It's MVP voting season!

Hey everyone, don't forget to put in your votes for the NBA© KIA® MVP™ to help tip the scales in a tight race this season!

Here's my card, what do you fine fellows think?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-isaiah-thomas-is-a-fourth-quarter-killer-but-which-team-is-he-killing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you average a triple double there shouldn't even be an argument. I don't care if your team gets 20 wins total

sage this gay shit

BUT MUH TRIPLE DUBS is the most banal and thought lacking argument anyone can make. take Russ's averages and turn 10 assists into 9.3. Do you still think the same thing? I highly doubt it. Fuck meme ass russel westrbook and this stupid ass fucking triple double retarded ass meme, FOH.

Westbrook, because his clutch performsnce Is historic

Westbrook, because if he wasn't on the team they would only win 15 games

Make sure to vote for the actual MVP and not statpadding jerks!

:)

>not statpadding jerks
>1st pick is the king of the 4th quarter statpad

top bantz amerifriend. IT is the worst statpadder of them all, instead of saving it all up for 4th quarters he could be doing work in all the quarters, like a smart player. but gotta have all those 4th quarter records i guess.

Actual mvp list. Not just a player of the year list.

That's not what happens at all you fucking idiot you clearly haven't watched Celtics games this year.

His 4th Quarter numbers are because everybody else on the fucking team utterly chokes and blows in the 4th, and he is the only one that consistently scores. So brad funnels plays through IT, and basically everytime the ball gets passed around it ends up back in his hands.

And it's not fucking Statpadding if he has to do this to win the games. Without him doing the things he does in the 4th, they'd have lost every fucking game this season.

Fuck off dipshit.

Going by which team would be the worst without their best player.

Westbrook
>league average efficiency
>highest usage rate of all time
>makes his big men box out but ignore rebounds so he can get them instead
>case for mvp goes out the window if he averages 0.8 less rebounds or 0.5 less assists
>lowest in the league in contested shots among people who play more than 27 minutes a game (i.e. doesn't play defense)
>only has the 10th best record in the league

Harden
>leads the league in assists and also 2nd in scoring
>great efficiency
>led team that most experts predicted would only squeak into the 8th seed to the 3rd best record in the league

Isn't even close desu

The whole team played like shit because they allow Russ to run around collecting rebounds and stat pad

Anyone not having Russ/Harden first should seriously consider to stop watching professional basketball

You people vote like children who want to buy the latest toy advertised on a commercial during after school cartoons

>Derozan
kek

He's good, maybe even a great player. But by absolutely no means is he an MVP caliber player.

>MVP vote for a guy on a lottery team

Now THIS is podracing.

Do the NBA MVP voters generally look at the more advanced stats to choose?
Relatively new to basketball and know that Harden is technically the better player, but Russell has the bigger numbers upfront.

Funny enough the Celtics are actually worse with IT in the 4th than without. The numbers don't lie.
cbssports.com/nba/news/celtics-isaiah-thomas-is-a-fourth-quarter-killer-but-which-team-is-he-killing/

>Isaiah Thomas
So none of you watch basketball, interesting.

>jiggaboojam
>40ozdunkandbounce

Does anybody really care?

I doubt anyone who enjoys watching men figure skate with sticks does

i hate overrated weststats but if he doesnt win the mvp it would be one of the biggest blunders ever.
he made this season about westbrook and if you look back at this season from 30 years in the future the most important thing that happened was westbrook. it would look absolutely ridiculous if anyone elses name was listed in that space for MVP.

Oh look, it's idiots that have not watched a Celtics game all year.

How are your """"advanced stats"""" holding up for you?

This team is fucking GARBAGE without him, losing to the likes of 76ers and almost the Nets and are a losing team without him.

Fucking casuals I swear

Putting Kawhi above Lebon should be an instant ban
They play the same position and Lebron is better in every stat except steals

This is a terrible article that doesn't actually take into account how ducking terrible the rest of the team is without him, how offensively it falls apart, and how intangibly HUGE chokers everyone except IT is.

>the isaiah shill from reddit is back

holy shit, can you just please fuck off and never come back?

>Isaiah shill from reddit

Oh look, it's a literal fucking retard that probably "loves" marcus smart.

Go fucking fuck yourself moron. He's the only fucking reason this team isn't sitting at 30 wins. Look at him in the fucking Cavs game last week for christ sake.

Everyone SUCKED except him.

>40ozdunkandbounce
lel

and wins

system babby no defense manlet MVP, not in my lifetime.

>hurr his team is chokers so he's MVP
fuck off you mouthbreathing bawwwston faggot

>look mom i posted it again

did you even watch the last 2 postseasons? this fucking manlet nigger got absolutely exposed as a chucker that shrinks under pressure

You must be the stupidest person alive.

