Got a question for you Sup Forums. How many of you have thrown a real punch? Gotten punched...

Got a question for you Sup Forums. How many of you have thrown a real punch? Gotten punched? Neither for me but I feel like it's important. Should I fight a friend or just a guy off the street?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8kGCnyRF5gY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fight someone your own size at your own experience in an mma class

I have been in two fights

the second one I beat his arse decently

but I broke my hand which took a while to heal

fighting bare knuckles is fucked, you need to learn how to box first

and if someone KOs you and you hit your head on hard ground, you could easily die

the real question is, why do you feel the need to do this?

I feel like a wimp. I'm trying to bulk up and get stronger but that doesn't equate to toughness. Even being able to do very strenuous exercise isn't the same as squaring off

height, weight?

Toughness has little to do with fighting. Anyone can be knocked out cold. Technique is the key. Master techniques.

5'10", 140lbs

Not planning on becoming an mma champ so obviously there's always someone bigger and more skilled. So even if I had all the technique in the world I still need to be able to take a punch

so you're not a giant..

just join a boxing class in a gym, as the guy above said technique

or take up a martial art

do not fucking fight someone on the street/a fried

Also don’t fuck up and break ur hand. You want to contact with your index and middle knuckle. Anything else is going to hurt you

Actually its important to get into a few controlled fights just so you have the experience of hitting and being hit so it doesn't come as a shock if it happens when serious. Do what above poster suggested and take class in boxing, mma or even a contact sport

They key is to take the least amount of damage u fucking retard

Look kid, if you get punched bare-knuckled in the face you could dislocate your jaw, or lose a tooth, or fracture an orbital, or get a concussion that takes months to completely recover from.

And if you could punch someone you could easily break a bone in your hand.

So don't be an idiot and risk that for no reason.

If you want to learn to fight, so be it, that's a different story. Learning to box, or to do BJJ will give you those fighting skills, but in a controlled environment with safety equipment.

I have been fighting competitively and on the street for a while and the one thing i have to say is learn how to land and throw your punches/kicks properly. Hyper-extension, dislocation and breaks are the worst thing in a fight and the healing after is horrible and hindering.
So take classes to start out, then have a supervised fight with someone because there are no rules on the street and cement is fucking hard.

Being able to take a punch is great but the more u get hit, the less tough u become. “What does not kill me makes me stronger” is bs when it comes to fighting. Look at boxers like Ali, he was brain damaged so bad he could barely talk. The more u get hit, the easier it is for someone to ko ur ass

your first fights could be safer on grass or dirt
cement, wood or tile floor are all bad to fall on
grass and dirt will make it a safer environment

Learn how to block a punch, not take one you fucking idiot. Fuckin kids these days....

I'm not aiming to get good at getting punched. Just seems like most people, at least older generations, have been punched before

Depends on how old you are, but yeah it is kinda weird if you never got into a street fight. I like the "you have enemies? Good, cause it means you stood up for something" quote. If you never fought in your life you're either clever enough to be everyone's friend or are getting pushed around.

>or clever enough to be nobody's friend

That too. Kinda what I'm doing atm if I'm being honest.

I've been punched at a few times but never punched back. I shoot double legs and choke them just enough for them to get their ego out.

Don't be a ducking idiot. If you are an adult and you have never been in a fight you will definitely get hurt. Even if you land a punch you will probably break your hand because you have no idea how to properly throw or where to aim. Chances are that whoever you attack will have more experience than you considering you have none whatsoever. I would have mo god damn problem knocking your ass out. I suggest you let a buddy bare knuckle punch you in the cheek. That shit will send you reeling. Your ears ring, you lose vision momentarily, and it hurts like a motherfucker. At best you will get your ass beat. At worst you will crack your fucking skull or break your neck and end up paralyzed or dead. As a full grown adult who has never struck someone or been struck your best option is to get some real training in a safe environment. You are a pussy and always have been. Learning to street fight in middle and high school is one thing. Everyone is too small and weak to do any damage. You get punched straight in the throat by a full grown man you could easily die. Take some boxing classes and get in a ring dumbass. Anyone who goes looking for street fights doesn't know shit about how tragicly they can end.

Classic little man syndrome.

Yup. Real fights suck.
Broke my hand.
Got a broken jaw and lost 6 teeth and 10k in medical bills

It's important to know if you can take a hit and give a hit. If you can't, avoid it a fight at all costs. Just good thing to know about yourself.

I’ve been hit and it’s so hard to describe because it diff for everyone but I got so blindly angry that I started punching back without realizing it

I do mma and capoeira take some advice and just don’t fight but if the time does come use open palms not knuckles to punch them so you don’t break anything and ignore possible try and use some sort of lock to subdue or break them

His heights optimal tbh, he's really skinny though. Should put on some muscle mass.

Been in a few fights, gotten punched, punched people.

