Shit plebs say

"I don't like Pink Floyd, I think they're boring!"

I like Ghost. Their music is "fun."

Pink Floyd made good albums after the 60s

This is not Reddit here. Pink Floyd is trash.

It is boring though. There's good psych/prog/psych prog/space rock out there and pink isnt it

I don't blame you.
They're not everybody's cup of tea.
Personally I only like early Pink Floyd with Syd Barrett. Everything after A Saucerful of Secrets up to Obscured by Clouds is alright, but anything after that album is still to be avoided. But you probably find all Pink Floyd boring anyway, so to each their own.

That's what edgelords say though, not plebs. Plebs overrate Floyd, reactionary edgelords trash it.
Edgelords

edgelords > plebs > you

>Jazz makes me feel like an intellectual

They are boring.

they are boring if youve listened to more than just the 5 most famous prog acts...

no one says that. but people subconsiously think it.

favorite gif all time

what's some good psych prog then

>The Beatles are a much better band than The Beach Boys

>pink floyd aren't complete trash
one of the plebbiest things you could say

Ozric Tentacles
King Gizzard (Fuck the meme, they're good)
Iron Butterfly
Angel'In Heavy Breathing
Alterra
Banyan
Can
Cream
Acid Mothers Temple

Right. Thanks for the idea.

My contribution: "That person listens to jazz, he probably thinks he's an intellectual or something lol"

All these bands are either not psych or not prog

So they have to be prog and psych at the same time?
What about Ozric Tentacles?

AMT is psych rock with prog elements what are u smoking plebtard

The real winner is this
>Pink Floyd stopped being good with Dark Side of the Moon
I have seen countless numbers of you claim this as well as people IRL. Michael Gira even said something similar. I am convinced this is one of the premier pretentious opinions. Dismissing DSOTM, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall, which are all objectively great rock albums, purely because it's not cool to like popular rock anymore, is unforgivably dull. Yes, Syd-era Floyd was great. But post-Syd pre-DSOTM Floyd produced hits and misses. Yes, they wrote Meddle and Atom Heart Mother, which are decent and good respectively, but they also wrote Obscured By Clouds, which was rightly forgotten, and the More soundtrack, an album so dull, uninspired and inconsequential I do not think I have ever seen it mentioned here.

Though I don't agree with your opinions on those specific records you mentioned, I certainly agree with the overall sentiment.

which one is Pink?

Pleb detected.

I like Pink Floyd but The Wall has definitely not aged well.

The Wall and Dark Side are genuinely terrible though, just because you don't want to accept it doesn't mean others can't see it.

Animals is god tier. Dark Side and The Wall i'm sick of because I played them too much as a teen.

>calls pink floyd bad
>calls King Gizzard good
everytime :')

me neither, I tried to get into them i just couldn't do it. I feel like a retard for not liking them but i just can't force it

I'm not the guy that called Pink Floyd bad. But i am the guy that called King Gizzard good. I'm just getting into Pink Floyd, The Piper is cool so far.

Do yourself a favor and stop after Obscured by Clouds.

This
rock progressivo italiano masterrace reporting in

Don't listen to this pleb Animals is some of their best work. Since you're starting at Piper I would recommend you go in chronological order.

prog is my favorite genre and its basically all i listen to and theyre still my favorite band

The reason people don't like albums after Obscured by Clouds is because they are down right depressing and negative.

DSTM: side one is you live and you die, and get told that you won't achieve what you want in life. Side two deals with every bad thing you have to deal with in ice while waiting to die i.e. greed, averice, political strife and conflict, and then you're put into a home because you're either insane, or have dementia.

WWYH: Focuses on the down side of the music business, how a musician who plays music for the love of it, and might want to earn alining by doing so, is eventually turned into a product or commodity, and are at the mercy of the industry

Animals: It's about political power struggle, and that people who are not part of the inner circle are mere pawns to be used by the powers that be, and there's nothing anybody can do to change it. I actually have a little respect for this album since it is loosely based on George Orwell's novel Animal Far, but I'd rather read the book, than listen to this depressing piece of shit.

The Wall: Merely a continuation of WWYH but even darker. You become a rich and famous rock star, but you get into drugs, touring causes you to implode, your spouse leaves you because you're never home, and you eventually kill yourself. Again, I have a modicum of respect for this album because A) it was actually based on Roger Waters' personal life experiences, and B) Roger Waters wrote it after having a nervous breakdown after the Animals tour, but as far as I'm concerned, anything that Pink Floyd does with an album, Steely Dan could get the same point across in a five minute song, and it would be FUNNY NOT DEPRESSING!

>reddit spacing
kys

See

I'm sorry, i'm not calling Pink Floyd bad but your favorite genre can't be Prog if they're all you listen to

Dark Side: about the concepts of life not just the bad shit
WYWH: dedicated to their bandmate that got fucked up
Animals: >and there's nothing anybody can do to change it
but at the end the sheep kill the dogs and take over the pigs
The Wall: is depressing admittedly

The music isnt so much depressing as youre reading into that way

No dummy I meant I only listen to prog music

>"Dark Side of the Moon sucks"

DSOTM: Sorry, but I can't find any positive messages on that album

WWTH: Shine On You Crazy Diamond was written as an afterthought after Syd showed up at the studio unexpectedly during the recording sessions. The song fits the album perfectly, but it was an afterthought.

>>Animals: Who's to say that the sheep won't adopt the habits of the pigs and the dogs? George Orwell is still spinning in his grave.

>>The Wall: well, at least we agree on one album

Sorry. Didn't mean to green text the last two albums. My bad.

>depressing = bad
this makes zero sense

It's literally just drawn out blues rock with synthesizers

lol i had played too much of them by the time i was 8. Fucking pleb

it's also pretty cool

The Wall is a bloated mess of half-baked ideas shat out by Roger Waters, and everything from that point onwards is total trash and can be discarded. Roger is a good lyricist, especially on WYWH, but he's incapable of keeping his political ideas out of his music and it all comes across as so preachy and heavy-handed. The Final Cut is depressing and completely forgettable, and all of the Gilmour-fronted material is new-age garbage.

Syd-era floyd will always be best floyd, but the patrician album choice is Ummagumma. Fight me

>Syd-era floyd will always be best floyd
>Ummagumma the best album

I think Pink Floyd are really boring but i see why others like them

Fuck you and your reasonable opinions, faggot

Pink Floyd is great you massive faggot. What's wrong with you?

I really like Pink Floyd but I can see why you find them boring.

I am indifferent about Pink Floyd and can see why others would be indifferent.

Fuck off cumguzzler who presents an opinion that has credit to it.

>s/he wears a dark side of the moon t-shirt

t. numale

>led zep is for redneck white trash and its GENERIC!

>he dosnt like wywh

Is this bait

This isn't even creative or funny irony

"Genesis suck after Peter Gabriel left."

A lot to agree with here, but the Wall does have its weaknesses by today's standards as and mention. It's still a good album, but it is quite long in the tooth..when I sit down and listen to it from start to finish, there are quite a few songs that bore the shit out of me and just make me want to skip it.

DSOTM and WYWH though, fucking classics from start to finish in my opinion. I can listen to those albums from start to finish numerous times and not get tired of them, I absolutely fucking love them.

Correct, the right answer is "when Steve Hackett left"

I'd agree with you but Duke, Abacab and the '83 s/t exist.

When Hackett left was definitely when they changed.