First off, his offensive statistics this year are so wild that that alone gets him MVP consideration.

Secondly, the rest of this team is incredibly offensively inept. Isaiah Thomas plays his fucking ass off day in, and day out and provides the team with the ONLY consistent offensive scoring. He tries his ass off on defense, if not for his short height that does make his defensive awful.

I would take 10 of him over most other players on the team sans maybe Avery and Horford, but he's undeniably the best player on the team.

Consider killing yourself for your absurdly stupid casual opinions.

No, his team has more wins

THE ENTIRE FUCKING TEAM GOT EXPOSED
THE ENTIRE TEAM FUCKIGN SHRUNK

And even then, he SINGLE HANDEDLY WON YOU A GAME because everybody else BLEW

I like how you immediately went to the playoff stats, ignored what he's done this year which has been a wild improvement all around, and proclaim yourself NOT to be a casul.

>best player on regular season system team
>therefore top 5 MVP
My nigger you are straight up fucking retarded. I'm glad you can formulate an opinion after watching 20 celtics games and one night of TNT, that doesn't mean it's right. Even guys like PG, Hayward, Wall, Giannis, and Butler are vastly better and more valuable players.

lmao, chill bro. I like IT too, but damn, it's just a popularity contest award lmao.

You mean a player scoring 30 PPG shouldn't get MVP talk?

You think the Celtics are anywhere near as good without him? Have you seen their record without him?

Stop fucking acting like you've watched any Celtics basketball with this absolute trite opinion.

MVP is based off most valuable player. THIS SEASON he has CLEARLY been the most valuable player on the Celtics. He has played above and beyond a lot of the players you listed. Their team is, as a result, in better standing.

You need to fuck off back to whatever dumbshithole you came from.

It's not the MVP stuff that bothers me, it's the "IT IS SHIT LMAO" retards that bother me.

30 PPG and give the opposing PG 40, MVP!

His team is in better standing because his team is better with a better system and a better coach. Seriously, put Paul George or John Wall on the Celtics in for IT and they have 60 wins right now and by and away the best defense in the NBA.

Can you imagine if IT didn't have a great defensive core surrounding him, how big of a liability he would be? Get some perspective you fucking homer.

>thomas
>westbrook
>kawhi
>harden
>lebeta

>
His team is in better standing because his team is better with a better system and a better coach.
Explain to me how that team has a LOSING record without Isaiah then.
Explain how that team is completely different WITHOUT Isaiah then.
Explain how that team CAN'T SCORE without Isaiah if it's such a good ""system"" then.

>Seriously, put Paul George or John Wall on the Celtics in for IT and they have 60 wins right now and by and away the best defense in the NBA.

John Wall has fucking Beal to help him out, and they are seeded below the Celtics. So that's strike 1, retard.

Paul George's team is clearly worse than the Celtics, and I would absolutely love him on the Celtics. But exchanging out his player stats this year without ITs, and the team is no better because the problem for the team is scoring and Isaiah has done better in that category this year. If you chalk that up to ""system"", then it shocks me at how terrible the rest of the team is at scoring without him, because this ""system"" should accommodate for that.

Having a great defense ABSOLUTELY helps Isaiah thrive. But where would this fucking team be without Isaiah? Oh year, trying for a second lottery pick.

>east

>the isaiah shill is literally writing a book itt

sad

I'm generating a counterargument.

You're just screaming "shill shill shill" over and over again.

Accept that L, bitch.

>tfw too intelligent to argue about Isaiah being MVP

He's already my MVP

Isaiah ain't the MVP, he's at best 4th or 3rd if you homer it hard there Simmons.

But if you think Isaiah is bad for the Celtics then you need professional help immediately.

>t. ESPN

stfu with this bullshit narrative.

I hope you also remember his first rd sweep at the hands of the true MVP

Wizards had no bench most of the year and were getting used to new coach, subtract their 2-8 start and they're first in the east.

PG can score first of all, and the "need" argument is retarded, there's nothing wrong with just being absolutely stifling defensively.

>Those players don't fit as well on the Celtics therefore they aren't as deserving of MVP
Shit argument. Think of it this way: Put Isaiah on the Wizards or pacers and those teams would be dumpster fires. Same for Giannis and the bucks.

Triple Double is a meme and not the real reason Westbrook is MVP.

Westbrook is MVP because he's become the living symbol of opposition to the millennial brothers' fagball

John Wall balled desu

tbqhwyf

You can't be in contention for MVP if you are not the best at your position, these are the best at their position this year, therefore the only contenders

I would buy land on Waiters Island while you can.

>Derozan over Harden

WEW LAD

LeBron really should be the MVP every year. Without him the Cavs wouldn't even make the Playoffs

Objectively true ranking coming through

back2reddit you go

>two mavericks in the top 3

Nigga you serious?

Labran jimms gets my vote.