Id say ask to fight a friend who has fought, and have him slap you real hard as the first punch. Get your adrenaline going and get in the mood.

Punching without experience, i think follow through matters most, like dont just aim to punch them, aim PAST the person. When you get hit, dont just stand there and try to eat that shit, move your head, body, hips in the direction of the punch, like with it.

Thats my 2c.

hurts less than you think. not necessary to get in a fight. can easily fuck you up permanently.

TIP: tuck your chin and its hard to get knocked out and people will break their knuckles on your forehead
(source: I have 3 brothers and a smart mouth)

Oh yeah, HAND PLACEMENT IS IMPORTANT. DO NOT TUCK YOUR THUMB INTO YOUR HAND. Press both thumbs against the sides of your pointer finger.

I highly suggest "slapping" though in a street fight, using your palm to make contact instead. Much harder and stronger then finger bones.

I punched my best friend to save our friendship after he slept with my ex a week after we broke up. Fucked up his bottom teeth he needed some dental work but we are still best friends.

What I said user haha lemme sickle on your cuckle

kek, plus the sight of watching somebody fall when you slap them is so much more satisfying. I dont know it just seems like your a bitch if you get slapped out.

I once fighted a guy when I was drunk and on cocaine which I sniffed on a toilet with a stranger.
My lip was bleeding and the friends of the guy held him back. I guess i have lost the fight.

Don't do drugs kids.

dont not do drugs kids. its awesome

your likely to loose teeth bro

me some years back

>>on holiday aged about 11
>>make friends with a kid with nasal problems (they affect his speech)

>>meet older guy in late teens
>>guy starts hassling us all
>>chase ensues (of us)
>>punches me in the mouth
>>wtf jpeg
>>loosens front teeth
>>at that age i was a bit autistic with weird ideas
>>run off
>>use toothpaste for teeth (hey i was a crazy cunt what do you expect)
>>somehow they unloosened

now i think of it, that cunt assaulted a fucking minor

if he'd have done that now he would have been arrested for child abuse
son of a bitch i hope he died

I’m 6’4”, 205lbs lean and pretty /fit/ but never been in a fight. As a young adult it feels dismaying knowing I probably got the strength to hold my own but don’t know shit to back it up. Should I jump into brazililian jiu-jitsu or boxing or what? I’d like to be able to defend my family or myself when the time arises and not just flail my arms in a fit of rage for 10 seconds before getting decked.

hm
brings me to "did i ever throw a punch"

>>aged about 15 ,out with old mate
>>just got a new coat (was a poor fag in those days)
>>mate starts fucking around pulling at my hood
>>wtf jpeg
>>loose rag and accidentally punch him in the eye
>>oh fuck jpeg
>>his eye fucking swells up
>>he tells me to tell his mum that he tripped up
>>we have never spoke about it since

just remember that any blows you get to your head can literally fuck you up for life

6'4 ey well if i were that height i'd do judo and wrestling

judo to throw
and wrestling for fun

just don't be a fucking cunt like steven segal

ahh back in highschool

>>kid who knows karate starts hassling me
years younger than me
>>his brothers a tough cunt aswell
>>just wouldn't leave me the fuck alone
>>me ?
>>well i was a wimp and had never been i a fight
>>anyways, he starts throwing punches
>>somehow i avoid them
>>throw a punch back
>>he fucking screeches
>>he's knocked my tooth out !
>>fuck jpeg
>>his brother comes up
>>ohh shit jpeg i'm for it now
>>his brother carts him off to the nurse

i never saw him after that or heard about it

to this day i still feel guilty for hurting someone else, even though it was his fault

you still here op?

>> Should I fight a friend or just a guy off the street?

neither you could litteraly get your ass handed to you on a plate op

if your serious about fighting being something you need to achieve before you die, go to a martial arts class but just remember you could end up being a cabbage

I get paid to fight. You should always know how to defend yourself, especially in this world. Find a good gym and start training. You will meet new people and gain a newfound confidence that will greatly improve your life as long as you commit to it. Most people will recognize your confidence and not even try shit, but if they do, you will be capable of handling the situation as long as you got good training.

context?
club doorman?

MMA fighter

This

Make sure your pockets can zip up otherwise shit will fly out, I broke my phone and lost my keys that way. Foreheads are hard too, go for the temple or under the ears.

I got jumped by 4 guys after a party. I broke one of their jaws and another's nose. They split my eyebrow and I needed some stitches, still have the scar. Bitches ran when their one friend went limp from getting knocked out/his jaw broke. I had to cover up at parts as all four were swinging on me, but I never went to the ground, I figured if I did they would stomp the shit out of me. Overall it went much better than expected. Boxing classes definitely came in handy.

Been in a few hockey and lacrosse scraps, a couple real street fights.

