Nirvana for starters

I'm new to Nirvana but want to get into them, recommend me a starting point/natural progression.

Endless Nameless

There's three albums you fucking retard.
>I'm new to Nirvana
fucking underage shitter
fuck off and stop posting these retarded threads

nigga they only released 4 albums just listen to whichever you want

Just listen to all 3 of their studio albums and then get the extra stuff if you want, it's not much to go through.

Buy a shotgun

listen to siamese dream and mellon collie and the infinite sadness, you'll love it

This is the best nirvana album, check it out

Don't. Kurt Cocaine is a hack who could barely play guitar.

dumb kurt poster

Start with their first album, like you would any other artist

Forgot your trip Tourist.

Whoops, thanks user.

Listen to Nevermind
After realising it's shit listen to the infinitely better: In Utero

Or just listen to the superior Devonshire mix of Nevermind with better production and don't think it's shit.

Just start from first album till the end discography isn't so large because the guy fucking blew his brains out wew

>discography opens with "Blew"
>ended when he blew his brains out
wew

Unplugged is their best record.

>SEPTEMBER 13 2017
>NEW TO NIRVANA

Listen to the first Foo Fighters album instead and save yourself the bother

Start with Nevermind, it's the most accessible.
If you think it sounds too polished, listen to In Utero. If it's too raw, don't bother with Nirvana.

There's only three studio albums, four if you count Incesticide.. may as well just go in order.

Then you can indulge yourself in their b-sides goldmine which is where the meat is, really.

bleach has some decent riffs dont front

he could play the guitar not too bad but he made up some good stuff regardless of his skills

>Sappy (Retitled VCV)
What? Those are two different songs.

I'm not really sure. I downloaded this fat b-side compilation a few years ago. It's titled 'A Big Mix of Besides'. Track 44 is They Hung Him on a Cross which got cut out. oops

start with
>nevermind
>incesticide
>in utero
>bleach
then after you like the albums check out their bootlegs/demos
>with the lights out box sets
>6 outcesticide box sets
thats it, both these sets have the same songs but WTLO has better mixes and recordings but the outcesticides have rawer recordings and certain versions of songs and has the full version of moist vagina

Nirvana is overrated trash. Fuck off

Im pretty sure sappy was originally called VCV, then later he gave the VCV name to the song that it is now

Don't. Just listen to Hole instead

>Nirvana is overrated trash
they're both overrated and underrated,like the beatles, michael Jackson, or Kanye

Finally someone acknowledges the devonshire mix of nevermind is fucking legendary.

Does anyone have a link to that?

>they're both overrated and underrated

The only songs that were better on that mix are Come as you are and Lounge Act

Yes that's what he said

>He doesn't get what he meant
Good image choice, it accurately represents you

Didn't Kurt record a bunch of Leadbelly covers with Mark Lanegan? I think that is where 'I Hung Him On A Cross' comes from, but I'm not very sure. They have never been released though, and I wonder if they will. Kurt was supposedly going to record more but he killed himself before he had the chance.

i really hope they find some weird demos with actual thought out songs. or at least studio versions of unreleased live songs even if theyre

Honestly, its a mix of both.
That ending of on a plain with the vocals only and then the synth pad is just perfect.
really wish nirvana experimented with electronics and ambient music more.

Nevermind is obviously the starting point. Not one single track that is anything less than a 7/10 and it has the quintessential Nirvana sound.

Then In Utero. Darker, heavier, but definitely their best album.

Bleach may throw you off at first, it's back when they were pretty much a punk band and the 80s drum sounds are incredibly dared, but it's a real grower.

Then start checking out their B-sides and rarities. Incesticide is a compilation full of them.

Yeah this. But also Gish.

Only plebs think Nirvana or Pearl Jam were superior to the Pumpkins.

>Discography ends with All Apologies
>He never apologised in his suicide note

What a twist.

I'll never get over never getting another Cobain project.

Supposedly there is anther demo of 'Do Re Mi' that is better quality and has Pat Smear playing. I really hope that gets released. I wonder how much is left in the vaults.

>we are now living in a post-cobain, cornell, staley and weiland world

Are we really living?

>they're both overrated and underrated

Post as many pictures of mentally disabled people as you want, you're still stupid.

Stop being a fucking cunt.

they have 3 albums you fuckwad listen to them

probbly bought one of their overpriced t-shirts from Forever 21 now they have to make sure they know their whole discography before getting called out