exactly the same way as you always have for all eternity. It's a loop, yet unbeknownst to most. I have made this post an innumerable amount of times, word for word. Nothing we can do to change it. We're not separate from the universe like everyone likes to think.

Dubs of truth

Nothing.
You cease to exist.
No awareness.
No emptiness
No limbo.

Just
Not being

This. LMFAO, but he forgot to point out the savage mind melting trip you'll experience before you die. You'll be wanting to change your life the whole time, but you're still gonna die.

My brother died and was brought back, he said there was just absolutely nothing but his disembodied thoughts and that after that he became more scared of death, so I certainly hope those dream-like thoughts during death aren't a real indication of life after death

It's gonna be alright.
Learn to see. To REALLY see. Learn to lucid dream. It will help a lot.

Yeah bro you just described an old 90's film with Kevin Fuckin Bacon. Sorry to tell ya.

astral projection?

bump

Sheeeet. I even remember that movie. Flatliners. Lol. I know the scene too. There was even a dog in it

But hey, uncle said it my dad, swore him to secrecy because suppose he didn't want to seem mental. Maybe he saw that film and imagined it? Lol