Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/5vxwbuoz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

henry rollins

Roll for Australia

Chad needs to be on this.

Here I come best Korea

r

I shall reborn with my brothers in Jihad in Pakistan, Inshallah.

I don't think anyone strictly uses music theory to compose (maybe some very dull arrangers/film scorers).

It's usually more like, "I came up with this melody I like, how should I write a harmony part?" and then theory can offer a quick, reliable sketch of that harmony.

Theory is about having tools that make composing and performing music easier. It's empty without inspiration.

I'm happy with Sweden desu

wtf

kerchow

roll

Great thread

oh, cool

Basically but it depends. The academic part of sound design at university level is filled with pretentious wannabe geniuses who want diagrams of cryptic avant-garde compositions. No one cares about that stupid shit in the real world. People just want good and interesting music. It's good for basic music writing for multiple instruments.

This is objectively correct. All the people I knew who went into music theory are boring fucks who do nothing but suck off classical all day.

rawling

Rolling for a shitty African cuntry

JK Rolling

haHAA

sadad

Rawl

Music theory is literally a road map or a toolbox of the possibilities of what you can use to convey something. Say you have an idea for a song with a certain feeling or sound. You hit a chord or note, then you search around for the next chord or note that will fit. Theory makes you aware of your options, making the music inevitably richer. One of my deepest regrets is not knowing more theory.

Roll

>rolling on a blue board
japan here i come

You shouldn't have indulged him. Not that OP was really interested in that. Perhaps this is him desperately trying to make it work:

Saving this thread from low quality bait. Roll.

Adam is a dumb faggot.

>free choice
Switzerland desu

making that comment is a lazy man/woman excuse!

Adam ruins his kid's asshole

physics is for the uncreative.

Hi in this episode im going to ruin my waistline

Its more like boring people choose music education . not that it makes you boring.

It didn't work OP, stop trying.

rolling for adam

rolling for niger

Imagine being this small-brained

keep rollin rollin rollin

Oh it worked I'm not OP and you're one of the boring fuckers he's talking about

Storm is coming...

Roule

OH ITS TIME TO LET IT GO

Great telepathic abilities buddy. I'm sure you'll now tell me what my name is and which country I'm from.

roll

>my county isn't on the list
Thank God.

Okay........

Rolling...

Fuck Lebanon

Rolly?

:(

nah i'm just shitposting

>have a nice day

Go

Roull

aaaahahaha, you ended up worse than those so called "niggers"

Of course.

You won't be reborn anywhere else. If we are to believe reality is wholly materialistic, then we can only be reborn in our exact circumstance for infinity.

Cmon 19!

what is counterpoint

croll

rolling for abordion

I mean, I think it's good to learn whatever instrument your learning without theory first, because then once you learn theory it's like the biggest "Eureka!" moment of all time

Rollerino

C'mon first world country

Rollin to New Zealand.

Roll

rolls royce

roll

roll

please

rollin

what does this even mean

I mean, there's a reason why it's called a "theory", it's was never proved

I can't read music but I have a good knowledge on harmony and consequentially intervals and I am satisfied with that

what do you mean not proved? It is proved, we call it theory to differ music in theory from music in practice

It can be a crutch for uncreative people but the "music theory hinders creativity" meme is bullshit spread by people who don't really know music theory

I don't know who's baiting who anymore

These better be ironic. Especially the second one for actually taking it seriously.

everyone post clyps you made without any music theory knowledge to prove to these kiddos its not necessary

clyp.it/5vxwbuoz

I always wonder what people mean when they talk about "music theory" in these useless conversations

like is knowing what a chord is music theory? knowing major and minor chords? knowing that there are major and minor scales?

is someone who is able to flawlessly play any (/reasonable) guitar tab a person who has demonstrated some knowledge music theory or is that all craft? how about someone who is able to play any (reasonable) sheet music on a piano?

I GOT BANNED FOR REPLYING TO THIS THREAD

FUCK YOU MODS YOU DUMB CUNTS

music theory is kinda like the tools that help you to be creative in my opinion they just sorta give you the means to express your creativity