Helped that I took boxing for 8 months in grade 12. Box lacrosse fights are basically mini boxing matches. An average punch doesn't hurt at all, it's just your nose and jaw you really want to protect.

Badass street fights are a horrible idea cause no rules, no structure, and weapons.

lol, doesnt even drop his bags, what a pro

I have lived through both and I feel it's indeed important to know that you are able to defend yourself. However, I have seen people and suffered myself from quite serious injuries by fighting over nothing, if I could go back I would probably not do it again. Don't fight with a stranger for no reason, take classes for Brazilian Jujitsu, Muay Thai, Kravmaga or something and learn in a controlled environment. In real life, you can put yourself in very dangerous situations with crazy people and one punch can change your life forever.

I'm 40. In my youth I did weightlifting, kickboxing, boxing, tae kwon do, karate and judo. None of them to a very high level, but a good 4-5 years training - not done anything since I was about 30 of that nature, but all my violent incidents happened way back when anyway.

I've been in a street fight with 3-4 people and thrown punches. I did not feel like I did any damage at all. Was drunk, these things tend to happen on drunken nights out, but my 6'2" army friend has very long arms and when he punches somebody, he knocks them out/over easily. I didn't feel like I did any damage. Its clear he hits much harder than I do because his hand gets completely bruised and is agony, whereas mine is fine.

I've also been jumped by 3-4 guys walking home alone, punched, had my head smashed off a lamppost and kicked viciously everywhere while on the ground. It hurt, a lot, it made me cry, it made me scared and it made me vomit.

I've also been attacked by a soccer hooligan known for being a "hard man" in a club; he only punched me 2-3 times but it was extremely hard, my face swelled up terribly for over a week and again I was violently ill that night, through alcohol and or shock.

I've also been punched while in school, the guy hit like I do and did no damage whatsoever. I hit back and knocked him over completely by accident, and I wish I had shown some viciousness and attacked him while he was down! It would have given me a reputation for being somebody not to mess with, instead I retained a reputation as not being very tough.

tl;dr unless you have a good technique, punching people hurts your hand as much as it hurts them. As many will say, the first blow is usually the decider as its so painful that unless you are experienced, you immediately lose any advantage or ability you might have had from the shock of the pain. If you get that first blow in, I would say its best to capitalise and make sure the opponent does not get back up, despite this being a detestable thing to do!

Legendary smackdown.webm

ive never had the need to fight anyone, always throw the first punch, never push around.

i like how he tries to slip the punch and then tries to play the tough gy by sticking his chin right back out there to get hit again

Someone threw a rotten peach at me in high school, and I tackled him and beat the shit out of him. Been punched sparring and shit a few times, but no real fights other than the above.

Got punched in the head in highschool. I deserved it. Never since then.

What if there's scorpions hiding in the grass or you make a mole angry fighting on top of his house?

Kid deserved it imo
Hopefully it taught him humility and restraint. Clearly the guy who taught him discount karate didnt teach him that

Don't try to get into a fight, they suck and are dangerous. If you wanna know what it feels like, sign up for a boxing class. There will without a doubt be a guy there who'd love to ring your head like a bell.

Source: used to get into fights in teens and early 20s. Won some, got my ass kicked a bunch. It's not fun and there's always a risk of serious damage. It doesn't hurt to know how to throw and take a punch, but it's infinitely more valuable to know how to either deescalate a situation or get out of it. Also it's not a bad idea to do some kind of grappling MA, like BJJ. Definitely made me more comfortable in confrontations to know I have something to fall back on if it goes sour.

The op would kill you in a fight you faggot.

im 22, 1.87m and 115kg. used to lift a lot back when i was 16-20 im a bit overweight now, ive been involved in a few fights.

the first one was when i was 17, i was the most buffed guy at my highschool and some guy from another school wanted to fight me, i refused and he threw a stone at me but i dodged it, so i punched him in the jaw and he got knocked out cold. mt and my friends had to flee because his friends started throwing stones at us.

the second one was when i was 19, a girl friend of mine got super drunk at a club and some idiot tried to reach into his purse,me and my friends totally fucked him up until security came and fuck us up too lol, i bleeded form my nose that day.

the third one was a few months after the second one, i went out with my exgf to some bowling place, and the guys next to us started talking shit to her, so i went up to them and then we went outside, i was a quick fight, the guy tripped and i kicked his face.

Should've punched the other guy.

LOL

Go to a boxing or etc gym and pay for lessons

What a dumb thread

Got into my first fist fight at 10 with my kickball team's co-captain. Don't remember what the deal was but we just won our league's championship and somehow got into it. Pretty sure I lost that fight and I probably deserved to because I was an arrogant captain who just ordered everyone around.

