Hey Sup Forums, /k/ wont answer so im gonna post it here

Hey Sup Forums, /k/ wont answer so im gonna post it here.

I recently turned 21 and im planning to get my CC soon. Was wondering what you guys think about J frame pocket revolvers like pic related. Any advice is appreciated.

Revolvers are Great. Personally I would recommend this one. Won't Snag, Can Still Cock, .357 or .38

I have a Smith 640 much like yours. Very handy, concealable, and foolproof function. Kicks like a motherfucker because of its light weight, especially when loaded with .357 Magnum cartridges. Also, it sprays powder and lead everywhere, make sure you wash your hands after shooting.

I carry a Glock 27 now, however, and like it better.

shit acc and messy as hell

Get a semi auto

Interesting. Do you guys have any problems with keeping a firm grip when firing? What about burst firing? Is it capable of firing more than one shot on target without losing too much stability?

Optional question: what do you guys think about .45's in general? Was thinking about also looking into a usp but everyone has mixed feelings.

hammerless j-frame in 357. hurts like hell to shoot but will pack a crazy punch

You don't "burst fire" handguns unless you're an untrained niglet.

Jesus Christ...

Triggered nog here, see cuz u said kicks like a mofo because of weight

This is what ive heard. Im obviously going to build up on handguns but i want a reliable but balanced PD weapon. .357 is loud as hell and should only take one shot (at them or at the sky, doesnt matter) to deter a foe. Something that doesnt really need hollowpoints to be deadly, cough cough 9mm.

I love USPs but mine is a 9. I carry a 4" 1911 everyday

Correction, you dont burst fire revolvers.

I admit it was kind of retarded how i worded it but what i mean is what if i have two attackers, one on each side? I want to make sure it doesnt recoil hard enough to where i cant take out the other fellow.

I would recommend two small .38 special revolvers or a super .38 automatic

Don't listen to retard saying .44 magnum or .357 how you gonna conceal that shit

Bullshit, if you draw you shoot to kill.

Why a revolver? If you wanna shoot and keep your casings, I guess so. If it's for self defense there a million better options that will be easier to conceal. They will also be quieter (for the shooters appreciation only), and lighter. You'll forget you're carrying. A fucking revolver is something you carry to shoot, not to conceal

J-frames are good, you should also check out the Ruger LCR .38 specials. I would also suggest you try out some of the popular single-stack 9mms like the S&W Shield. 9mm has a performance edge over .38 special +P in terms of effectiveness.

Especially if you're a lawfulfag carrying concealed

Get a better knife, or at least a good boot knife.

.45's aren't really good for anything. They're not bad, its just that they don't really have much to offer. You can get higher capacity and more performance from a .40 S&W or a .357 Sig, or the same capacity in a much smaller, easier to carry firearm.

If you really like the 1911 style pistols or something, fine. A .45 would do the job. Its just not the best option for an every day concealed carry.

what kind of retard uses hollow points?

get a 357 if you want them dead. get a 45 if you want the guy behind them dead too

Glock 19 is the standard CC gun.

If you want even more concealable, S&W Shield. They are single stack and only hold like 7 rounds, but ultra thin.

I actually laughed at this. Americans are so fucked. I guess with how often mass shootings occur it only makes sense to get a CC permit/license/whatever.

Solid advice. If you're not in a kill or be killed situation, you've got no business even drawing your firearm.

Not big into revolvers personally. For a ccw i'd go for a sig p938 but that's just my taste. Pic related.

A lot of H&K's popularity is due to a well funded PR hype machine and a notable contract or two. Not that they are bad, but not worth the price. At the end of the day whatever you are the most comfortable shooting with is what you will spend longer practicing with, and with practice comes proficiency. Also get an idea of price across ammo types if that will inform your decision at all because training gets expensive

>Pilot G2

This man understands pens.

.357mag will over-penetrate on just about every test.
.38sp +p is a good compromise.

1911's can also shoot 9mm? If so, i was unaware. Would love a 1911 but im detered by the magazine size. Its enough if youre shooting .45, sure. Its just that if im getting a semi of proportionate size, i want enough for the weight to be worth it. Not saying that id buy a glock but i want something with at least 10 + 1.

