Sad/Depressing Albums

help me make a list of sad records, user.
I'm not talking about "I got dumped" kind of sad, I'm talking "life is meaningless" pure despair kind of sad.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D-t2mOxLkRw
youtube.com/watch?v=FgTbPvkCZVk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Essential

well you asked for it

Silencer is but a shitty meme, OP; this is where it's at.

Dark ambient is great for this
This too

I prefer Springtime Depression, but both albums are some of the best DSBM.

Codeine - Frigid Stars

Any more selfharm-core?

Obligatory but also the only album that genuinely makes me feel what you describe

Bump

My personal favorite DSBM (and Black Ambient) album that I want to share with more people so they can love it, too.

Noisy as hell, volume warning.

Essentially any Radiohead song. Their entire discography is just sad, hopeless, meaningless, depressing lyrics set to beautiful melodies and instrumentation.

>WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

Lifelover - Erotic. my go to DSBM. It's sorrowful, atmospheric and also listenable.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-t2mOxLkRw

youtube.com/watch?v=FgTbPvkCZVk

i think thomas ligotti might be the most horrifyingly depressing writer of our age

listen to pic related if you like that EP, user
also listen to In a Foreign Land, In A Foreign Town by C93 as well.

mark kozalek

listened to both of those, as well as The Seahorse Rears to Oblivion (which was actually written by David Tibet but has a similar general feel). Did C93 do any other ligotti stuff (or things similar in tone)?

anything by Big Rare

>thread starter is depressive bm
>this nowhere to be seen

Not that I'm aware of. Ligotti's work is really neat though. There's a load of readings of his work on YouTube by random people. Really comfy/immersive if you add dark ambient to them.

Their logo looks like a ballsack