Next real fight was at 13. Joined a "gang" in middle school and jumped into a riot between different gangs behind the gym during a pep rally. Threw some really good punches, laid out 1 dude and got my lip busted up, but I booked it as soon as staff showed up. Didn't want to get caught due to being a member of the student government and honor society, and I'm glad I left because the cops were called and a lot of those involved were taken out of school and sent to the Department of Youth Affairs.

Never had any fights in high school. Just did a bunch of drugs and chilled with other musicians. Couldn't handle being around my AP/honors classmates. Bunch of uptight asswipes.

College years came around and got into a few drunken fights at some parties. None I really remember but I was once taken to the hospital by friends after getting knocked out. They feared I might have gotten a concussion from hitting the ground too hard, but I was fine: just intoxicated.

Last fight I had was at a bar about 5 years ago. Some drunk got aggressive because I was making small-talk with his girl. Got sucker-punched but I returned it with a lighter/knuckle duster I was carrying. The dude dropped and I hightailed it out of there due to fear of getting arrested.

I'm now 31 with a wife, kid, and decent job so I can't afford to throw any punches these days. Although I didn't have any stellar win rates, at least I tried.

2 brothers, short redhead at school. I've probably got as much experience as any brawler. Just tackle and pound their face. Squaring off is for fags. Not many people can fight off their backs effectively anyhow. Typically you want to break their nose (it hurts, effects their breathing and they'll have a nice memento)

So like BWAH guy in this?
youtube.com/watch?v=8kGCnyRF5gY

I have had the bulk of my youth violent. I had a dad who kicked my ass whenever I got out of line. In hindsight, he was abusive... very abusive. Silver lining, I won a bunch of fights where the guy beating me into hamburger ran away when I only landed a few good hits. I got really good at hurting people and hurting them bad. Fast forward to now, I'm a pacifist. I will resort to violence only as a last resort. Avoid violence if you can.

Haha newfag doesnt know how to greentext

He could be drunk or using a "smart" phone.

Three times
>be 13
>school as usual
>nigglet comes up and wants to fight me for "looking at him wrong"
>after school
>I throw a punch and a kick but get knocked out anyways
>nigglet hears teachers
(The rest of this story is based off whiteness accounts)
>apparently when he heard the teachers he got on the ground and cried
>he claimed "I DINDU NUFFIN I IZ INOCEN"
I got suspended and also got a broken hand and also a broken nose

Only once, one guy tried to impress a girl and started to pick a fight with me. He then made a small hit to my chin. I landed my first and only hit, he was a small guy and flew trhough a door. Fighting is almost never reasonable. I am 194cm and 100kg and i had some experience from boxing. For US fags 6.4 220lbs. The guy was KO.

>almost never reasonable
>flew through a door

He did flew through a door, it was just behind him and after impact he fell backwards and broke the shitty lock along with it, he was around 179cm and 60kg, small guy with a napoleon complex and a broken nose. My hand was suprisingly fucked after hitting this manlet.

7 years of kickboxing and 2 of mma, threw many punches and kicks, received many aswell

Your first fight could be your last, one bad punch or a bad fall from a knockout could fuck your entire life up.

Take lessons if you're curious enough but don't get into an actual fight unless you have to, only the desperately insecure go out looking to prove something.

Growing up, my friends and I used to fight each other all the time, I remember my mate, J, tried to take me down, came in too low, and slammed his shoulder into my balls.

Yeah. Me and my sister, both about ten, were walking home from school and got jumped by a pack of other black kids who knocked our lights out for being mixed.

Amen, just because you're a manlet, it doesn't mean you can act like one, just get into boxing and don't pick a fight on the street, you'll just get your teeth kicked in by Tyrone, Jamal, and Shaniquanda.

Being mixed sucks. Everyone not mixed hates you. Dipshit parents should consider that before making babies or at least picking an area to bring them up in.

We moved from a town where like 90% of the students were black, to a town where 90% were white shortly after that incident. We never experienced bullying because of our race again after that.

You did, you just didn't see the passive-aggressive bullying.

They did a great fucking job hiding it, then.

Actually, my sister got rejected twice by guys purely because she was half black. They both clearly had feelings for her, but their families wouldn't have it.

Why punch? Stab the bitch

Get into boxing, and learn to do it right.

never thrown one in anger during a confrontation although i did have a couple of them .

i do know how though as i had plenty of ma training and sparring but im by no means as good as somebody who is an experienced street fighter or boxer those guys can wreck your shit if they get serious.

i did recieve a couple of them in fights and more than i can count during sparring .

personally i think being on the recieving end is much more useful experience than serving them . your body learns from the experience wich is quite useful in case you ever get into a fight so you dont just keel over like a sack of potatoes and start sobbing .

also OP dont engage in a streetfight with some random dude that can end very badly as you have no clue how strong / experienced the other guy is or if he has the decency to stop when you are down and not curbstomp the living shit out of your face.

never thrown a real punch, have thrown fake punches