Anybody here also into rifles? What do you think about the 10/22? For home defense of course. Most say that .22 is inferior, which it is but open bolt is legal in my state and there are no mag regulations. No bullets killing my neighbors either which is good.

Yes, 9mm 1911 style guns exist. The ruger 10/22 is NOT a good self-defense choice. Rimfire rounds such as the .22 are not as reliable as centerfire rounds. Even the best .22 ammo will have duds every once in a while.

10/22 isn't open bolt

Thats what im saying. I mean, if you can avoid it, dont risk your life going rambo on some goons you already scared off. Although, if i do have to shoot, i can trust .357 to get it done with one good shot, maybe another in the head if hes still fighting but thats a doubtful assumption.

More murders happen with .22's than any other caliber. Something is better than nothing.

You can get a 1911 10+1 in 22lr my dude.

Ruger lcp with crimson trace and wallet holster. Only way to conceal carry. Gun is useless if you can’t get it when you need it (eg mugging) and if it’s too heavy or unpleasant to carry.
Also laser useful because in a real situation you won’t have time to aim and sometimes people freak out at the laser so you don’t have to shoot.

Must be a troll...

Shut up you gunless gutless fag,go outside and get stabbed or raped by a Muslim infested country

You need a Ruger P45 with a under the arm holster.

I wish I would have bought a semi auto instead of a revolver.

stopping power and less penetration. i don't want any chance of a stray bullet going through walls and possibly injuring a family member

That knife is so beautiful. How much was it? Also, what are you carrying currently/what's in the holster?

ANY pistol.

That's called wasting ammo.

Kek guys this euro retard thinks he can solve the number one world powers problems by posts on fucking the random board on this website. What a fucking genius it's amazing he hasn't been elected president since he's clearer dumber than our own and the dumb one won because we elected him amirite wow golly what a fucking visionary

The PM2 isn't bad

aesthetically, fuggin ugly.
but they do what they're supposed to.

imo if you're going for revolver, get an sp101 snub nose

user, I am a gun fanatic and I carry a firearm everyday all day. I have carried almost every handgun platform under the sun. I had a stint in time where I carried a j frame and it was nice but i still kept sliding back to single stack 9mm. What you will learn is that a heavy gun (ie steel revolver) is so uncomfortable when compared to a single stack, even a double stack sub compact. Weight plays a big role, also invest in a hella good belt. Not your macys dockers leather belt. A proper gun belt. At the end of the day if your comfortable with it then go for it. If it doesn't feel right you won't learn to like it.

When you're of age, join a local range and fingerfuck their stable of rental guns, see what you like and what appeals to you. I'm a S&W revolver fan. And the anons who recommended .38 Special or .38 Special +P know what they're talking about.

And get some TRAINING, seriously.

Don't bring your bullshit here

Shit tier pen. Papermate Profile Elite is the only pen

Looks like the regular black paramilitary 2 so probably $120 ish

1911's are over a hundred years old design. Yes, people figured out how to make models that use 9x19 cartridges in them.

Yep that's exactly what that is. And the gun is a Smith & Wesson shield 9mm. Would recommend both.

I just got the blurple PM2 in S110V and it's way nicer than any other knife I've had

Definitely noted.
Also noted. No .45's for home defense.
Im trying to keep it pocket sized so ill look into it. I live in a densely lib area so holsters are kind of overboard. Most places of business near me dont allow weapons inside.
I see. Im still looking but i wanted some outside opinions. The advice is very appreciated.

Uh, no.

Ive seen open bolt modifications that interested me but you would be correct, they are not originally open bolt.
See, i wanna get a rifle for HD but again, piercing walls is an issue. I live in an apartment.
See above, I have conflicting opinions from both of you. Will say though, it's high capacity makes it very attractive.
Jesus, where have i been then? Mustve been under a rock.
Something like pic related? How much do they run?

Volvers are over priced. If you can afford it, great! Otherwise stick with a polymer lower hand gat like a glock or any of its competitors (sig, s&w, canik)

Yeah that's why you got to keep it small profile and very unnoticeable unless they have pat-downs or metal detectors who gives a fuck about what the sign at the front door says, because 99% of the shooting happen in gun-free zones

There are double stack 1911’s out there

oh you sweet summer child

Get a subcompact Glock (Glock 27 is a .40). Glock firearms are my favorite, and the .45 shoots like a dream. I daily carry a 21 SF and t doesn't necessarily conceal, but it's definitely a comfortable gun when it comes down to it.

This is true. Revolvers are for hits

I'm not a gun but really, but I've fired and carried quite a few handguns and revolvers. My ideal ccw all around is my Ruger lcp 380. Technaclip belt clip keeps it right where I want it, and it's not uncomfortable to stand, sit or move. I carry mine strictly for self defense, because I live in a drug addict infested town. People joke about the 380 but I highly recommend it for cc. Standard magazine is only 6 rounds, but it packs a punch and is very user friendly. I keep Hornady hollow points in it, not for the stereotypical, grotesque wound, just for the fact that if I need to use it, I want the round to stop in the target instead of going through and endangering anyone else.

Why so?
Definitely remembering this. Alot of you guys are saying its all about the comfort. Im going to take that into consideration.
This is true, but im at my job most of the week. Ill probably keep it loaded in my car but theyve told us multiple times that a gun can and likely will land us in jail, even if its in your car but they have to have reason for search. Im a low profile guy, i talk to my coworkers who hunt about guns but thats about it. As stated before, really looking for a handgun as small as possible without losing performance. Something relatively a one or two shot takedown. .38/.357 was right in that range so its kinda where im leaning.

Just looked it up, i like it alot. 6 + 1 and it fits snug in your hand or pocket. $200 price tag. You may have helped me decide on what my first PD weapon will be, thanks user.

So it doesn't, or what?

No problem. Glad I could help. One in the chamber can be tricky with the lcp because there isn't a safety, but that's not a deal breaker. Any questions just ask, I'll be glad to try and answer.

If a shootout breaks out and you have an unlawful firearm but survive I'll gladly go to jail and take my probation with honor

they arent bad guns but ive seen retards that shot their fingers off trying to get the damn thing out of a pocket. But that might of been just snub nose revolver cheapy.

>Why so?
Snub noses really are not that compact, the overall length isn't any different from a semi even with the same barrel lengths. Cylinders are extremely thick semi auto's are a lot thinner and fit in the waist belt easier. Semi can get better capacity, easier to carry a spare magazine around. For a snub nose the ammo choices really are not as good as compared to a larger revolver and semi's tend to have more options for pressure ratings on ammo it's pretty difficult for any bullets to really objectively compete any difference or measurable improvement over a 9mm round. Ammo tends to be a bit more expensive to practice with in revolvers. Honestly it's just an antiquated design, snub noses are typically considered more difficult to shoot accurately than semi-automatics until you get into the sub compact types. Really isn't any many pro's to a revolver while it has lots of draw backs. There is a reason why there has been such a big switch from revolvers to semi autos.

does it fit in your purse?

should be fine glove boxing it at work. now since people might have overheard that you're into guns if you ever flip shit at work like an imbalanced manchild then someone might go whispering that you're a risk for shooting the place up. if you're composed at least at work and don't sperg over guns too much at the office i doubt you'll have issues

load with 45 colt normally and 455casull when serious im guessing?

Nah, like i said, pretty low profile. Its a very small group of like maybe three dudes and theyre pretty genuine. It doesnt help that i wear all black 4/5 days of the week but my job is dusty and theres no point in ruining light colored clothes. Otherwise, im considering carrying it into work (on a belt of course). How much will a good, sturdy belt run? God forbid the thing drops off my waist around someone else, id be fucked out of a job.

Happy 12th birthday.

Implying that I'm 12yo because a trial by my peers will net a guilty verdict with a recommended sentence of probation is very childish.

>tfw got the 44mag in a trade but really want the 454

Nice one user.

>I don't have all my rights, and I tell myself I want it that way!

Heh, good for you sport. Sorry your immigration got rejected, stiff upper lip though. I mean at least you completely eradicated murder in your country.

Take your CC with an automatic, if you take it with a revolver you have to use a revolver when carrying... at least that's how it used to be.

Depends where you live. Just a standard license is enough to carry any way you want around these parts.

Noted. As previously stated, i may go with a luger lcp .380 instead. Question, do you get a choice in your safety training? How do they go about it?

i only have large revolvers, not allowed to carry in public here anyway

What state?